Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Pretty nice contract for both parties easily tradable in final years for assets if Vegas is no longer a contender.

Figured Patches would want more job security but seeing what some FA gets at older ages it seems like he is willing to bet on himself gotta respect that.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
It's been shown many times that there are plenty of ways around paying high taxes and so the end result between cities isn't that much.
Disagree heavily here, if you saw the chart of Team cities and the taxes lol..montreal is dead last.. and Vegas is up there and again, just went to the cup finals

see now youre making me do what i was just sighing about lol, im gonna have to reply to people like you for the next couple hours now

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
i cant believe people are satisfied with this deal, we got a prospect who is likely to turn into a mccarron or DLR, a cap dump, and a second

this is another sideways move....the idea of trades is to try to improve your team

in.....domi, tatar, suzuki

out.....chucky, patches

sorry but i aint seeing any improvement at all here

Reactions: Habs178

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
7m/year is a pretty good deal for Vegas.

I did not want patches re-signed long term at 7M+....

But 4 years at 7M is pretty good for Vegas.

Factor in playing with Statsny & for Gallant, and likely some relief/ego boost from getting away from our shitshow organization, and I'm willing to bet it looks like a great deal for Vegas by the end of this season...

Healthy, could easily see him hit 40 goals in that situation

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
7m ahhahahahahah
ahahahahhahaha
ahahahahhahahahahahaha

7m for an unidimensional player whos invisible during playoffs

god awful.

In a world where Ryan, E.Kane, Stepan, Kesler, Backes, Lucic, Eriksson, Saad, Marleau, Okposo, Dubinsky, Callahan, Brown make in the +/- 6M$.. 7M$ for a 30+ goals scorer is pretty fair.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
i cant believe people are satisfied with this deal, we got a prospect who is likely to turn into a mccarron or DLR, a cap dump, and a second

this is another sideways move....the idea of trades is to try to improve your team

out.....chucky, patches

Surely, you're not equating the smallish Suzuki to the Giant McCarron!

Jul 6, 2016
This deal is not exciting... but the situation as a whole was not either. What a depressing off season that was.

Reactions: Miller Time

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So...it is still a great deal now that we actually a signed Pacioretty? Don't get me wrong, I still love Suzuki...like with a whole lot of passion. But getting Tatar seemed to me like a reason got enough why they would deal Suzuki and the possibility to not be able to sign Pacioretty. A signed Pacioretty should have gotten you a little more, or so I think. Would have been neat to get Theodore while having to add to it...

Jul 6, 2016
So...it is still a great deal now that we actually a signed Pacioretty? Don't get me wrong, I still love Suzuki...like with a whole lot of passion. But getting Tatar seemed to me like a reason got enough why they would deal Suzuki and the possibility to not be able to sign Pacioretty. A signed Pacioretty should have gotten you a little more, or so I think. Would have been neat to get Theodore while having to add to it...

Yea. Absolutely.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Disagree heavily here, if you saw the chart of Team cities and the taxes lol..montreal is dead last.. and Vegas is up there and again, just went to the cup finals

see now youre making me do what i was just sighing about lol, im gonna have to reply to people like you for the next couple hours now

I've seen the chart, it's simplistic at best as there are tons of ways around paying that amount in taxes

Why taxes shouldn’t prevent John Tavares or any free agent...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

out.....chucky, patches

Patches is a free agent next year and he would not have re-signed in Montreal.. Montral are clearly not contending this year. Keeping him and letting him walk at the end of the year would have been an epic failure.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Its been debunked so many times yet sooo many people still try to use it an excuse thanks I was just looking for that article after reading it.

I've been saying for years that you can't use a basic tax formula for professional athletes. There are always incentives and loopholes for millionaires and more dedicated specifically for athletes.

Reactions: Peanut and CH25

mirasane

Apr 5, 2006
7m ahhahahahahah
ahahahahhahaha
ahahahahhahahahahahaha
7m for an unidimensional player whos invisible during playoffs

Are you serious?

Last 3 playoff series of Habs were 2017, 2015 and 2014

Pacioretty in Playoffs:
- 2017: 6GP, 0+1=1p
- 2015: 11GP, 5+2=7p (second in points behind Subban's 8p, best goalscorer ahead of Gallagher (3 goals) and Weise + Gilbert (2 goald)
- 2014: 17GP, 5+6=11p (third in points behind Subban and Eller, second in goals behind Bourque)

So during last 5 seasons he has one bad playoff series and two ok ones.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018

out.....chucky, patches

You need to have players peaking at the same time to have a competitive team.

Keeping patches makes no sense in that regards. By the time the new wave of players is competitive, patches will be dead weight on a big contract.

And are you comparing a guy with 96 and 100 pts in the OHL to someone who managed 34 and 41 points?

Reactions: JohnLennon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino