Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
what i meant is domi scored 5 goals on actual goalies in 82 games, 4 were empty netters....and now with us he is going to majicaly become a 15-20 goal scorer? :laugh:

he got 18 goals in 15-16. Majicaly can become magically.

Now With Pacioretty gone all ENG will be Domi's

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Tatar for me is another Parenteau or Hemsky (when healthy). The guys are weak on the boards, weak defensively, one-trick poneys.

Can Tatar at least be good in shootouts ?
We don't care about Tatar. At least, I don't.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The 2019 draft features a lot of quality center propects. There is no need to draft a winger in the first round unless he happens to be a clear BPA. Might as well draft a center since centers can play wing but usually not the other way around.

Yes obviously. I don’t mean disregard centres. But say Kakko establishes himself as the clear 2nd best prospect, they won’t feel inclined to pass on him for a centre. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: dralaf

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Tatar gonna take the spot of one of our young players on LW, and possibly play top-six between 16-17 minutes a game. You should care.
Well, the coach and the GM didn't seem to care too much about him. All they talked about was Suzuki.

Besides, which youngster should play LW this winter?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He was 52nd in faceoff attempts

Taking faceoffs and playing center are two very different thing.....Shaw took a whole lot of faceoffs without really playing center. But ask around, Suzuki is a clear top prospect, maybe he will end up at center but even at the Vegas rookie tournament last week, he mostly played wing.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Just remind this to yourself:

Hoffman netted the Sharks a 2nd, a 4th and a 5th.
Hoffman netted the Sens Boedker, Bergman and a 5th.
Skinner netted the Canes a 2nd and a 3rd.
Pacioretty, coming off a terrible season, netted us Nick Suzuki, a 2nd round pick and Tomas Tatar, who while not all that great, is just removed from netting a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick at TDD.

I hate Bergevin with passion and wanted Pacioretty gone, but anyone who was expecting any more than that for Pacioretty is out to lunch. There's no way we could have got much more.

FFS. People were asking for Robert Thomas or Kyrou from STL at last TDD. Blues fans wanted no part of that, and we ended up getting Suzuki, a better prospect than both, a 2nd and a serviceable guy like Tatar.

I just can't complain in the context of a rebuild.

I agree with most of your post but Suzuki is not a better prospect compared to Thomas.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Your opinion has no basis in the stats, how he plays or reality. He's still a plus defensive player and apart from his weak passing a pretty complete player. Of course he isn't as good as he was in his prime. He's almost 30. Doesn't mean he's not a really good player.

Also, the Rangers series was in 2014, which was 4 years ago, not six.

LOL! so THATS how bad Max played in that playoff series vs the rangers in 2017, that you, a Max fan, cant even REMEMBER it, wow.

I almost dont blame you...dude...it was THAT bad of a showing, let me tell you

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I think Suzuki is more of a centre than Drouin will ever be

And he has 2+ years more of junior experience as a center as well. Drouin only switched to C after his draft year (and briefly at that)

Regardless of where he plays, he projects as a legitimate top 6 skill guy and we aren't exactly overflowing with these type of......wait a second.

We actually are now...lol

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Taking faceoffs and playing center are two very different thing.....Shaw took a whole lot of faceoffs without really playing center. But ask around, Suzuki is a clear top prospect, maybe he will end up at center but even at the Vegas rookie tournament last week, he mostly played wing.
Right, but os fans claimed he played both wing and center. So he did play more than "barely".

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Good move from Bergevin. But there's plenty more to do this season, imo:

Must move around deadline: Byron, Benn, Reilly, Niemi, Plekanec

Try everything to move : Shaw, Alzner, Petry

Move if something good presents itself: Schlemko , Gallagher

The rest of the roster I'd move forward with for the time being.

Reactions: yianik and Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
MB did this move because he had no other choices, no better offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->