Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
disingenuous? i don't think that's a fair assessment.

Green was perhaps below his prime, but no slouch.
Dekeyser had a breakout year in Tatar's best season.
Kronwall, in his prime, was also a solid puck mover and offensive contributor (coinciding with Tatar's first few seasons).

But they were nothing close to Subban and Markov.

That's like saying, well Pac did have Cammy, Gionta, Cole and Radulov as linemates. Sure, they are no Zetts or Dats, but it's the same for the Ds you mentioned, there are no Markov or Subban on those teams Tatar had.

I didn't mean any disrepect btw

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
But they were nothing close to Subban and Markov.

That's like saying, well Pac did have Cammy, Gionta, Cole and Radulov as linemates. Sure, they are no Zetts or Dats, but it's the same for the Ds you mentioned, there are no Markov or Subban on those teams Tatar had.

I didn't mean any disrepect btw

i get what your saying...

personally, I think having Green/Dekeyser/Kronwall on teh back end while playing with the likes of Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Larkin/Nyquist is far better, as far as putting up stats goes, than having PK/Markov and then the motley crew of C's/W's that Patches succeeded with (Radulov, followed by a pretty thin bunch).

then again, Patches game and approach certainly was well suited to playing with dmen with PK & Markov's unique ability... too bad that MB was too incompetent too realize that.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
With Tatar being part of the return, we still have a huge glut of wingers. Drouin, Gallagher, Domi, Tatar, Byron, Hudon, Lehks, Shaw, Armia, Scherbak and Deslauriers are all wingers. Drouin may be forced back over to center but that is still way too many wingers. I think it is critical that Hudon, Lehks and Scherbak all get consistent playing time. Who ends up sitting?

Kinda resolves itself with Shaw/Byron injured + lot of the guys being injury prone. Drouin probably continues as C as there is no one else.

Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Drouin - Armia
Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - DLR/Peca - Scherbak

Guessing Scherbak probably sits based on Montreal being Montreal.

Jul 6, 2016
I would had preferred Cody Glass + 2nd than Suzuki-Tatar-2nd.

I guess that's the value of an unsigned 30 yo RFA who's just got his worst seasons in years. Patches will score 40 with Karlsson and Smith.

Who's gonna score goals for the Habs this season ? Carey Price ?

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Suzuki really is just a tremendous all around hockey player. The only real knock on him is he isn't the biggest guy in the world, but he's not a smurf either.
Brayden Point is only 5'10 he's done alright size is not that important same as skating not everyone can skate like McDavid a player like Gallagher not the best skater but he gets the job done.

Jul 6, 2016
Kinda resolves itself with Shaw/Byron injured + lot of the guys being injury prone. Drouin probably continues as C as there is no one else.

Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Drouin - Armia
Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - DLR/Peca - Scherbak

Guessing Scherbak probably sits based on Montreal being Montreal.

7 forwards 5'11 and less... Good luck !

InAG-P

Jun 19, 2003
T.O.
Visit site

I guess that's the value of an unsigned 30 yo RFA who's just got his worst seasons in years. Patches will score 40 with Karlsson and Smith.

Let's not kid ourselves - Vegas wanted to get rid of Tatar. His short tenure in LV did not go over well. You got the 2nd AND Suzuki *because* you were willin got take Tatar too IMO.

Jul 6, 2016
Vegas wasn't going to give up Glass for Karlsson, why would they do it for Pacioretty?

Of course, they would not. It is just my wish. I don't see how the Habs are better now than yesterday.

Patches, Galchenyuk, Radulov, Markov, Sergachev, Eller, Subban..... Good demolition job MB !

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
4yrs 28M deal for Pacioretty in Vegas...

About where I thought he'd sign, term is shorter than I thought though.

Year 1: 10.5M
Year 2: 7M
Year 3: 5.25M
Year 4: 5.25M

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

3 things

-They were never giving anybody Cody Glass.

-If you havent caught on yet ... we arent trying to score goals next year ...strategically..

- Max was supposed to score 40 with Drouin, if you think max scores 40 with karlsson and smith lol i dont know what to tell you

Jul 6, 2016
Let's not kid ourselves - Vegas wanted to get rid of Tatar. His short tenure in LV did not go over well. You got the 2nd AND Suzuki *because* you were willin got take Tatar too IMO.

That 2nd pick will be a late 2nd rounder....

Jul 6, 2016
3 things

-They were never giving anybody Cody Glass.

-If you havent caught on yet ... we arent trying to score goals next year ...strategically..

- Max was supposed to score 40 with Drouin, if you think max scores 40 with karlsson and smith lol i dont know what to tell you

Way easier to score 40 goals in Vegas with a team filled with hardworking players and a great coach than in MTL with that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad