Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
How possible would it be to draft Hughes and Lafrenière in 2019 and 2020?

Lafrenière - Hughes - Suzuki
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Domi - Poehling - Scherbak

giphy.gif

Keep dreaming !

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I'm discouraged about most Habs fans thinking that Suzuki is a center.
See my point with this post below.

Trading a signed Pacioretty for 2 wingers and a magic beans is terrible to me.....and it's not because any of those things sucks. Again, we got rid of a player instead of going for what this team need,

Did I say that he was going to be a center? Don't tell me that you were one of those fans who truly believed this organisation was going to rise up from the ashes of mediocrity in one summer?

I'm all for Bergerien leaving. And he will leave. But this trade is not about getting Tatar. It's about getting a very talented prospect. And Habs just got that.

Better not pray for better results in the next 2-3 seasons. You will be disappointed. This organisation is going to fall farther down before rising again.

Reactions: dralaf

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Are you high or something? Price has won a Vezina and a League MVP .. do you understand that?

What has Max pacioretty done? except score a couple goals with his best friend midget for a couple of sorry years

He's one of the top goal scorers in the NHL over the past 6 years and is one of the best era-adjusted goal scorers in Canadiens history.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Trading a signed Pacioretty for 2 wingers and a magic beans is terrible to me.....and it's not because any of those things sucks. Again, we got rid of a player instead of going for what this team need,

Bergevin painted himself into a corner with Max which was terrible management, but I'm not sure how getting a top prospect and a 2nd is not what we need. That's exactly what we need since we basically have to rebuild.

And really what was better option?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
TBH, who cares. This is not a team that is going to win something soon. Did you think they would rebuild instantly in a summer's time? Did you believe this team was close to being a playoff contender?
Dont waste your time, he's out of his element that poster

people thought we were going to get a 25 year old 40 goal scorer for Max, its hilarious

Reactions: dralaf

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

people thought we were going to get a 25 year old 40 goal scorer for Max, its hilarious

Redux91, I do respect all posters here, though. It's their opinion. Just like mine. So I have no problem with that. All I want is to understand the mindset of the regular Joes I read on RDS and Facebook, who want this team to become a winner instantly.

If this trade is not a proof of a rebuild, then I don't know what people need...I guess Weber.

And maybe that's why Molson can't talk about a rebuild : Montreal fans are like religious fanatics, who would just go jump off the bridge if they'd learned that ETs existed. Montreal fans would go nuts and stop buying tickets if they knew that the R word is what they are doing in reality. From what I'm reading today, I can see why.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's one of the top goal scorers in the NHL over the past 6 years and is one of the best era-adjusted goal scorers in Canadiens history.
Hey thats great, and it was fun, and its alllll in the past.

Max died vs the Rangers in the playoffs , a complete and total no show, ....and he was our CAPTAIN for christ sakes, wow.
I understand you were a big fan of is, there was definitely a time i was a big fan of his too, but that was 6 years ago when the possibilities were endless for this team and a new GM and a young core

we are 6 years later, the GM has crash and burned the franchise... but he at least didnt hurt the franchise further by anchoring a lazy one dimensional player turning 30 for 4-5-6-7 more years

Reactions: Paddyjack

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Redux91, I do respect all posters here, though. It's their opinion. Just like mine. So I have no problem with that. All I want is to understand the mindset of the regular Joes I read on RDS and Facebook, who want this team to become a winner instantly.

If this trade is not a proof of a rebuild, then I don't know what people need...I guess Weber. THEN, they will see the light.

And maybe that's why Molson can't talk about a rebuild : Montreal fans are like religious fanatics, who would just go jump off the bridge if they'd learned that ETs existed. Montreal fans would go nuts and stop buying tickets if they knew that the R word is what they are doing in reality. From what I'm reading today, I can see why.

Of course we're rebuilding, youd have to be one of these people you are talking about not to see that weve been rebuilding since the season ended, and i completely agree, of course they cant SAY we're rebuilding, ..you just unfortunately cant say it in montreal, as embarassing as that is, its just the way it is like you said, Toronto was able to pull off the feat because shanahan gives no f***s, but the cowards bergevin and molson, they will "pretend" allllllll day everyday that we are contending for the playoffs

But everyone knows, well anyone with half a brain knows, that we are rebuilding for the Future, and Max had to go and bring future assets back, and it was done, rejoice.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I'm discouraged about most Habs fans thinking that Suzuki is a center.
See my point with this post below.

Bergevin could have gotten more at last year's deadline but this Suzuki kid looks really promising. We weren't going to get an established number 1 center in return for Pacioretty. According to all the hockey prospects sites this kid is listed as a center what makes you think he's a winger? If he is a winger then sure it's a bad trade.

Jul 6, 2016

But I'd rather have a REAL young prospect centerman like Borgstrom or Chytil or Thomas or Villardi. Suzuki might be just another winger (small) à la Drouin.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One position at a time. I would think the 2019 draft will be about top wingers and defencemen.

The 2019 draft features a lot of quality center propects. There is no need to draft a winger in the first round unless he happens to be a clear BPA. Might as well draft a center since centers can play wing but usually not the other way around.

Reactions: groovejuice

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Did I say that he was going to be a center? Don't tell me that you were one of those fans who truly believed this organisation was going to rise up from the ashes of mediocrity in one summer?

I'm all for Bergerien leaving. And he will leave. But this trade is not about getting Tatar. It's about getting a very talented prospect. And Habs just got that.

Better not pray for better results in the next 2-3 seasons. You will be disappointed. This organisation is going to fall farther down before rising again.

They got a good prospect that will most likely end up on the wing.
We have wingers, we have too much wingers. We need centers and PMD.
Suzuki might be a great prospect, so f***ing trade him right now to get a real center prospect or PMD instead.

This team will continue to fall mainly cause they don't get the pieces they need, they get rid of players and that's not how you build a team. That's not about getting picks and good prospect, it's all about getting the right pieces we need.

Galchenyuk, Subban, Eller, Pacioretty and many many more trade were just about getting rid of players, not going after what this team need.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
But I'd rather have a REAL young prospect centerman like Borgstrom or Chytil or Thomas or Villardi. Suzuki might be just another winger (small) à la Drouin.
Fair, BUT he remains a top and highly touted prospect nonetheless, of course we WANTEd a better one but we got what we got, and the reasons for that could VERY well be because our bumbling GM unfathomably waited until SEPTEMBER 9TH to get this done, damaging a lot of pacioretty's value

But its clear, if you go look at the other trades this summer, our return is PRETTY damn good just as well

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
From Francois Legault Facebook account

Bon échange du Canadien.
Comme pour le Québec, ça prend du changement!
Mieux vaut Tatar que jamais...

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Just remind this to yourself:

Hoffman netted the Sharks a 2nd, a 4th and a 5th.
Hoffman netted the Sens Boedker, Bergman and a 5th.
Skinner netted the Canes a 2nd and a 3rd.
Pacioretty, coming off a terrible season, netted us Nick Suzuki, a 2nd round pick and Tomas Tatar, who while not all that great, is just removed from netting a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick at TDD.

I hate Bergevin with passion and wanted Pacioretty gone, but anyone who was expecting any more than that for Pacioretty is out to lunch. There's no way we could have got much more.

FFS. People were asking for Robert Thomas or Kyrou from STL at last TDD. Blues fans wanted no part of that, and we ended up getting Suzuki, a better prospect than both, a 2nd and a serviceable guy like Tatar.

I just can't complain in the context of a rebuild.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Of course we're rebuilding, youd have to be one of these people you are talking about not to see that weve been rebuilding since the season ended, and i completely agree, of course they cant SAY we're rebuilding, ..you just unfortunately cant say it in montreal, as embarassing as that is, its just the way it is like you said, Toronto was able to pull off the feat because shanahan gives no ****s, but the cowards bergevin and molson, they will "pretend" allllllll day everyday that we are contending for the playoffs

But everyone knows, well anyone with half a brain knows, that we are rebuilding for the Future, and Max had to go and bring future assets back, and it was done, rejoice.

I feel pity for this organisation, really. They have to deal with a cult following that doesn't know anything about building a winning organisation.

I'm not a fan of Marc 'Chest-Bras' Bergevin (did you guys see him today? I mean, talk about being juiced up...He looked like Lou Ferrigno in his Hulk days, for crying out loud), and not a fan of how Geoff is running this ship (I've already wrote about it), but this organisation has been cursed by a history that won't allow this team to rebuild its hockey foundations.

Now, next summer, get rid of Weber and Chest-Bras, and continue to build through the draft. This organisation will be exciting yet again come 2020.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->