Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
It was a solid deal for both teams. Both benefitted. OS knew the deal with Mete and leveraged that pick into something just as, or maybe more valuable for their squad. Mete was a better fit for London, the comp picks and picks from LK were a better fit for OS.
Both Phillips n Suzuki were kids I saw alot of in MM. Both have had great careers so far in OS.
Yes both teams did well by this trade - isn't that the best trades ever when both teams get a win!

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Great news, Marcus and Nick will both represent the Attack for Team Canada!
Also nice to see the Attack play a very good road game tonight. Both Wilson and Russell with goals tonight from the third line. Tough task tomorrow against the 67's as the Attack look to finish the first half of the season on a little winning streak. Go Attack Go!
Nick isnt on the team yet officially

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
One last run for what???? 8 freaking players not returning next year, an empty draft pick cupboard , cant upgrade on this years team, only assets ........ tired of explaining this crap.... there is no other choice... if they dont sell its 3 to 4 years of shit

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
One last run for what???? 8 freaking players not returning next year, an empty draft pick cupboard , cant upgrade on this years team, only assets ........ tired of explaining this crap.... there is no other choice... if they dont sell its 3 to 4 years of ****
True enough...probably have enough to make the playoffs next season if you just stand pat

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Another very good effort today against a top team in the CHL. This Attack team is really looking good heading into the Christmas break. Looks like they simplified their game with the absence of Suzuki, Phillips and Sushko. Even strength, they picked their chances when they would send two men deep and really force the 67's defence. Power play, (3/5) they had net front screen and made the simple first or second pass and just put the puck on the net. Short handed, (0/4) they worked hard to get the puck out of their own zone and send it deep into the 67's zone, getting away from trying to create scoring chances while short handed like in previous games. Not many people thought they would put together a five game winning streak heading into the break. Congrat's boys, job well done!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team had a good weekend of hockey.

The compete level against a tough Ottawa squad today showed that when the guys pull together even against a highly touted team like the 67's, that they can play with any team.

The 67's certainly didn't give the team the game today. But when push comes to shove the team can push back, and make a workmans game of any team they play and get the two points.

The season standings are shaking out and nothing is set in stone of yet, this team has set themselves up for a what could be an interesting second half of the season.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The season standings are shaking out and nothing is set in stone of yet, this team has set themselves up for a what could be an interesting second half of the season.

Maybe it's because of his playing career that makes me feel this way but Todd Gill is still the coach isn't he? I hope I'm wrong I like to see teams like Owen Sound do well it proves to the rest of the OHL it can be done even in a smaller "Hockey MADD" Ontario town!

Generallyspeaking

Sep 18, 2018
Been a good run leading up to the holiday break. Nice to see the boys coming together in some big games even without 3 of our top players.

Will be interesting to see how the team looks when they get back together. What trades if any will happen? My bets are on Phillips not coming back to the team, nobody is willing to pay enough for Suzuki.

The youth are starting to get into the game and proving themselves. Will Maclean continue to be a backup or has he proved he should be the new starter? Will Maclean or Guzda be used as trade bait, currently Maclean your 10th round pick is the top rookie tender and top 10 in the league, could he be worth the trade while he is riding high, or do you trade your 2nd round pick Guzda who is projected to go in next years draft?

Do we continue to run with 2 young goalies and hope our other young players continue to step up? Alberg is due for a goal, Seed is showing why he was a first rounder and a solid D man, Pearson is proving to be a solid forward, Wilson and Caruk are getting into the play and becoming playmakers. If this is the case maybe its time to see who is willing to start spending trades and drafts and start the rebuild!

Hope these boys enjoy the Christmas break they have earned it!

Last edited:

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Been a good run leading up to the holiday break. Nice to see the boys coming together in some big games even without 3 of our top players.

Will be interesting to see how the team looks when they get back together. What trades if any will happen? My bets are on Phillips not coming back to the team, nobody is willing to pay enough for Suzuki.

The youth are starting to get into the game and proving themselves. Will Maclean continue to be a backup or has he proved he should be the new starter? Will Maclean or Guzda be used as trade bait, currently Maclean your 10th round pick is the top rookie tender and top 10 in the league, could he be worth the trade while he is riding high, or do you trade your 2nd round pick Guzda who is projected to go in next years draft?

Do we continue to run with 2 young goalies and hope our other young players continue to step up? Alberg is due for a goal, Seed is showing why he was a first rounder and a solid D man, Pearson is proving to be a solid forward, Wilson and Caruk are getting into the play and becoming playmakers. If this is the case maybe its time to see who is willing to start spending trades and drafts and start the rebuild!

Hope these boys enjoy the Christmas break they have earned it!
You dont trade either of them this season. They have lots of other assets who definitely won't be back next season.

Reactions: Pond Hockey

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
You dont trade either of them this season. They have lots of other assets who definitely won't be back next season.
OSFan I haven't taken the great amount of time to verify this but it came from a knowlegable Hockey person. No PLAYER that has played for Canada at the World Jr's has played there O/A year. I say move anybody you can get great return on.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
OSFan I haven't taken the great amount of time to verify this but it came from a knowlegable Hockey person. No PLAYER that has played for Canada at the World Jr's has played there O/A year. I say move anybody you can get great return on.
Agreed. Thank God our 17 yr old goalies arent there. Lol

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I still say that your team is scary good. No other team has completely owned Erie like you guys. I think you have a shot at it, even if you don't or can't sell.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
It must be awfully frustrating for a really good team to likely be better for selling. You’d like to be in a similar position as Kingston was, which is to say the season was a write off whether they sold or not.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack had a strong week, beating the Storm last Tuesday, then two road wins, to close out their the Christmas break.

Some highlights-
Andrew MacLean with five straight wins, not bad at all for a rookie, beating the top two teams in the O in a week .

Secondary scoring coming to life with Nick , Marcus and Maxim away.

Aiden with 4 pts against league leading Ottawa, his first two goals since November .

The guys pulling together as a team.

Great finish to the first half, Attack.
Have a well deserved break !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad