Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Just noticed on Attack website, Devon Yakabuski is gone, being replaced by Allan Gibbons. Hopefully he is more engaging with fans, and on-line presence.

Reactions: Attack Fan

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
If the ownership group is ok with it and are willing to accept the possible fall off in attendance for the next few years while the rebuild takes place than I'm ok with it.

Reactions: OSattackfan

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Who gets traded first and to who?

I say Suzuki to Ottawa

Reading last week on the 67's thread that the GM had stated that he intends to add without moving any players out is really not a scenario that the Attack are looking for. Do you not agree that we need prospects as well as draft picks in return for our top guys?
For some reason I have a gut feeling that the big deal is going to be with London. They have bodies and picks to move. I'm thinking it could look like this.

To London; 99/RC - Suzuki + 99/LD - Phillips
To Attack; 02/RW - Evangelista + 01/LD - Parrott + KIT 2'nd/19 + KGN 2'nd/20 + HAM 2'nd/21 + MIS 3'rd/19 + HAM 3'rd/20 + KGN 3'rd/21 + LDN 3'rd/22

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Reading last week on the 67's thread that the GM had stated that he intends to add without moving any players out is really not a scenario that the Attack are looking for. Do you not agree that we need prospects as well as draft picks in return for our top guys?
For some reason I have a gut feeling that the big deal is going to be with London. They have bodies and picks to move. I'm thinking it could look like this.

To Attack; 02/RW - Evangelista + 01/LD - Parrott + KIT 2'nd/19 + KGN 2'nd/20 + HAM 2'nd/21 + MIS 3'rd/19 + HAM 3'rd/20 + KGN 3'rd/21 + LDN 3'rd/22
Might be a bit steep for two rented players. Neither will be returning next year but you never know. Bodies and picks .. totally agree

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Remember, it's not for certain that Phillips is not back next season. He is not signed as of yet. He would be a great OA for any team.

Reactions: OS Fan

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Hunter would never overpay that much for those 2. That is more then he gave for Tavares, Del Zotto and Borden and everyone figure Michael Del Zotto was a lock to come back and as hindsight has proven an extra year in Junior would have helped him immensely.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Remember, it's not for certain that Phillips is not back next season. He is not signed as of yet. He would be a great OA for any team.

Regarding Phillips, how many players, if any, have gone to the WJC selection camp and then returned for an OA year? The list is probably really, really small. Though you're right and it's certainly possible. I would just be surprised, even if Phillips has had a down year offensively. The reason being LA doesn't have much prospect depth right now and defenders who can skate are always valuable in the system.

Hunter would never overpay that much for those 2. That is more then he gave for Tavares, Del Zotto and Borden and everyone figure Michael Del Zotto was a lock to come back and as hindsight has proven an extra year in Junior would have helped him immensely.

That was also ten years ago, and the OHL is quite a bit different in terms of the trade landscape.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
If the ownership group is ok with it and are willing to accept the possible fall off in attendance for the next few years while the rebuild takes place than I'm ok with it.
If it's done where the Attack keep Hancock and trade the others for players and picks they will still make the playoffs and it wont be as painful as you think.

Don't sell and then you have a huge problem for years to come. This can be done.... DD did it before and as I said before Gemel Smith went to London for Kyle Platzer and Santino Centorame and a 5th round pick in 2014. Trust me.... it's going to work out fine DD will get it done

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
If it's done where the Attack keep Hancock and trade the others for players and picks they will still make the playoffs and it wont be as painful as you think.

Don't sell and then you have a huge problem for years to come. This can be done.... DD did it before and as I said before Gemel Smith went to London for Kyle Platzer and Santino Centorame and a 5th round pick in 2014. Trust me.... it's going to work out fine DD will get it done
I am all for selling but I think we will stay status quo or try and add something DD has never been one to make big moves either way. If ownership is OK with staying status quo don't look for much of a sale.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
I am all for selling but I think we will stay status quo or try and add something DD has never been one to make big moves either way. If ownership is OK with staying status quo don't look for much of a sale.
Then they're done for the next 3 or 4 years. See what your fans think of last place hockey for 3 or 4 years. If DD doesn't make a big move or 2 then he may be moving on at seasons end. What a legacy to leave behind.

No offense but I don't think you understand the implications of standing pat or adding at this point

plowman

Nov 24, 2014
I would think that Ottawa would be interested in Durzi or Hancock. They only have one 98 on there roster

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
What's the optimism level here for you guys regarding getting Moritz Seider next year?

If he reports then it's a move that pays off if he doesn't then his name joins the longer list of players we will never see.

Unfortunately imports are like that it's a gamble from the get go to see if they'll report when picked. Seider was highly touted to be a top flight import but you don't know what you'll have in an import until you see the whites of his eyes in camp.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
What's the optimism level here for you guys regarding getting Moritz Seider next year?

I think a lot will depend on how high he gets drafted and what team drafts him. If he goes in the 1st Round that would be huge in terms of the Attack's options for drafting another import as insurance (I still see upside in Alberg if he's given opportunity in the rebuild), but I'd still put it pretty low.

The one thing the Attack have going for them is that the DEL is not a good developmental league, and an NHL team might like to see his raw talents on display a little closer to home and with a lot more playing time.

I'd ballpark it at the extreme longshot of like 10%.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack don't have the re$ource$ required to bring him over.

It costs a lot of green to bring a top import.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
What if Seider's NHL team wants him in the OHL? Are the Attack on the hook for the associated costs, or does the NHL team cover that?

I read somewhere recently that DD has had some email contact with Seider, and I saw the Attack tweeted about him a couple days ago. The team seems serious about him; I think that's why we have Alberg. If its up to the player, I doubt we see him in OS. But if his NHL team wants him here, then I think he reports.

Reactions: PensFan101

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002

Good points all around.

I wonder if our win over London last weekend gives them a little bit more incentive to make a deal with us. It would essentially eliminate the Attack as a potential threat to them in the postseason.

Substitute Bourque for Philips and take away 2 of the 3rds, and I'd do that deal. We could take back an OA of theirs if needed.

TO Attack Fan

Mar 4, 2018
Just noticed on Attack website, Devon Yakabuski is gone, being replaced by Allan Gibbons. Hopefully he is more engaging with fans, and on-line presence.

Is/was she writing the post-game recaps on the Attack site? I always found them poorly written and not a good reflection of the organization. Hopefully the change in personnel will address this.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Then they're done for the next 3 or 4 years. See what your fans think of last place hockey for 3 or 4 years. If DD doesn't make a big move or 2 then he may be moving on at seasons end. What a legacy to leave behind.

No offense but I don't think you understand the implications of standing pat or adding at this point
No offense taken as I am 100% behind moving all our top guy's for picks and as many young prospects as we can get. I realize if we stand pat we are in for too many years of bottom feeding.The right move is to start right now and turn our non returning assets into something we can use for the next few years. All I'm saying is I'm not holding my breath on that.

Reactions: OS Fan

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Is/was she writing the post-game recaps on the Attack site? I always found them poorly written and not a good reflection of the organization. Hopefully the change in personnel will address this.

The twitter account was run very poorly as well.

Very poor images, gif usage, etc.

Was never an account that kept me interested or engaged.

I am sure she is a nice person. And maybe expectations where high. Shaun Bisson was a freaking professional. However there are people on this thread who could have done a better job.

Wish her well none the less.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
What if Seider's NHL team wants him in the OHL? Are the Attack on the hook for the associated costs, or does the NHL team cover that?

I read somewhere recently that DD has had some email contact with Seider, and I saw the Attack tweeted about him a couple days ago. The team seems serious about him; I think that's why we have Alberg. If its up to the player, I doubt we see him in OS. But if his NHL team wants him here, then I think he reports.
Matej Pekar of the Barrie Colts didn't want to play in the O this season. He wanted to play in the States but Buffalo told him he WAS playing in the O so he had no choice. I know because I interviewed him early in the season and asked him about it. You do what the NHL team who drafted says or what a potential drafting team tells you. Play where you're told to play or don't play. If he does well in this tournament then I would bet my pay cheque he will be here after the break

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Matej Pekar of the Barrie Colts didn't want to play in the O this season. He wanted to play in the States but Buffalo told him he WAS playing in the O so he had no choice. I know because I interviewed him early in the season and asked him about it. You do what the NHL team who drafted says or what a potential drafting team tells you. Play where you're told to play or don't play. If he does well in this tournament then I would bet my pay cheque he will be here after the break
I could be wrong but think hed have to already be here to join this years roster.. he could be here next year for sure though but maybe he can come this year Im not totally sure of the rules.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
I could be wrong but think hed have to already be here to join this years roster.. he could be here next year for sure though but maybe he can come this year Im not totally sure of the rules.
I'm not either. How long does a team have to sign a pick?

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Seider is doing well though. It's D1 but at 17 hes team captain and 1 pt out of leading tournament scoring and hes a defenseman. Looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad