Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I forgot how in 2008 or 9, Flippula was the Wings 2d line center in the playoffs on a team that still had Lidstrom. Zetterburg and Datsyyk we’re together on the first line. (Hossa was with Flippula). That was maybe the final Bowman team? Or nearly. Anyway, he can still skate and in the game against us was very noticeable.
The final Bowman team was 2002 when they won the cup.
But also be glad we don’t have Halak. Yes he’s truly truly awful.

And Moore also gave a great demo last night about why we shouldn’t miss him. Chasing the play out of position on maybe 4 Vancouver goals, and Krug his partner in crime.
Halak was playing pretty well until last night, but it looks like he’s come back to earth. He had been much better than Rask, not that I expect it to last.

Rask has been arguably the worst goalie I’ve seen this year, outside of Allen, Smith, Holtby, Price and guys like McKenna and Hutchinson who’ve only played a few games. Rask has only allowed 21 goals, but I already have him down for 11 stoppable ones. That’s over 50%. It says he has a .901% and I think that flatters him, as he’s looked even worse than that. One of the worst I’ve watched this year.

It says he’s taking a leave of absence for personal issues as of today.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Devils vs Maple Leafs: 6 goals against Kinkaid, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Andersen, no chance.

Blue Jackets vs Capitals: 1 goal against Bobrovsky, no chance. 2 goals against Holtby, no chance on either.

Rangers vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on any. 2 goals against Howard, no chance on any.

Sharks vs Blues: 4 goals against Dell, no chance on any. Johnson gets the shutout. DeBoer's system sucks for goal scoring.

Avalanche vs Jets: 4 goals against Varlamov, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on either.

Wild vs Ducks: 1 goal against Stalock, no chance. 5 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable.

So that's 31 goals scored on goalies tonight, only 4 are stoppable. So that's a pretty low percentage tonight. Only 13% of goals allowed tonight were stoppable. Goalies played pretty well on the eye test. I was a little split on one of the goals Hellebuyck allowed. He was beaten short side and the amount of space Erik Johnson had to get the puck in the net wasn't a lot. It was a short side goal, but due to the close-in distance, I couldn't justify slashing Hellebuyck on this one. I went back and forth on it. If I gave him a stoppable goal on that, I might have to give Kinkaid a stoppable goal for what I think was the sixth goal tonight and I wasn't gonna do that. Not at the close range of distance.

No real softy of the night, nothing too bad. Varlamov's was probably the worst.

Reactions: Blender

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
So that's 31 goals scored on goalies tonight, only 4 are stoppable. So that's a pretty low percentage tonight. Only 13% of goals allowed tonight were stoppable. Goalies played pretty well on the eye test.
You're getting soft.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah. I'm surprised they lose as much as they do.

They have a lot more skill and puckhandlers than us, so their weak goaltending burns them at times but they are a deeper and better squad than us.
You think every team is a deeper and better squad than us. Probably even Ottawa and Detroit, so there's no point in debating who is and who isn't better than us.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
You think every team is a deeper and better squad than us. Probably even Ottawa and Detroit, so there's no point in debating who is and who isn't better than us.

That's what you get for letting guys like DSP, Grabner, MacDonald, etc. walk for nothing. I wish we'd been smart enough to sign Brouwer in the summer. Or bring Wedgewood back.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Paying close attention to the compete levels, spacing, zone breakouts this game and NYb is playing the game the right way.
Solid coaching.

FLA on their heels a little but they are holding their own

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey DD, who do you think the Rangers will meet in the first round of the playoffs this year?

I’m guessing either Detroit or Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad