GDT: WCQF G3 | Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche | 10pm ET | TNT/Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
He was stealing the game before the Jets got into penalty trouble. Credit to the Avs PP for their urgency - not the PP we saw in the regular season. That's been a huge factor in the series
You can always tell who played goal or knows what their talking about with stupid takes like that. Guy was hung out to dry

Reactions: Summer Rose

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I'm not in Camp Blame the Refs but 1 of those was an EN and 2 were on the PP. If you don't want to blame the refs, that's fine, but 2 of the 4 scored before the EN were off of ref calls.

I mean...don't f***ing cut a guy open with a high stick or throw the puck over the glass? Those are pretty black and white.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I mean...don't f***ing cut a guy open with a high stick or throw the puck over the glass? Those are pretty black and white.

Again, I'm not blaming the refs here, they were penalties, but to say those penalties had no impact is incorrect.

Also, there was stuff not called the other way.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Habs are a rebuilding team and yet they beat many of the teams currently in the playoffs. Are the Jets a rebuilding team?
The Jets finished the season 4th OA, so not rebuilding.

Habs finished in the bottom 5 in the league. 15 points out of a playoff spot and an embarrassing -53 in goal differential. Over the last 5 seasons the Habs are the 4th worst team overall.

But ya, you beat the teams currently in the playoffs.

But they did beat the Jets in the Covid tainted year. And still whine about the Scheifele hit.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Cowardly refs should not have called 4 minutes for Toews skating face first into a stick.

Or the tripping call. Which led to the delay of game since the Jets were on the PK.

4 underserved PPs. What a joke of a league.

They always want the big market US teams to win. It's not the Jets fault they can only afford a 15000 seat arena and that big name players would rather die than move to Winnipeg.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
Again, I'm not blaming the refs here, they were penalties, but to say those penalties had no impact is incorrect.

You can't claim to be not blaming the refs and then say that.

Of course the penalties had an impact, but there's an easy way to avoid that. Like don't cut a guy open with a high stick or throw the puck over the glass.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
You can't claim to be not blaming the refs and then say that.

Of course the penalties had an impact, but there's an easy way to avoid that. Like don't cut a guy open with a high stick or throw the puck over the glass.

I can't say the refs were to blame when the penalties called were penalties. It was a trip by Appleton, it was a high stick by Vilardi, it was a puck over the glass. But Pionk gets smashed in the head on the ice, no call, Connor was tripped 2 seconds after that high stick and the refs weren't gonna call it. Even if that trip would've been wiped out by the high stick, at least there would've been the acknowledgement there was a trip there.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

There were stuff not called both ways.

The difference is the Avs are an experienced playoff team, they know what you can get away with and what you can’t. Bednar also preaches playing a clean game after they’re up on penalties.

And getting outplayed generally results taking more penalties because players can’t keep up.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
I can't say the refs were to blame when the penalties called were penalties. It was a trip by Appleton, it was a high stick by Vilardi, it was a puck over the glass. But Pionk gets smashed in the head on the ice, no call, Connor was tripped 2 seconds after that high stick and the refs weren't gonna call it. Even if that trip would've been wiped out by the high stick, at least there would've been the acknowledgement there was a trip there.

They weren't even going to call the high stick until there was a puddle of blood on the ice and they reviewed it! The Jets got away with plenty of stuff too. It's the Playoffs, it's how every game is officiated.

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
Cowardly refs should not have called 4 minutes for Toews skating face first into a stick.

Or the tripping call. Which led to the delay of game since the Jets were on the PK.

4 underserved PPs. What a joke of a league.

They always want the big market US teams to win. It's not the Jets fault they can only afford a 15000 seat arena and that big name players would rather die than move to Winnipeg.
Denver isn't a big market. Pat McAfee was wearing a Winnipeg jersey on his show and he can't find Denver on a map.

Solid troll effort though. Respect.

• Haha
Reactions: AslanRH and Ncit3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad