Friedman: Ottawa could trade Brannstrom

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Brannstrom for Strome seems like a match

Sens coach clearly doesn't care for Brannstrom and Colliton clearly despises Strome with Bowman clearly supporting his nonsense

McCabe-Jones
Brannstrom-Murphy
CDH-Gustafsson
(Stillman)

Once Jones and Kalynuk come back the Hawks can jettison 2 of CDD , Gus or Stillman

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Sens coach clearly doesn't care for Brannstrom and Colliton clearly despises Strome with Bowman clearly supporting his nonsense

McCabe-Jones
Brannstrom-Murphy
CDH-Gustafsson
(Stillman)

Once Jones and Kalynuk come back the Hawks can jettison 2 of CDD , Gus or Stillman

Yuck. I am pretty sure DJ would dislike Strome a whole lot more than Brann (who hes been very complimentary of).

I could see it happening because our pro scouting has been very bad, but I think youre a) greatly overstating the extent to which our staff doesnt like Brannstrom and b) overestimating what our interest would be in Strome.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
so Holden and Brown come off the books next year and they probably buyout Del Zotto. with Sanderson making the jump for sure next season, thats Thomson, JBD and Branns pushing for two spots. Shit, maybe we do trade him. Mete could end up getting shipped out if he gets in the coaches doghouse.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

McCabe-Jones
Brannstrom-Murphy
CDH-Gustafsson
(Stillman)

No, no from me. Brännström isn't even doing it in the AHL.
Do not want another ANylander.

I don't see Colliton staying for long, so Strome is gonna get some ice time soon.
What comes to Bowman, he might get canned as well if he doesn't pull the trigger on Colliton.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
No, no from me. Brännström isn't even doing it in the AHL.
Do not want another ANylander.

I don't see Colliton staying for long, so Strome is gonna get some ice time soon.
What comes to Bowman, he might get canned as well if he doesn't pull the trigger on Colliton.

What are you talking about? Brann has looked fine in the AHL.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Ottawa is a feeder team for the rest of the league. They traded Stone for spare parts.

Brannstrom was considered a top 5-10 prospect in the world at the time of his trade. And the second turned into Egor Sokolov - a very legit NHL prospect for us.

Not ideal sure. But then again we basically got the value of Stone and Karlsson from just the Karlsson trade alone. So we are exactly losing any sleep over it...

You know what would suck though is like when the Islanders lost Tavares for nothing when he walked as a FA. But then again, nothing would suck worse than being the team that signed him to the bloated contact that he has - then proceed to rub it in the Islanders faces...

Then you live it down and watch that Islanders team embarrass your own over the next 3 years without Tavares.

Now that would suck

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Brannstrom for Kravtsov
Makes no sense for NYR. Brannstrom wouldn’t be in our top 6 because we have Fox and Lundkvist for PP roles, and he’s not better than Lindgren/Miller/Nemeth. We also have Zac Jones, Tarmo Reunanen, and Matt Robertson all on LHD that are NHL/near NHL ready.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
think he could complement any one of Myers, Fabbro or Carrier pretty nicely, but even though he'd likely be superior to all of our LD prospects we're pretty stacked on the left side with prospects as is.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Ottawa is a feeder team for the rest of the league. They traded Stone for spare parts.
How come nobody else offered more? Cause Stone wanted to play in Vegas or he would have gone UFA I believe. It was a rebuild, Stone's trade didn't work out.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Arizona should be calling Ottawa and offering one their many 2nd round picks for this guy.

say a mid/high 2nd in 2022 for Brannstrom.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I don't want to trade Brannstrom but I understand why Ottawa wants to. We have a log jam at RD with Brannstrom, Bernard Docker and Thomson. Plus we need to really sure up our center depth. Brannstrom in a package of picks and prospect might get us a decent vet C.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I've always found the guy very underwhelming. However IMO his trade value I would assume is extremely low right now so I don't see the reason why to trade him unless he's involved in a bigger multi-player trade to bring someone else in... but just swapping him for a draft pick or a fellow somewhat struggling prospect seems very pointless.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Yep, he made a dumb comment - wasn't the first and wont be the last. Do you disagree with my post?

I just don't agree that it necessarily hasn't worked out. He's been getting the short end of the stick with DJ. He's a good player and management has opted to play Brown, MDZ, Coburn, Gudbranson and Mete over him when he is clearly superior than them. I also think Stone wanted to stay here, but don't blame him if he was going to walk with all the crap happenung at the time. I also think Branny will have a better career than JBD.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad