Panarin coming home?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If that offer is on the table Panarin would be on his way to Chicago.

I agree while Jackets fans dont because their D is set. And I kind of understand it while they underestimate Joker and our 1st.

Imo our 1st 2019 and 2020 are untradeable because they are likely top-10 picks both. And I mean undertradeable from our perspective.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, sign him as a UFA or not at all. I want him after he plays his last year out anyway, want to see him hit another level this year before we give him whatever he wants.

Schmaltz-Hughes-Kane
Panarin-Toews-Debrincat
Saad-Anisimov-Some other big guy

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
DeBrincat Toews Kane
Saad Hughes Schmaltz
Panarin Anisimov Shalunov
? Kampf Hayden

Trade Sikura, Kahun, and Murphy for futures.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
DeBrincat Toews Kane
Saad Hughes Schmaltz
Panarin Anisimov Shalunov
? Kampf Hayden

Trade Sikura, Kahun, and Murphy for futures.

Kahun hasn't even played a single game and you already want him off the team. Jesus some of you really have no patience whatsoever.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kahun hasn't even played a single game and you already want him off the team. Jesus some of you really have no patience whatsoever.

I know nothing of this guy, Kahun, but some are quite high on him. At least one poster calling him a good replacement for Hino. I am skeptical ... we'll soon see for ourselves but I want to see him play before trading him off.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Honestly would like to see more of Sikura & Kahun before we think about shipping them out.

Kahun is, in my mind, more of an offensive player and with that totally possible lineup I made, there wasn't room for him unless he or a guy like Saad or Anisimov went to the 4th line. That's why I said trade him.

Sikura gets traded because we can't resign him after this season if we want to bring Panarin back and re-sign Schmaltz. Not unless you want to trade Saad or see if Panarin would be willing to sign despite trading away his Russian friend Anisimov.

So leave my imaginary, but completely realistic lineups alone you bullies!!!

Reactions: BrianE

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Kahun is, in my mind, more of an offensive player and with that totally possible lineup I made, there wasn't room for him unless he or a guy like Saad or Anisimov went to the 4th line. That's why I said trade him.

Sikura gets traded because we can't resign him after this season if we want to bring Panarin back and re-sign Schmaltz. Not unless you want to trade Saad or see if Panarin would be willing to sign despite trading away his Russian friend Anisimov.

Sikura is also absent from my lineup for the exact same reasons you’ve outlined in your post, not because I forgot he was on the team.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
I would not trade for Panarin .I would trade for Patches since Montreal is hand cuffed to do a trade .Forsling , one of our russian prospects 2nd 2019 pick and second 2020 pick .That is a fair trade .Keep our young dmen prospects.

Reactions: BrianE

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Murphy didn't impress many last year and we have a ton of young and talented RHD's that'll need spots in the next two years. He's expendable.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Saad - Toews - Shalunov
Panarin - Hayden - Kane
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Sikura

Roll some sick three lines.

Edit: fantasy summer boys.

Why do so many fans keep throwing Saad to first line????????
He is not a top 6 player, not anymore, especially if Hawks somehow get Panarin.

Saab should stay far away from top 6 this upcoming season.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why do so many fans keep throwing Saad to first line????????
He is not a top 6 player, not anymore, especially if Hawks somehow get Panarin.

Saab should stay far away from top 6 this upcoming season.
Do you base this idea of top 6 solely on points?

Because nothing else would consider him not deserving of top 6 he still controlled play well despite lack of finishing.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Earlier I posted about the only recent small guy playing with a top two-way center is Marchand with Bergeron.

This was in response to BK saying DeBrincat can go with Toews.

For fun I googled “DeBrincat Marchand” and stumbled across this article 2016 Draft Profiles: Little And Lethal

This is from a few years back, but even then this guy saw Cat as a future bulldog type player. I don’t know if we saw much of that gritty agitating play last year, but could that be coming as he gets older and more confident?

????? Other one is one of the most annoying egoist POS's in the league (albeit, super talented super pest),
the other is future 50 goal, 100 point super star, super nice guy with zero ego,
why in the hell anyone would think that these two players had even one thousand
of a drop of similarity between them ?????

No offence, because we are have our opinions after all.

...maybe i misunderstood your post

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Do you base this idea of top 6 solely on points?

Because nothing else would consider him not deserving of top 6 he still controlled play well despite lack of finishing.

He has lost some of his skating ability,foot speed - not that he has ever been a fast skater, more of a strong -
(maybe there's an injury we don't know about, what would need a surgical operation to fix)

Mentally, he was a total mess last season - that is not an easy problem to fix, as a matter of fact; really difficult task
(which obviously effects his game, i have no idea what his issues are)

---

What deserving a top 6 spot you talk about? - he has to show helllll of a lot more what he has mustered past 2 seasons
to deserve a top 6 role, maybe the potential to return to top 6 role is there but as of now....too big of a hole to dig out. - this is just my take of the man-

PS. this was said about him few years ago:

" A hard-working winger who protects the puck well. A strong skater with an excellent shot. Moves well and is a good finisher.
Plays hard and with a lot of strength. Reads the game well. (Matias Strozyk) "

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Saad isn't a fast skater and shouldn't be in a top 6 spot this season? Okay then.

Yes obviously.

Maybe a bad example because Beauchemin falls and the other D skates backwards, but Saad started basically standing.

One of my favourite goal ever.

migi

Feb 25, 2015

I like that lineup a lot but one but:

No need to trade Kahun after this year because he is still on ELC. Trade him after that and build his value.

If Sikura get's traded, it's basically a situation that he has been one of the best rookies in this year. He either does it all and gets a big raise or he'll sign like Hino did. Obviously in your lineup he doesn't have a spot and at this point, rightfully so.

I'm sorry that I brought up Shalunov because now everyone is posting him in their lineups. He is still under contract next year BUT hopefully he makes the jump already. If he doesnt, slot Sikura there and Kahun in to 4th line. He can do it and that 4th line would be so freaking good. Defensively responsible but their ability to attack...

GIVE ME HUGHES!!!

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
????? Other one is one of the most annoying egoist POS's in the league (albeit, super talented super pest),
the other is future 50 goal, 100 point super star, super nice guy with zero ego,
why in the hell anyone would think that these two players had even one thousand
of a drop of similarity between them ?????

No offence, because we are have our opinions after all.

...maybe i misunderstood your post

Ya, you must have. I never mentioned his ego or whether he’s a “super nice guy”, I’m not sure where you got that from.

I said this in the context of a small winger being able to hold his own on a top line that faces top forward competition, which is what Toews’ line does. Players need some toughness (not to be confused with dirty play) to play on the Toews line.

Marchand is a great example of someone who is small but successful in that role and provides great offense without getting pushed around and has grind and two-way ability.

I specially said the Marchand dirty asshole element is not what we want, but the other things Marchand does well on the ice help his team.

This has nothing to do with egoist vs super nice guy (odd to draw that comparison), it’s about a small guy either playing like his size or playing bigger than his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad