Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rawly up 3
Because you obviously need to jock as many teams as you can, right? Especially when things aren't going good for one of them, you always have others on the backburner.

The really hot Rawly team that's currently on a FIVE game losing streak coming into tonight.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who coaches the Oilers PK? He needs to be flushed, along with that LOSER head coach that doesn't do shit there and that pathetic GM.

LOSER Todd will KILL your contention window. Just ask anyone who knew a damn about him in San Jose, outside of his small cult of jello eaters.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
With Quenneville available I wonder how long McLellan's leash is.
Don't worry, their GM is so stupid, he probably hasn't even placed a call to Quenneville.

He probably doesn't even realize he has a shitty head coach, that KILLS contention windows employed right now. He's such a f***ing dumbass, he probably either doesn't know Quenneville was fired or he does and doesn't think anything is wrong with this pissant that works for him now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the NHL wants to expand then they should start a team with filled with BAD players like Roman Polak, Brooks Orpik, 4 other grenade handlers and a bevy of crap forwards. Then they bring in goalies like Cam Ward and Jake Allen, they could even bring Schneider in if they want. And just to ensure they don't ACCIDENTALLY win games, they can bring in a coaching staff of Rick Tocchet, Todd McLellan, Doug Weight and Phil Housley. They won't even bring in Johnny Mac to assist, as he's not even good enough for even this coaching roster.:laugh:

Then they can make a new expansion team and see if they can even win 10 games in a season.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Price lets in a very savable shot in OT
No doubt, bro. Was a nasty stinker. Bleed will have fun with that one tonight. Rask also with some gar-bagé tending in his contest. Price, Rask, Schneids, maybe even Holtby. Once a very elite rank of late 1980’s born tenders, now all having potentially catostrophic declines by age 30.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't know a team that comes back more down in the 3rd than Philly the past few years.

Down 4-2 tonight in the 3rd and they beat Zona in OT

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
last year philly came back in the third to win 4 times. the devils came back in the third to win 8 times. the year before that the flyers came back in the third 5 times. the devils came back 6 times. this is philly's first come from behind in the third win this season, the devils also have one.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
last year philly came back in the third to win 4 times. the devils came back in the third to win 8 times. the year before that the flyers came back in the third 5 times. the devils came back 6 times. this is philly's first come from behind in the third win this season, the devils also have one.

Stats on the last 3 minutes of the 3rd?
Go whip them up please

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yeah, Philly won again
They are almost white hot now

In their last 5 games they've beaten a terribly coached Arizona twice, an LA team that was so bad they got their coach fired, and the Ducks. Let's see them do it against some better teams before jumping on the bandwagon. Plus the Flyers are one of the most schizophrenic teams in the league in recent years.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In their last 5 games they've beaten a terribly coached Arizona twice, an LA team that was so bad they got their coach fired, and the Ducks. Let's see them do it against some better teams before jumping on the bandwagon. Plus the Flyers are one of the most schizophrenic teams in the league in recent years.
Add the Ducks to the list of terribly coached teams they've beaten.

Carlyle is there like it's 2007.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How bout them NYb

Lou Trotz has been a GodSend for them
After rationally thinking about this, I wanna know what the hell Lou did and what he deserves credit for over there? It's basically last year's team, without Tavares, and a few new Lou additions that were BAD.

And this isn't a Lou bias, just saying as of now, he doesn't deserve much credit. He only really did two good things. He hired Barry Trotz and why the hell wouldn't you hire Barry Trotz when you have an opening and he's available? It's a no-brainer. Does Lou deserve credit there? I think so, because there's several GM's who could and should have FIRED their inferior head coaches to hire Trotz the minute he became available and they chose not to. I'm talking about that idiot up in Edmonton. Anaheim could have probably used him as well. And they're gonna pay for that. They will pay for that, they are paying for that. So kudos to Lou for wasting no time with Trotz.

And the only other good thing Lou did there was sign Robin Lehner, who was the best available goalie at the time. He certainly deserves credit for that, while Carolina went with MraSUCK instead. So Lou deserves credit for that one and Carolina deserves to lose for snoozing and signing another BAD goalie to a team with a recent history of piling up mistakes in net.

And even though signing Lehner was good, Greiss has been playing most of these games and Lou inherited him. Lehner got injured for a little and Greiss went on a hot streak, so they've kept playing him it looks like. They'll probably go back to Lehner now.

And after that, Lou signed Komarov to a STUPID deal. He helped out his former team after they snatched the superstar he inherited when he came to the Islanders, by giving them cap relief to take back a BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD player in Matt Martin. Then he signed Luca Sbisa, who is an abomination of a defenseman. He also signed Filppula, which was a nothing move either way, since it was only a year long. A player that looks almost done, but no harm in a one year deal and he's certainly not Matt Martin, Komarov or Luca Sbisa levels of suck just yet.

Your excessive crediting of Lou is reminiscent of you excessive credit to DSP last playoffs, along with your criticism of us choosing to buy him out, despite calling for him to be removed from the team the season before that.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Great goaltending can make any GM/coach look good. Greiss and Lehner combined had a .935 save percentage coming into tonight (which will take a bit of a hit after 4 goals against). Trotz certainly deserves credit for bringing structure after Weight's pond hockey system. I'm still pretty skeptical about them being for real after 15 games though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight.

Canucks vs Bruins: 5 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Halak, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Rask in relief, 2 stoppable. He shouldn't have been screened on that Gudbranson goal and goal 7 was completely his fault for coming out to play the puck and giving it away to Horvat. Trash goaltending cost them this one. They scored f***in 5 goals for god's sake!

Oilers vs Panthers: 3 goals against Talbot, no chance on any. 1 goal against Luongo, no chance.

Coyotes vs Flyers: 5 goals against Kuemper, didn't really have a chance on any. 4 goals against Pickard, 1 stoppable.

Sabres vs Canadiens: 5 goals against Ullmark, 3 stoppable. 6 goals against Price, 2 stoppable. Another game of hideous goaltending. DD wasn't lying about the OT winner, which was a bad goal on Price.

Golden Knights vs Senators: 3 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Anderson, 2 stoppable. Fleury's stoppable goal is very subtle. He poke checks the puck right to the opposition on the second Senators goal. I'd consider just a giveaway by the goalie.

Islanders vs Lightning: 3 goals against Lehner, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Vasilevskiy, no chance on either.

Hurricanes vs Blackhawks: 3 goals against Darling, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Crawford, no chance on any.

Sharks vs Stars: 4 goals against Jones, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Khudobin, 1 is stoppable.

Wild vs Kings: 1 goal against Dubnyk, it's a stoppable one. 2 goals against Campbell, 1 stoppable.

So if my count is right, that's 67 goals scored against goalies tonight and 20 stoppable. That's just about 30%. Both Bruins goalies were really bad, Ullmark was horrific and Price was terrible, Anderson was terrible. Neither Kuemper or Crawford played as poorly as their goals against tonight. Even Jones didn't play as poorly as his goals against tonight, with no chance on the last 3 goals he allowed.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Great goaltending can make any GM/coach look good. Greiss and Lehner combined had a .935 save percentage coming into tonight (which will take a bit of a hit after 4 goals against). Trotz certainly deserves credit for bringing structure after Weight's pond hockey system. I'm still pretty skeptical about them being for real after 15 games though.
As am I.

I feel like their PDOpe dealer deserves a lot of credit as well, as they are high as a f***in kite on it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wanted to put another Rask goof as the softy of the night, but this one was really bad, even though he didn't play poorly like a treasure trove of other guys did tonight, this was a really hilarious one. And he KNEW it after it went in. Boy, did he know it.

Softy of the night goes to Khudobin for this gem. And this was Evander Kane's first goal in a month. He fans on it and it slides at a turtles pace into the net. I don't even know if this puck ever left the ice on its way in.

Camille the Eel

I wanted to put another Rask goof as the softy of the night, but this one was really bad, even though he didn't play poorly like a treasure trove of other guys did tonight, this was a really hilarious one. And he KNEW it after it went in. Boy, did he know it.

Softy of the night goes to Khudobin for this gem. And this was Evander Kane's first goal in a month. He fans on it and it slides at a turtles pace into the net. I don't even know if this puck ever left the ice on its way in.

Bruins trash goaltending indeed, but that wasn’t what cost them the game. They simply didn’t skate except now and then. Instead they stood around and watched the Canucks. And that will get you every time. For instance us last game against Ottawa in the second period.

On the Isles, getting Flippula - even for one year - is a better move than many give Lou credit for. He has more tread left on the tires than I had realized. The prototype 3d line center who can moonlight on the 2d line, and also play PK and power play when necessary, who’s intelligent and grew up in the waning glory days of the Detroit dynasty as well as putting in time in Tampa Bay. Good pedigree for their locker room.

Camille the Eel

I forgot how in 2008 or 9, Flippula was the Wings 2d line center in the playoffs on a team that still had Lidstrom. Zetterburg and Datsyyk we’re together on the first line. (Hossa was with Flippula). That was maybe the final Bowman team? Or nearly. Anyway, he can still skate and in the game against us was very noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad