Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Tatar will be lucky to hit 20.....and you do realize domi scored 5 goals last year right?.......15-20??.......LOL

How come? He scored 20 in each of the last few seasons with less-than-stellar Red Wings teams, to say the least.

As for Domi, he scored 9 with a strong ending to his season. We're going to be terrible but you're pushing it in a lot of ways.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Did Bergevin just do well in a trade?
giphy.gif

He's done well in the past trades with rank and file players, just not with his high end ones. His contract signings seem to favour his middle to low range players, with frequent hardballing of his stars.

We know where his priorities lie. Character trumps skill.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
They got a good prospect that will most likely end up on the wing.
We have wingers, we have too much wingers. We need centers and PMD.
Suzuki might be a great prospect, so ****ing trade him right now to get a real center prospect or PMD instead.

This team will continue to fall mainly cause they don't get the pieces they need, they get rid of players and that's not how you build a team. That's not about getting picks and good prospect, it's all about getting the right pieces we need.

Galchenyuk, Subban, Eller, Pacioretty and many many more trade were just about getting rid of players, not going after what this team need.

I know, and it's all on Chest-Bras. But it's done now. Time to rebuild. Not so sure Suzuki won't be a centre. Even though McCagg seems to know that he won't (plugged in as he is with Timmins). Only because the day this kid reaches the NHL, Chest-Bras won't be there anymore.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Only bad thing about this trade is it's so good it might keep Bergevin from getting fired sooner rather than later.

Gotta hope Galchenyuk lights it up, and if possible as a C. That and Molson somehow takes his head out of his rear end.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
As for Domi, he scored 9 with a strong ending to his season. We're going to be terrible but you're pushing it in a lot of ways.

what i meant is domi scored 5 goals on actual goalies in 82 games, 4 were empty netters....and now with us he is going to majicaly become a 15-20 goal scorer? :laugh:

Reactions: 26Mats

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
And maybe that's why Molson can't talk about a rebuild : Montreal fans are like religious fanatics, who would just go jump off the bridge if they'd learned that ETs existed. Montreal fans would go nuts and stop buying tickets if they knew that the R word is what they are doing in reality. From what I'm reading today, I can see why.

They are already not buying tickets.

Personally I think they would be better off coming clean and actually talk about rebuilding. Don't forget when Bergevin was first hired he talked about rebuilding through the draft and sucking for potentially several years.

The only reason they don't want to use the term now is because it acknowledges Bergevin's poor performance to date.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I hope they trade Weber now, I don't see the point to hold on to him, we aren't going to be a competitive team for the next couple of years, and his value is diminishing every year.

what exactly do you expect for him now?

he is going to have to come back and prove he can at least play the rest of the season without injury

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
what i meant is domi scored 5 goals on actual goalies in 82 games, 4 were empty netters....and now with us he is going to majicaly become a 15-20 goal scorer? :laugh:

From his numbers last year, he clearly seems like a play maker. I'd like to see him play with Gallagher, our only real goal scorer now that Pacioretty and Galchenyuk are gone. Scherbak, another playmaker, can play with Tatar.

Another good thing about this trade and the Galchenyuk trade: both clearly made us weaker this year, no matter what happens in the future. That should be really good for the tank.

Reactions: habsgirl5000

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Bergevin painted himself into a corner with Max which was terrible management, but I'm not sure how getting a top prospect and a 2nd is not what we need. That's exactly what we need since we basically have to rebuild.

And really what was better option?

The 2nd round pick have a 5% chances to ever play in the NHL.
I'm all for a top prospect, just not a winger cause that's not what we need.
If he would have got a Vilardi, Thomas (even then), Borsgstrom, Strome and i'm all for it and i'm applauding the move.
Not a guy who barely played center in the last 2 years and is another winger.

Dont waste your time, he's out of his element that poster

people thought we were going to get a 25 year old 40 goal scorer for Max, its hilarious

????No, i never even thought that....not even close.
Bergevin just traded Subban, Galchenyuk and Pacioretty without getting a freaking Center or a PMD for that matters.

Maybe you are one of those drooling over Kotkaniemi and Poehling and thinking the problem is already fixed while it's not even close of being fix.

Bergevin could have gotten more at last year's deadline but this Suzuki kid looks really promising. We weren't going to get an established number 1 center in return for Pacioretty. According to all the hockey prospects sites this kid is listed as a center what makes you think he's a winger? If he is a winger then sure it's a bad trade.

Like i said, i never expected to get an established player to begin with but at least one that have the potential to fix one of our giant holes. Now forget it, those holes are there to stay for a very very long time. Bergevin just traded his 2 last bargaining chips and we got 3 wingers in return. The big picture is ugly.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
They are already not buying tickets.

Personally I think they would be better off coming clean and actually talk about rebuilding. Don't forget when Bergevin was first hired he talked about rebuilding through the draft and sucking for potentially several years.

The only reason they don't want to use the term now is because it acknowledges Bergevin's poor performance to date.

Still 17,000 season tickets sold. The extra 4,000 will be sold for the Premium games. But there will be a lot of no-shows. Just like last season.

I did think that too. Until I read and heard all the comments today. My goodness, this fanbase is worse than the Bible Belt fanatics.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I like this trade for the Habs because the Habs are not in a position where the difference between Tatar and Pacioretty matters much to them, and they add 2 more years of contract and security, and Suzuki and the 2nd. As long as they get adequate production from Tatar this is a good trade for the Habs.

The trade makes a lot of sense for Vegas because they wanted an upgrade on Tatar and the salaries balance out more or less for this season. Pacioretty is a good player and if Vegas can continue to compete for the duration of his extension then Pacioretty will be very helpful. Fans soured on him in Montreal but I always felt like he got a bad rap from fans for the wrong reasons. His production was always really good. He never blew it up in the playoffs but he always played well. He's a legit first-line player.​

Reactions: Victorius

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Cody Glass and Shea Theodore would had solved lots of Habs problems....

Even Hayden Fleury, Nicolas Roy + a 2nd rounder would had been better.

Never would have been possible, I'm pretty sure. Suzuki is a solid prospect.

I suspect Shea will be next (at trade deadline or next summer). And it will be for some defensive prospects.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Suzuki is a high skilled player with speed issues who won't ever have the same impact Patch had. He'll be a good Top 6 or 9 player but funny enough him playing C has been up for debate by Vegas coaching and management. Seems they were going to use him as a winger and if he stays a C his ceiling, by all accounts, is a 2nd line C.

Everyone applauding Bergevin remember the context; the man devalued his asset for over a year, tried trading him (making it public pretty much since last december) and only gets a Good not Great prospect, a cap dump and a 2nd. You all think it's looking alright because of all the UNNECESSARY poopslinging coming from the Habs organization for the last 4 months in particular. Can't believe this team is nearly as much of a ****show as the Sens.

Comparables:

E.Kane only got a guaranteed 2nd which became a 1st after signing (which was apparently a key part of Pacioretty being traded to Vegas) but E.Kane was traded at the deadline of his UFA year, had real team issues and was never even close to being as consistent as Patch. Not to mention the bumbling idiot Bergevin COULD'VE GOTTEN A FIRST LAST YEAR.

Skinner: Serious concussion issues and once again, not even close to being as consistent as Max. There's no comparison IMO.

Everyone is applauding this because it's not as bad as they expected.

Jul 6, 2016
Tatar for me is another Parenteau or Hemsky (when healthy). The guys are weak on the boards, weak defensively, one-trick poneys.

Can Tatar at least be good in shootouts ?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
we are a team that is already starving for goals and this summer we got significantly weaker in that area,

i think its safe to say between patches and chucky they get 50 goals next season,

we have replaced them with domi, suzuki, and tatar who will be lucky to get 30 between all 3 of them

In two years we would have Patches and Chucky both having walked and we'd have them scoring a grand total of zero goals for us.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Hey thats great, and it was fun, and its alllll in the past.

Max died vs the Rangers in the playoffs , a complete and total no show, ....and he was our CAPTAIN for christ sakes, wow.
I understand you were a big fan of is, there was definitely a time i was a big fan of his too, but that was 6 years ago when the possibilities were endless for this team and a new GM and a young core

we are 6 years later, the GM has crash and burned the franchise... but he at least didnt hurt the franchise further by anchoring a lazy one dimensional player turning 30 for 4-5-6-7 more years

Your opinion has no basis in the stats, how he plays or reality. He's still a plus defensive player and apart from his weak passing a pretty complete player. Of course he isn't as good as he was in his prime. He's almost 30. Doesn't mean he's not a really good player.

Also, the Rangers series was in 2014, which was 4 years ago, not six.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I have a hard time believing that figure, especially since Walsh himself was on twitter last year and said that the taxes issues doesn't cause that large a discrepancy.

If you look at it purely on tax, it makes sense. But there's way to circumvent these things for sure. But if it wasn't $9.8M, I bet it would still be around 7.5-8M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad