Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So...it is still a great deal now that we actually a signed Pacioretty? Don't get me wrong, I still love Suzuki...like with a whole lot of passion. But getting Tatar seemed to me like a reason got enough why they would deal Suzuki and the possibility to not be able to sign Pacioretty. A signed Pacioretty should have gotten you a little more, or so I think. Would have been neat to get Theodore while having to add to it...
Yes because who knows if any other team could match that. I'd rather take this great package instead of risking to lose him for nothing.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
i cant believe people are satisfied with this deal, we got a prospect who is likely to turn into a mccarron or DLR, a cap dump, and a second

this is another sideways move....the idea of trades is to try to improve your team

in.....domi, tatar, suzuki

out.....chucky, patches

sorry but i aint seeing any improvement at all here

Why do you think Suzuki will turn into a defensive 4th line centre? What is your reasoning for Suzuki's offensive abilities to mostly disappear as a pro and that he will suddenly develop his defensive capabilities?

Reactions: JohnLennon

Jul 6, 2016
Yes because who knows if any other team could match that. I'd rather take this great package instead of risking to lose him for nothing.

in a couple of days, some other teams GM will come up with a statement saying: "we thought had a better offer for Patches...."

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Very good return. Tatar will add a few goals and more depth with future C's. Max will put up 40 in VGK by being allowed to just snipe goals not being burdened with the C and the MTL media.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Reading RDS, Twitter and FB, I'm just discouraged by the supposed Habs fans who are pissed at the trade because they think it's a Pacioretty vs Tatar trade. My goodness. Mostly francophone fans (there, I said it), who thought it would have been possible to ice a more competitive team this season. On what planet to they live????

Last edited:

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Can't believe it finally happened. Not familiar with Suzuki but he's a center which is fantastic. Thankfully this looks like one of MB's better trades

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
How possible would it be to draft Hughes and Lafrenière in 2019 and 2020?

Lafrenière - Hughes - Suzuki
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Domi - Poehling - Scherbak

giphy.gif

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
You need to have players peaking at the same time to have a competitive team.

Keeping patches makes no sense in that regards. By the time the new wave of players is competitive, patches will be dead weight on a big contract.

then explain why we are keeping Price for 8 more years?

you can easily replace patches name in that sentence with Price

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I don't know too much about Suzuki, but it appears this is a good trade so kudos for Bergevin.

I don't like taking back another winger as there is already a logjam for wingers and I want the younger guys to be given a chance. Still I guess taking Tatar's salary is why we were able to get what we did. It's a shame we couldn't have gotten Vegas's 1st instead of their 2nd, I would have really pushed to get that extra 1st.

And although I doubt Pacioretty was willing to sign a 4 year 7m deal with us, I put that on the atmosphere Bergevin has created. And it's a shame because that's a solid deal for Vegas and would've been great for us if we were still a decent team.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
we are a team that is already starving for goals and this summer we got significantly weaker in that area,

i think its safe to say between patches and chucky they get 50 goals next season,

we have replaced them with domi, suzuki, and tatar who will be lucky to get 30 between all 3 of them

Jul 6, 2016
we are a team that is already starving for goals and this summer we got significantly weaker in that area,

i think its safe to say between patches and chucky they get 50 goals next season,

we have replaced them with domi, suzuki, and tatar who will be lucky to get 30 between all 3 of them

Suzuki will possibly still play at OHL level. Tatar can score 20-25. Domi between 15-20.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

TBH, who cares. This is not a team that is going to win something soon. Did you think they would rebuild instantly in a summer's time? Did you believe this team was close to being a playoff contender?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Reading RDS, Twitter and FB, I'm just discouraged by the supposed Habs fans who are pissed at the trade because they think it's a Pacioretty vs Tatar trade. My goodness. Mostly francophone fans (there, I said it), who thought it would have been possible to ice a more competitive team thia season. On what planet to they live????

I'm discouraged about most Habs fans thinking that Suzuki is a center.
See my point with this post below.

Can't believe it finally happened. Not familiar with Suzuki but he's a center which is fantastic. Thankfully this looks like one of MB's better trades

I don't know too much about Suzuki, but it appears this is a good trade so kudos for Bergevin.

I don't like taking back another winger as there is already a logjam for wingers and I want the younger guys to be given a chance. Still I guess taking Tatar's salary is why we were able to get what we did. It's a shame we couldn't have gotten Vegas's 1st instead of their 2nd, I would have really pushed to get that extra 1st.

And although I doubt Pacioretty was willing to sign a 4 year 7m deal with us, I put that on the atmosphere Bergevin has created. And it's a shame because that's a solid deal for Vegas and would've been great for us if we were still a decent team.

Trading a signed Pacioretty for 2 wingers and a magic beans is terrible to me.....and it's not because any of those things sucks. Again, we got rid of a player instead of going for what this team need,

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Reading RDS, Twitter and FB, I'm just discouraged by the supposed Habs fans who are pissed at the trade because they think it's a Pacioretty vs Tatar trade. My goodness. Mostly francophone fans (there, I said it), who thought it would have been possible to ice a more competitive team this season. On what planet to they live????

Even Marinaro is playing it dumb that way this morning

Reactions: dralaf

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
One thing I've learned through the Bergevin-era is that Montreal needs to get a tax expert on staff STAT. I'm not sure the stuff they're doing behind the scenes, but I know the Leafs for instance are very proactive managing tax burden and the seem to not do that at all.

That Max signed a deal like that with Vegas and wouldn't have come close here is down to management.

Reactions: Laurentide

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
then explain why we are keeping Price for 8 more years?

you can easily replace patches name in that sentence with Price

Are you high or something? Price has won a Vezina and a League MVP .. do you understand that?

What has Max pacioretty done? except score a couple goals with his best friend midget for a couple of sorry years and then disgustingly disappears in EVERY playoffs, at least Carey has a game 7 shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad