Speculation: Ownership Saga: Coyote's Renaissance (Read Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
There are a lot of nice people out there (in recent history) that you have just insulted and called clowns.
The analogy I referred to was in 1970 and I turned a $1000 investment into $22,000 in 2 years.
What will you call RSE if they end up owning the team, still clowns?
Is it even remotely possible that they can turn things around (like the economy has)?

Nice people can be clowns, in fact clowns are normally niice.... no?

I was certain that you had purchased long before the "carrot of stupidity" that I mentioned was ever even considered to be dangled in front of said clowns - clowns that have a bandwagon understanding of economics.

I will call RSE clowns until proven wrong (and I hope they do prove me wrong), but just owning the team proves nothing.

God bless their pointed heads and may they turn this debacle into the shinning gem of this beautiful desert that it should be!

:)

knowsthegame

Mar 18, 2008
Tale of 2 NHL cities
Nice people can be clowns, in fact clowns are normally niice.... no?

I was certain that you had purchased long before the "carrot of stupidity" that I mentioned was ever even considered to be dangled in front of said clowns - clowns that have a bandwagon understanding of economics.

I will call RSE clowns until proven wrong (and I hope they do prove me wrong), but just owning the team proves nothing.

God bless their pointed heads and may they turn this debacle into the shinning gem of this beautiful desert that it should be!

:)
Your use of the word "clown" is in a derogatory sense. I understand you attempt to downplay that.

I agree with your last sentence although I was not aware of the pointed heads.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Only trouble is - These guys have no money. How they gonna raise payroll when they're begging & borrowing to get the team in the first place?

I guess the question becomes: Is the "sweetheart deal" a tactic, or necessity?

How do you know they have no money?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You can't tell me that you were in on ellman's, moyes' and gretzky's "shinadigans" from the beginning. Thats just foolish if you say otherwise! I'm sure you were just excited to have the team stay.

People here need to chilax! Nobody has any idea of what is going on in these meeting. Stop pretending like you do!

You Sir, are 100% correct.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would wager that the NHL games in Europe are not quite the money makers you seem to think they are, but rather a way to grow the brand.... similar to the Yotes.

As for the home buying analogy, I'd say those that purchased with zero down, with a lopsided ARM (think recent history) were clowns.

For my part I think these guys are clowns in the first degree.... clowns with no capital, who haven't been able to make a go of this thing yet.

If you have 100k in the bank, and want to buy a car, say worth 40k, and you can buy it with no money down, zero interest over 72 months. Are you a clown if you don't use your own money? RSE have forgotten more about financing than most of us know, and that includes COG CLOWNS!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

The first time around, the Ice Edge boys didn't have the financial stones to complete the deal.

If you have 100k in the bank, and want to buy a car, say worth 40k, and you can buy it with no money down, zero interest over 72 months. Are you a clown if you don't use your own money? RSE have forgotten more about financing than most of us know, and that includes COG CLOWNS!

At zero interest? No. But we aren't talking about zero interest here. We're talking about a borderline predatory loan from a hedge fund well known for not being kind. RSE wants to walk into a situation that takes a tremendous amount of working capital without having any. They're going to take on a ton of debt, on top of not having the working capital necessary to float the situation. The NHL will lend them working capital to pay expenses so long as the city covers the spread. Realize that there is nothing stopping the league from simply selling at $45m and making this whole city of Glendale crap a non issue. But the league wants the optics of selling the team somewhere north of $150m, even if it is a sham.

The league cares about the CoG and the Phoenix market right up until the point where they might take a loss on the deal. It's evident in the way the deal is structured, and has always been structured over the years. They refuse to take a loss, even though they should. The moment the city puts them in a position to take a loss is the moment they move the team.

RSE are a bunch of clowns, only hanging around because they can get a sports franchise for dirt cheap, risk free. They are only willing to sign on the dotted line if they can get somewhere near $15m guaranteed from the city. Why are you guys cheering them on? Bunch of bums is what they are. That they know how to finance things is exactly why they are only in the deal with minimal skin and maximum upside. RSE wasn't interested when a deal required more equity and that's very telling. Reinsdorf was going to put in roughly twice as much of his own cash, as a reminder. They're 30k millionaires who want to sit at the big boy table. The NHL has a long history of questionable owners, and they somehow manage to look worse than all of them, including some criminals.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
XX, your input helps me keep my sanity. Thank you.

Sigh...

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Anyone else getting tired of arguing over speculation? It'd be one thing if anyone actually knew anything but no one does, not even those who think they do. It's all speculation at this point, I just wish we could at least get some hard evidence to argue over.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Anyone else getting tired of arguing over speculation? It'd be one thing if anyone actually knew anything but no one does, not even those who think they do. It's all speculation at this point, I just wish we could at least get some hard evidence to argue over.

I'm tired (but that could be a function of being old). I have some facts but I just don't feel like sharing them.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
FWIW heard Bickley on the radio this afternoon saying his sources are telling him that RSE and CoG have agreed on an acceptable framework for the deal. Waiting for the CoG to make the details public (possibly tomorrow) ahead of a vote next week.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
FWIW heard Bickley on the radio this afternoon saying his sources are telling him that RSE and CoG have agreed on an acceptable framework for the deal. Waiting for the CoG to make the details public (possibly tomorrow) ahead of a vote next week.

Sweet. Now they just need to expand the budget by a couple of million bucks so that Maloney can convince Smith to sign a reasonable deal (south of four million) and actually have some scratch left over to add some goal scoring up front. :handclap:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

Read up on the history as others have told you to do so in the past and XX answered this question for you.

You Sir, are 100% correct.

:laugh: Nope and I even debunked what was said.

The first time around, the Ice Edge boys didn't have the financial stones to complete the deal.

At zero interest? No. But we aren't talking about zero interest here. We're talking about a borderline predatory loan from a hedge fund well known for not being kind. RSE wants to walk into a situation that takes a tremendous amount of working capital without having any. They're going to take on a ton of debt, on top of not having the working capital necessary to float the situation. The NHL will lend them working capital to pay expenses so long as the city covers the spread. Realize that there is nothing stopping the league from simply selling at $45m and making this whole city of Glendale crap a non issue. But the league wants the optics of selling the team somewhere north of $150m, even if it is a sham.

The league cares about the CoG and the Phoenix market right up until the point where they might take a loss on the deal. It's evident in the way the deal is structured, and has always been structured over the years. They refuse to take a loss, even though they should. The moment the city puts them in a position to take a loss is the moment they move the team.

RSE are a bunch of clowns, only hanging around because they can get a sports franchise for dirt cheap, risk free. They are only willing to sign on the dotted line if they can get somewhere near $15m guaranteed from the city. Why are you guys cheering them on? Bunch of bums is what they are. That they know how to finance things is exactly why they are only in the deal with minimal skin and maximum upside. RSE wasn't interested when a deal required more equity and that's very telling. Reinsdorf was going to put in roughly twice as much of his own cash, as a reminder. They're 30k millionaires who want to sit at the big boy table. The NHL has a long history of questionable owners, and they somehow manage to look worse than all of them, including some criminals.

Thank you!

XX, your input helps me keep my sanity. Thank you.

Sigh...

Agreed!

Are you sure you two are not one in the same? ;) you seem to have the same pessimistic points of view on EVERYTHING!!!

And here I thought....., nevermind.

A source told me they are brothers!:)

They are different people who have had disagreements in the past on other topics and they are very reliable because they can back up what they say with facts.

I'm sick and tired of the inaccurate infomation given with regards to this topic and others not owning up to their own mistakes in the process. Is it too much to have to ask others to learn? Given the amount of time that has gone past and the amount news given in the process, there is no good excuse for others to not be well informed on the ownership mess and the timeline of.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

Sweet. Now they just need to expand the budget by a couple of million bucks so that Maloney can convince Smith to sign a reasonable deal (south of four million) and actually have some scratch left over to add some goal scoring up front. :handclap:

Bickley is one of the last people I would trust for Coyotes news. :laugh:
Lets get this deal done right now so we can overpay for some old players in Iggy and Briere.:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah, Bickley is a joker. Sad thing is, I'm not talking about overpaying anyone. I'm talking about being able to even low-ball the crap out of our own guys. Even that, we can't really do on our budget.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Bickley is one of the last people I would trust for Coyotes news. :laugh:
Lets get this deal done right now so we can overpay for some old players in Iggy and Briere.:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

I dislike Bickley and don't think he could write his way out of a paper bag. Yet at the same time he had a AZ Rep article a week ago declaring impending doom for the team. It's an unusual shift for him to suddenly become optimistic.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I dislike Bickley and don't think he could write his way out of a paper bag. Yet at the same time he had a AZ Rep article a week ago declaring impending doom for the team. It's an unusual shift for him to suddenly become optimistic.

This. Bickley may be a turd overall, but very uncharacteristic of him to suddenly become the bearer of good tidings, esp. with the Yotes. Definitely worth noting.

zz

Nov 1, 2006

What else is there to talk about?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
you seem to have the same pessimistic points of view on EVERYTHING!!!

I don't feel that pessimistic regarding the team staying right now. I think it's probably still 50-50. I can't make the assumption that Glendale elected officials will have the balls to make a tough, permanent decision and let the team go. I can imagine both sides listing a bunch of fictitious 'new revenue sources' that will make the deal seem more palatable. Those won't actually help the budget, but by the time the story dies in a month or two, no-one will care.

I do feel very negative abut the whole thing. It pisses me off. The league, RSE and city officials who will vote for this sham of a deal all piss me off.

On top of it, statistically, over 50% of Arizona fans posting here would probably call themselves 'fiscal conservatives' when it comes to political views (I mean, unless hockey fans are weirdly weighted towards government spending in general and don't actually represent a segment of the Arizona population). Yet in this case, no-one gives a **** about elected officials making responsible budget decisions that will help their constituents. In the end, this is just another case of 'fiscal responsibility for all, except when it actually affects me'. The hypocrisy of it all makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad