Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
OS played well, lots of determination. Give credit where credit is due.
I thought Kooy had a terrible game. I mean it was nothing like Mark Visentin's humiliating effort against the Russians at the World Juniors from which he never recovered but Kooy was bad.
Just going out on a limb, but I'm guessing Kooy never gets considered for Team Canada (unless Mark Hunter is on the selection committee)

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Any news as to Coach Letang 2 game suspension? Nice to see Joey behind the bench. Great win.

Beyond the 2 games that the league has handed him no more news on why but I would imagine that it had a lot to do with the last game he was on the bench.

Certainly showed a lot of emotion towards the officials.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Great game always great to beat the Knights but ending there streak PRICELESS. The only downfall is does this derail any firesale? IMHO we have to add young prospects and picks and there is only one way of doing that.

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Great game always great to beat the Knights but ending there streak PRICELESS. The only downfall is does this derail any firesale? IMHO we have to add young prospects and picks and there is only one way of doing that.

Hopefully it's a nice way for Suzuki and Phillips to go out (the conspiracy theorist might note they were 2nd and 3rd stars last night). Also poetic after the Knights ended our boys' win streak two years ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dale waits until the last minute, especially for Suzuki so the '02 first rounders come into play.

Fingers crossed.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Suzuki said in an interview that this win should quiet some of the rumours and that his plan when he was drafted by Owen Sound that he would leave with a championship.

That's nice but if the Attack buy in order to try and compete for a championship they will not only lose this year but for many years to come.

Sorry the goal you set didn't pan out. Thanks for your service but if you really want this franchise to succeed you'll accept a trade and the Attack can win one for you a couple years down the road. If not then this franchise is doomed to Sudbury(for quite a few years) and Kingston status.

Hockey's a game but it's also a business and business needs to be run responsibly.

Reactions: TheCoach

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Any news as to Coach Letang 2 game suspension? Nice to see Joey behind the bench. Great win.

Beyond the 2 games that the league has handed him no more news on why but I would imagine that it had a lot to do with the last game he was on the bench.

Certainly showed a lot of emotion towards the officials.
The incident for which Letang was suspended occurred in the road game in Niagara. I was listening on Bear Radio. It was late in the game, Attack were down 4-1 and no doubt frustrated as they had been playing some lousy hockey at that time. Doherty engaged with a player in what Feed described as a borderline play that *might* be worth 2:00. Well, Doherty ended up getting a 5:00 major and a game misconduct. Fred described coaches Hill and Letang being uncharacteristically livid with the refs, while Gill stood there doing nothing (as usual). Letang must have taken things a step too far, as he was given the boot and didn't finish the game behind the bench. Then obviously the 2-game suspension followed.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The incident for which Letang was suspended occurred in the road game in Niagara. I was listening on Bear Radio. It was late in the game, Attack were down 4-1 and no doubt frustrated as they had been playing some lousy hockey at that time. Doherty engaged with a player in what Feed described as a borderline play that *might* be worth 2:00. Well, Doherty ended up getting a 5:00 major and a game misconduct. Fred described coaches Hill and Letang being uncharacteristically livid with the refs, while Gill stood there doing nothing (as usual). Letang must have taken things a step too far, as he was given the boot and didn't finish the game behind the bench. Then obviously the 2-game suspension followed.

So you're saying he said a bad word ??:sarcasm:

Reactions: Pond Hockey

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Hey Attack fans, what's up with Electric Ice? It has been dead all weekend. Is it done?

Electric Ice fourm hasn't died yet, there are still some posters on there that hang on and post.

Although it's very minimal use these days.

There's still posters around the league that use the fourm but finding more and more posters have switched to HFBs.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Electric Ice fourm hasn't died yet, there are still some posters on there that hang on and post.

Although it's very minimal use these days.

There's still posters around the league that use the fourm but finding more and more posters have switched to HFBs.

He doesn't mean no one is posting, no one CAN post. Go have a look .
The website is in disarray.

Reactions: BigBuck

Jack Attack

Mar 19, 2016
Great job by A-Mac. Attack fans need to be gracious to both goalies. I remember when Mcniven was a 17 yr old rookie. He had a great year but the coaching staff primarily had him play against weaker teams to give him a better chance to succeed.
When have the Attack ever went woth two 17 yr old goalies for the season? I think never. (Correct me if I'm wrong). So yeah, they're going to have ups and downs, expect it. Mike Dipietro winning the memorial cup at 17 is the exception.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Great job by A-Mac. Attack fans need to be gracious to both goalies. I remember when Mcniven was a 17 yr old rookie. He had a great year but the coaching staff primarily had him play against weaker teams to give him a better chance to succeed.
When have the Attack ever went woth two 17 yr old goalies for the season? I think never. (Correct me if I'm wrong). So yeah, they're going to have ups and downs, expect it. Mike Dipietro winning the memorial cup at 17 is the exception.
Winning the mem cup through the back door.. I personally still have trouble calling that winning a mem cup... sure he has the ring but windsor by no means even won a playoff series that year unless I am wrong.. Dont get me wrong Kudos to the kid for his tournament performance but before the tournament they didn’t even win a game if memory serves correctly in the playoffs... He is a fantastic goalie that anyone in their right mind would want and by all means I think hes got likely his best chance this season to win the conference and maybe OHL and when he does hes got a heck of an advantage when it comes to the Mem Cup tourny.. But until then I find it a bit of a grey area...Just my opinion.. I hope our goalies can come even close to being the goalie he is.. However I feel they need a veteran to learn from at such a young age... Side note... I personally have liked A Mac better then Guzda he plays the puck so well and battles to no end.

Reactions: LR8 and Otto

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Noofgoof

For clarity, the playoffs for Dipietro the year Windsor won the Cup in 2017 the Spits lost to London 4 games to 3 in their 7 game series,game 7 in London, a pick em series,where the 2 best goalies in the league Dipietro at 17 years old and Parsons squared off,plenty of controversy in the series which I wont debate here,Knights went on to lose to Erie,in 7,while Windsor handled Erie twice to win the Cup.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Noofgoof

For clarity, the playoffs for Dipietro the year Windsor won the Cup in 2017 the Spits lost to London 4 games to 3 in their 7 game series,game 7 in London, a pick em series,where the 2 best goalies in the league Dipietro at 17 years old and Parsons squared off,plenty of controversy in the series which I wont debate here,Knights went on to lose to Erie,in 7,while Windsor handled Erie twice to win the Cup.
Right I forgot thats how the series went thanks for the reminder/clarification... however still not a series win.. controversy or not ... dont get me wrong I do feel he is and was one of the best in the league but when it comes to winning a mem cup he won the tourny...not the league.

Reactions: Otto

TO Attack Fan

Mar 4, 2018
In Friday's Sun-Times story, Knights Provide Mid-Season Moment of Truth for Attack - before the tilt with London - DD is quoted as saying, "It will be a matter of just seeing how we ride these next few weeks to a month out, and seeing where we’re at. “We can always use picks, and we can always use extra young bodies.” TG added, “It’s a huge test.”

After the convincing 5-1 win Saturday, next Saturday's game in Ottawa looms huge for the team. (And Tuesday vs. Guelph.)

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
What a great game played by the Attack squad on Saturday evening! The team played a very solid game from the goaltender out. It goes to show you that getting the "big save" early on in a tight, emotional game can really bode well for the whole team to feed off of it. It seems to elevate the confidence and set the tone. To beat the Knights without Durzi, Bourque and Sushko in the line-up really showed what this team is capable of. Wondering now, does this game alter the thoughts of DD and management on whether the team will sell off or add a piece or two? Still three big games this week before the Christmas break, lets hope they can keep it rolling even without Nick and Markus (Team Canada camp).
We'll soon see I guess but either way, we now know that this group when focused and battle ready can beat any team in the league!
P.S. - has anyone noticed how quiet the Knights thread is? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad