Speculation: Ownership Saga: Coyote's Renaissance (Read Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
“No decision could be a decision†- Bill Daly

Pretty simple. To not make a decision leads the NHL to make a decision. By them not making a choice it could force the NHL to make a choice.

I'm not saying that is what going to happen, but that is likely what he meant by the way he worded it. With no context to go along with your quote, I'd say it actually sounds like somewhat of a threat.

EDIT: Then again, he could simply be saying that they may decide they need more time which is a decision that doesn't actually require to make a, well, decision.

I guess it isn't "pretty simple". :scared:

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
I expect RSE will present its "best and final" offer today to the CoG. Tomorrow, the CoG will need to decide whether that best and final offer is good enough. Assuming it is, the dealpoints will be release either Thursday or Friday evening, and the matter will be set for vote on July 2nd.

I personally see them reaching a deal at this point (the repayment option given by the NHL is likely pretty attractive to the CoG), but I am not willing to predict anything when it comes to the NHL and the CoG.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I expect RSE will present its "best and final" offer today to the CoG. Tomorrow, the CoG will need to decide whether that best and final offer is good enough. Assuming it is, the dealpoints will be release either Thursday or Friday evening, and the matter will be set for vote on July 2nd.

I personally see them reaching a deal at this point (the repayment option given by the NHL is likely pretty attractive to the CoG), but I am not willing to predict anything when it comes to the NHL and the CoG.

Thanks for all your insightful analyses throughout this saga goyotes! Don't know where my sanity would be without them. :)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Easily the scariest article in the last three years.

It really does appear that one resolution or another is less than a week away. Maybe the first time ever we can't use a two weeks joke?

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
Well, looks like the last days are upon us once again.

This deal will not pass. it has at the most, 3 supporters on the CoG. I know there are always surprises but I don't think the surpises ahead will lead to the team staying.

I will always have fond memories:
Kolanos scoring on Roy on a penalty shot
Tkachuk and Roenick working their magic
The deep run into the playoffs

but most of all, I will have the memories of taking my boys to the arena to teach them the game I love the most. To cheer on the team in the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. Being a fan of the Coyotes hasn't been fun most times, but at least I can say I had the opportunity.

I'm off of these boards now. Good luck guys. It's been fun.

:coyotes

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
So the deal was off and then something happened to make one last push. Now we have several questions:

Will a vote happen?
Will the points be published?
Will Kaites get his deal?
Will Hulsizer help out?
Will Maloney be fired?
Will Westgate survive?

My only question not direcly related to this article is if anyone on this council doesnt have a prior relationship with one of the Management companies. Kaites loves Weiers, LeBlanc seems to be dealing with Knaack and Sherwood, the Phoenix Monarch Group had a previous relationship with Chavira and meets with Alvarez on a regular basis. Martinez will probably go with a deal if its reasonable and Hugh is a wildcard.....this is crazy.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
"The only difference between the [Phoenix] Coyotes and Days of Our Lives is that nobody has been shot on our team yet."

- Jeremy Roenick, professional hockey player

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Okay, that article is pretty scary. And WTF with Hulsizer willing to invest but only if he can boot out Maloney?!? No effing way. Would rather see this team relocated to Seattle with hands-off, deep pocketed owners than having a poseur like Hulsizer run this team into the ground.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
December 6, 2010:

He also said that he would bring in a new team president to manage things but that GM Don Maloney and Head Coach Dave Tippett would remain in place. Hulsizer said "It will be somebody with experience, somebody you will look at and say, 'Yeah, I get it, this is a person that is an A player.

http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2010/...eets-board-of-governors-says-the-right-things

Times are a changing. Good new Don and Mike, this mess is over. To congratulate you, we are giving you an unpaid permanent vacation. I hear the Men's Warehouse is hiring.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Council members were not made fully aware which Coyotes-related revenue was included in various drafts budgets. Depending on which assumptions were made, more money might be available, Sherwood said.

Projected game-day revenue from sales inside the arena were stripped from the city’s five-year budget projections after the previous proposed Coyotes sale fall apart in January, Sherwood said. Yet, game-day revenue from other Westgate businesses remained in the projections.

“That was a revelation to me today,” he said.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...0625glendale-unsure-phoenix-coyotes-deal.html

The lack of proper assumptions and calculations would drive anyone mad. At this point, this incompetence has to be on purpose.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
http://www.azcentral.com/community/...0625glendale-unsure-phoenix-coyotes-deal.html

The lack of proper assumptions and calculations would drive anyone mad. At this point, this incompetence has to be on purpose.

Seems the budget was slanted in favor of No-Coyotes. Wonder if the mayor had anything to do with that?

Westgate revenue will continue even though there is no "game" on game day. But look, we don't get that much revenue from the arena operations on game day, so we don't need the bums. I tend to believe this was purposefully slanted by the city staff. I wonder who planted that seed?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I had just about let a little hope creep in. So obviously this is my fault. Apologies gents, I will go immediately back to cynicism so that this swings back in our favor. I will never understand why, but the universe NEEDS me to be wrong. Always.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So, now how many of you are willing to bargain for a few more years of Coyotes hockey if it means Hulsizer is running it as his personal toy? **** that.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
And so it begins...the beginning of the end.

Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz
#Glendale Councilman Gary Sherwood told me negotiations with #Renaissance about #Coyotes are complete. #Renaissance won't move any more.

#Glendale Councilman Sherwood and Vice Mayor Yvonne Knaack have called for a public vote Tuesday on #Coyotes deal.

#Glendale's Sherwood and Knaack want the #Renaissance contract posted on the city's website today.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Seems like Knaack and Sherwood want the rest of the gang to be accountable for this thing going south. Force it to a vote, so they have a nay on record. No claiming you did the best you could. They don't have the yays to pass this, even if it survives public scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad