Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
And now there's a tweet that Tag Bertuzzi may have gone home. Bertuzzi, Merkley, Primeau asking for a trade... Something going on in Guelph.

Trading Merkley seems like a move to sell, but jeez, with those picks added, maybe it's just the start of something.

Whatever this means for the trade market, it's going to be a crazy few weeks leading up to January 10...

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Great news, Marcus and Nick will both represent the Attack for Team Canada!
Also nice to see the Attack play a very good road game tonight. Both Wilson and Russell with goals tonight from the third line. Tough task tomorrow against the 67's as the Attack look to finish the first half of the season on a little winning streak. Go Attack Go!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team had a good game last night.

Especially against a team that had their chances to run away with the game early on.

AM, made some huge key saves when he had to and the team took the Frontenacs chances away at key times, good to see AM get his shutout.

Now hopefully the guys can get some revenge on the 67's in TDP today after earlier in the season stumble against them.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
So happy Phillips made the cut, and I'm sure the joe average Canada fan will bitch because he's unknown, doesn't have the draft pedigree, and hasn't put up points this season. But I think it speaks to how far he's come as an all around player.

Also great to see Alberg with a couple of assists and every game he is looking more comfortable and using his speed. Hope the fans stay patient with him because he's one of the few young guys with real offensive skills.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
So happy Phillips made the cut, and I'm sure the joe average Canada fan will ***** because he's unknown, doesn't have the draft pedigree, and hasn't put up points this season. But I think it speaks to how far he's come as an all around player.

Also great to see Alberg with a couple of assists and every game he is looking more comfortable and using his speed. Hope the fans stay patient with him because he's one of the few young guys with real offensive skills.
Totally agree I had a feeling Marcus would make it good job. I cringe when people jump on Alberg, watch the kid he has tons of skill the goals will come. First yr in N.A is always tough for these kids.

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
Totally agree I had a feeling Marcus would make it good job. I cringe when people jump on Alberg, watch the kid he has tons of skill the goals will come. First yr in N.A is always tough for these kids.
I am super happy for Marcus Phillips. He finally gets the recognition he deserves. He is one of the unsung heroes in Owen Sound. Players and fans love this guy at the Bayshore!

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Big thanks to Victor Mete for not reporting to Owen Sound. Your 2015 draft got you Markus Phillips and with the compensatory pick Nick Suzuki. Sure looks good on Dale DeGray to have both his 2015 first round picks playing for Team Canada. These two guys will be great representatives of our Country. Can't wait to watch them play for Canada.

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
Big thanks to Victor Mete for not reporting to Owen Sound. Your 2015 draft got you Markus Phillips and with the compensatory pick Nick Suzuki. Sure looks good on Dale DeGray to have both his 2015 first round picks playing for Team Canada. These two guys will be great representatives of our Country. Can't wait to watch them play for Canada.
Lol victor won a memorial cup and played
Lol mete played wjc won ohl title and a memorial cup..he was happy he got traded. So think hes accomplished more than the latter 2 guys

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Lol mete played wjc won ohl title and a memorial cup..he was happy he got traded. So think hes accomplished more than the latter 2 guys
wouldnt it be nice if both end up in London this year?

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
Hockey Canada knows Markus well and I think that played a big part in him making the team. Markus also captained an U-17 team...correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: LDN

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

What's your point?

No one said Mete didn't have a great career but Phillips and Suzuki both have contributed to Owen Sound having one of the longest consecutive playoff streaks in the CHL and have gone deep in back to back playoffs and could do it again this year.

Their accomplishments in Owen Sound is much appreciated regardless.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
What's your point?

No one said Mete didn't have a great career but Phillips and Suzuki both have contributed to Owen Sound having one of the longest consecutive playoff streaks in the CHL and have gone deep in back to back playoffs and could do it again this year.

Their accomplishments in Owen Sound is much appreciated regardless.

It was a solid deal for both teams. Both benefitted. OS knew the deal with Mete and leveraged that pick into something just as, or maybe more valuable for their squad. Mete was a better fit for London, the comp picks and picks from LK were a better fit for OS.
Both Phillips n Suzuki were kids I saw alot of in MM. Both have had great careers so far in OS.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
It was a solid deal for both teams. Both benefitted. OS knew the deal with Meye and leveraged thst pick into something just as or maybe more valuable for their squad. Mete was a better fit for London, the comp picks and pucks from LK were a better fit for OS.
Both Phillips n Suzuki were kids I saw alot of in MM. Both have had great careers so far in OS.

There are a few morons at the bayshore who boo-ed Mete but most actual fans where just happy to see him playing. He didn't want to play in Owen Sound, Never said anything terrible about the city. No harm no foul.

He was in fact a better fit for London. He was great for you guys. Was always fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad