Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Seider may figure into these trades if he doesn't plan on suiting up with the Attack. With his ranking and his showing at the WJC D1 his stock just went way up.
Probably get more for him if they wait until after the NHL draft and see where his NHL team wants him playing. Best case scenario is he plays for us next season

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Seider may figure into these trades if he doesn't plan on suiting up with the Attack. With his ranking and his showing at the WJC D1 his stock just went way up.
Probably get more for him if they wait until after the NHL draft and see where his NHL team wants him playing. Best case scenario is he plays for us next season

I've always believed until you see the whites of an imports eyes, he's just a name and a gamble on paper.

If he reports we have a key piece to the future but until he does I wouldn't hold your breath

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Guzda could be that good. He's NHL sized already, and he is only 17.

He's got a good skill set, but lack consistency. He's has blowouts , but also two shutouts this season .

I think where Mack needs the most development is between the ears. He needs to find a way to relax his mindset. Be dialed in but relaxed, and able to refocus after adversity. I think that is the root cause of his inconsistency.

Reactions: KFawcett

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
I think where Mack needs the most development is between the ears. He needs to find a way to relax his mindset. Be dialed in but relaxed, and able to refocus after adversity. I think that is the root cause of his inconsistency.
totally agree. he has been pulled more than once for not being able to refocus having being down a couple of goals. Obviously he has high expectations of himself but he has to learn to let it go; all part of the mental game

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound

No reason to trade him now, especially if he ends up being a late first round pick - if that happens we gain even more flexibility and can draft another import on top of Alberg and Seider.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
I've watched a little video of Moritz in action I say hold on to his rights and pray we have a good rapore with whoever drafts him. I would love to see him patrolling the blueline at the Bayshore. On a side note both our guy's looked decent last night let's hope they can shine and up there value even more.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I've watched a little video of Moritz in action I say hold on to his rights and pray we have a good rapore with whoever drafts him. I would love to see him patrolling the blueline at the Bayshore. On a side note both our guy's looked decent last night let's hope they can shine and up there value even more.

Going to be a very weak blue line next year so I would love to see him or at least an import Dman.

Durzi, Bourque and Phillips are all gone soon or will be leaving for good in a mere few months.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Anyone want to post the deals that they think DD will be making before the trade deadline?
-Player(s) traded away - to what team - the return coming back to OS...

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Anyone want to post the deals that they think DD will be making before the trade deadline?

Basically I think he does a deal with Ottawa. We have a good history with them and I think sending our marquee guys to the East is more in line with DD's approach. So Durzi, Hancock, Suzuki 1 or possibly 2 of these guys for a bunch of 2nds and hopefully a young prospect. Don't know Ottawa's players well enough to pick it. I see an outside chance of a deal with London if the price is right. Sorry about the lazy post :) My gut feels.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
I'd like to see them get Tolnai from Ottawa and Evangelista from London plus a bunch of picks....Both 1st round picks who played together and lit it up in Oakville as MM last year.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Maybe something like this?

To Ottawa; 98/C - Hancock + 98/RD - Durzi
To Owen Sound; 02/C - Tolnai + PBO 2'nd/19 + WSR 2'nd/20 + PBO 3'rd/19 + OS 3'rd/20 + WSR 4'th/20

To London; 99/C-RW/ Suzuki + 99/LD - Phillips
To Owen Sound; 02/RW - Evangelista + 01/RD - Perrott + 99/C - Turko + KIT 2'nd/19 + OSH 2'nd/20 + HAM 2'nd/21 + WSR 3'rd/19 + NIA 3'rd/22

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Maybe something like this?

To Ottawa; 98/C - Hancock + 98/RD - Durzi
To Owen Sound; 02/C - Tolnai + PBO 2'nd/19 + WSR 2'nd/20 + PBO 3'rd/19 + OS 3'rd/20 + WSR 4'th/20

To London; 99/C-RW/ Suzuki + 99/LD - Phillips
To Owen Sound; 02/RW - Evangelista + 01/RD - Perrott + 99/C - Turko + KIT 2'nd/19 + OSH 2'nd/20 + HAM 2'nd/21 + WSR 3'rd/19 + NIA 3'rd/22

That's pretty rich for a couple OA's, don't you think? OA's are usually straight picks deals. It isn't often an OA is dealt for a 1st round 16 year old.

I can't see Ottawa dealing Tolnai away for two OA's. I think Hancock and Durzi are probably each worth close to the two 2nds, two 3rds and a 4th. I just don't see the likes of 2018 1st rounders going in OA deals, especially considering how many top flight OA's are available.

The Suzuki and Phillips deal is interesting. You have to think Suzuki is probably worth Evangelista, a 2nd and 3rd. The question is whether Perrott, Turko, a 2nd and 3rd is enough for Phillips. It's probably pretty close. So, I would think in a package deal that is probably fairly accurate.

Reactions: StormWatcher

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Who needs Suzuki the most? Depending on how long Formenton is out... London does. They may want Durzi as well so these 2 for Evangelista ,Perrot 2 2nds and a 3rd round draft picks.

Keep Hancock for the playoff run. He's proven he can play with anyone anywhere. I feel we need him if we want to make a good showing in the first round.

Longshot deal...... McLean to Saginaw..... for a keeper and picks.

Last edited:

Generallyspeaking

Sep 18, 2018
Who needs Suzuki the most? Depending on how long Formenton is out... London does. They may want Durzi as well so these 2 for Evangelista ,Perrot 2 2nds and a 3rd round draft picks.

Keep Hancock for the playoff run. He's proven he can play with anyone anywhere. I feel we need him if we want to make a good showing in the first round.

Problem with this is that London already has 3 OA's so no room for Durzi without dropping 1.

Saginaw already has a rookie tender as backup so rook for rook? I believe both are in school still so the OHL no trade rule comes in to effect (unless all parties including famalies agree).

Ottawa looks like the prime trading spot since they have 2 OA spots open.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017

The first part makes sense and may just keep everyone kinda happy. I really don't see either goalie being moved right now. I figure next yr we will move one and bring in a young guy.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
The first part makes sense and may just keep everyone kinda happy. I really don't see either goalie being moved right now. I figure next yr we will move one and bring in a young guy.
Agree on the goalie part. Wouldn't want to see either moved

Jack Attack

Mar 19, 2016
As I mentioned before, I would think the 67's are after a RD since they have 0 right shot defensemen and so the options are limited - Durzi being the best available option in the OHL. And the 67's PP is 13th so they obviously need help - Durzi is the guy who would help bigtime. Would be sad to see him leave but I can't see why the 67's wouldn't do all they can to get him. As for who/what they give OS, considering OA Salinitri got 2 2nds and a 4th, Durzi should at least fetch that. Getting Lucas Peric would be a nice addition but 67's sound like they prefer to trade picks.

London already has Bouchard...and Boqvist, they don't need Durzi.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Still say keep Hancock unless someone blows you out of the water with a sweet deal. He can play with anyone anywhere and will help make for an interesting playoff run if we get decent pieces in return for Suzuki et al

Reactions: KFawcett

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Still say keep Hancock unless someone blows you out of the water with a sweet deal. He can play with anyone anywhere and will help make for an interesting playoff run if we get decent pieces in return for Suzuki et al
That is my thought if we get a couple decent younsters in a deal for Suzuki and Phillips. Hancock could lead the group into the playoffs. Imho our goalies both have shown improvement and if they can battle each other for playing time we could be a tough out in the playoffs.

Reactions: OS Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad