Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
-Here's hoping that DD can bring in an experienced, capable goalie (99'/00') that can play maybe 40% of the games along with Guzda before training camp begins.
-Here's hoping that DD can bring in a 00' Dman, we do not have one signed in the system.
Both of these "get's" can most likely be made by trading away one or more potential OA candidates and a draft choice or two.
The August 1'st trade freeze will be over soon, maybe something has already been done or is in the works.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
-Here's hoping that DD can bring in an experienced, capable goalie (99'/00') that can play maybe 40% of the games along with Guzda before training camp begins.
-Here's hoping that DD can bring in a 00' Dman, we do not have one signed in the system.
Both of these "get's" can most likely be made by trading away one or more potential OA candidates and a draft choice or two.
The August 1'st trade freeze will be over soon, maybe something has already been done or is in the works.
Jake McGrath is most likely gone should Luokkonen come over, could be an option for trade. he's a good goalie to have in a 1a 1b situation, even better as a backup, just wasn't quite cut out to be a starter, at least not in Sudbury.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Jake McGrath is most likely gone should Luokkonen come over, could be an option for trade. he's a good goalie to have in a 1a 1b situation, even better as a backup, just wasn't quite cut out to be a starter, at least not in Sudbury.

I don't think we will trade for a goalie from Sudbury for a while.. It still stings.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I don't think we will trade for a goalie from Sudbury for a while.. It still stings.

This season DD will have to be a bit more creative on deals than the sit back and wait approach he used last season.

There is no doubt in my mind that for the team to move forward and be successful some tactics will have to change on the management front. However with a very good young core of players returning it makes for a interesting start to the season this year.

If all the pieces fall into place and the team can stay healthy for the season this could be a good year for the team standings wise.

The count is on till training camp

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Interesting recent article on Nick Suzuki and Yr 2 in development camp. Makes it interesting to see if he will be in Vegas this season or back with Attack. Time will tell.
Suzuki feels more confident with Golden Knights

More likely you'll see Zuke back in the Sound, not because of talent but depth by Vegas roster.

If he does stick with the Golden Knights then you'll see Dudas become your top line faceoff man, although too early to tell at this point yet till training camp starts and NHL clubs start to send guys back. Although if he does then the team will have a solid top line and solid blueline.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hearing that there is a report on twitter that 98 LW/ Lyszczarczyk is playing in Europe/Czech Republic this season, can anyone confirm?

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Hearing that there is a report on twitter that 98 LW/ Lyszczarczyk is playing in Europe/Czech Republic this season, can anyone confirm?
See that Elite Prospects shows it as a rumour - AL going to HC Karlovy Vary; however if you go to that team's roster, he's not on the 2018-19 list.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
It looks like the Attack may have yet another goaltending problem if DD cannot land a veteran "puck stopper" to work along side 01 Guzda.
Within the OS system they have a few goalies that were drafted but none are yet to be signed. IMO the team needs to address this issue before training camp.
Other goalies in the system...
01 MacLean
02 Latassa
02 Chendard

Last edited:

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
It looks like the Attack may have yet another goaltending problem if DD cannot land a veteran "puck stopper" to work along side 01 Guzda.
Within the OS system they have a few goalies that were drafted but none are yet to be signed. IMO the team needs to address this issue before training camp.
Other goalies in the system...
01 MacLean
01 Latassa
02 Chendard

Certainly makes for a lot of questions that will have to be answered by training camp.

At the moment the big questions on everyone's mind is does OL come back and if not will, if or when does DD decide on what to do with the tender situation with 3 goalies in camp plus Guzda the team could go with a 16yo and Guzda but that's playing with fire especially when the rest of the senior players may not be back till almost opening week of the regular season.

Decisions, decisions????

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
There is no way that the Attack bring back Oli. As I've stated a few times now, I believe that your OA's need to be 3 of the top players on the team! He would actually play behind Guzda this coming season if he was to ever come back IMO. Also , I think we would lose a higher draft pick to Ottawa if Oli plays his OA year. We need to trade for a solid 99/00 goalie to work along side Guzda, maybe playing in 40% of the games through the regular season. I'm hoping DD just doesn't wait and drag this uncertainty on throughout training camp and for sure not into the regular season.
We also need a Dman brought in to solidify our back end. If Durzi is not back, we are in trouble with the remaining 5 only.

OA Bourque OA Durzi ??
99 Phillips 99 Lyle
01 Chibrikov 02 Seed

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Attack aquire Nathan Torchia from Gennies for 7th 2020.
I think Lefrenniere is not coming back.
This opens the door for a number of OA scenarios.

Also looks like Guzda is going to get the bulk of starts.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Attack aquire Nathan Torchia from Gennies for 7th 2020.
I think Lefrenniere is not coming back.
This opens the door for a number of OA scenarios.

Also looks like Guzda is going to get the bulk of starts.
And deserves to. He played well over what was expected of him last year. He may very well be the best goalie in the league next year.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Nice interview with draft pick Nolan Seed; seems like a level headed kid. Should be a good fit.

Can't wait for Rookie Camp

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Not that it should come as a shock but Riley Daniels is no longer property of the Attack. Riley is headed out to the Q on a training camp invite. I believe Moncton.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
And just like that, the Owen Sound Goalie situation is sorted.

ollie the goalie has signed in the OJ

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Noticed on twitter; St. Louis Blues roster for prospect tournament in Traverse City, MI.
#63 Trenton Bourque
#87 Daylon Groulx

-Hopefully Bourque can impress enough to earn an ELC with the Blues sometime this season.
-Hopefully Groulx can gain the confidence from this experience to propel him into a top 6 player for the Attack.

Good Luck Boys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad