Friedman: Ottawa could trade Brannstrom

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
The Canucks dont have the pieces Benning would want to give up. Ie way more than Ottawas asking price.

The negotiation would come to an impasse because Dorion and Benning would both be insisting on adding picks.

“You know what Jim, to even it out I’ll add a 4th”

“Well Pierre, if you do that, I think it’s only fair that I add a third next year”

“Ok, I think we can make that work, but I’ll have to add in a 3rd in 2023”

“This is getting ridiculous Pierre, I’ll add a 5th in 2024”

“You know what? This is going nowhere, bye Jim”

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brannstrom for Strome seems like a match

Sens coach clearly doesn't care for Brannstrom and Colliton clearly despises Strome with Bowman clearly supporting his nonsense

McCabe-Jones
Brannstrom-Murphy
CDH-Gustafsson
(Stillman)

Once Jones and Kalynuk come back the Hawks can jettison 2 of CDD , Gus or Stillman
There is no way on earth with Strome's contract he is worth Brannstrom. He is basically a UFA to be. Brannstrom is actually what the sens need but the coaching staff refuses to play him.

Dont see Strome as a fit with Ottawa, they like players that play hard and with pace.

I think a deal around Kravstov for Brannstrom makes more sense.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
There is no way on earth with Strome's contract he is worth Brannstrom. He is basically a UFA to be. Brannstrom is actually what the sens need but the coaching staff refuses to play him.

Dont see Strome as a fit with Ottawa, they like players that play hard and with pace.

I think a deal around Kravstov for Brannstrom makes more sense.

I dont think the staff refuses to play him just because they havent played him yet. He will get into games soon. If you arent sure about a group of guys, it makes sense to give the first looks to guys who require waivers. I really do think its as simple as that. DJ has said throughout the preseason that he views Brann as an NHL D and that its the best hes looked. He will get opportunities and I am confident he will seize them. I really think they just don't want to have him in and out of the lineup and hurt his confidence.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Brannstrom is Suzuki now.... but he cannot pierce the AHL.... please listen to yourself. dear god that's dense.

Totally missing the point lol. No one is comparing Brannstrom to Suzuki other than that they are both assets and just because you get a bad offer for one, doesnt mean a "less-bad" offer isnt still bad.

I thought that was pretty simple....

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Brannstrom for Kravtsov
Honestly, the sens are a team that should probably go hard after Kravtsov. If he hits his ceiling he’s a top flight 60-70 pt winger whose big and fast and good on the PP. he’s also still on a ELC so there plenty of control.
I’ve loved what the sens have been doing, and adding a potential talent like krav with what they already have is a no brainer. He’s absolutely good enough right now for nhl duty in someone’s top 9.
However, Brannstrom isn’t really a piece that interest the rangers at this point in time.
He’s a lefty that’s a small PMD that likes the Right side. Nyr doesn’t really like D playing their offhand side and will avoid it if they can. But add to the fact that Fox, Jones, Lundkvist, Miller, Schneider, Robertson, Lindgren, Trouba, Nemeth, Hajek, Renunanen, and skinner ( down the line)
Are all vying for 6 spots.
It’s not really an environment where Brannstrom will flourish, or receive any relevant PP time

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I know this a Brannstrom thread but what are fans thoughts on Joshua Brown and the cost to the Bruins ? Bruins need help and size on the back end any thoughts ?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know this a Brannstrom thread but what are fans thoughts on Joshua Brown and the cost to the Bruins ? Bruins need help and size on the back end any thoughts ?

Josh Brown is liked by our coaching staff but realistically he's a #6/#7D so I can't imagine the cost would be high.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Josh Brown captained DJ Smith's Oshawa Generals when they won the Memorial Cup

He's not going anywhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad