Friedman: Ottawa could trade Brannstrom

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Zero chance. Mittelstadt has turned it around in a big way ever since Granato took over and looks like a legit top 6 center. Also, it very much appears like the Sabres might have their own version of Brännström in Bryson.

Fair enough

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Would Studnicka be available? Is he still highly regarded by the Bruins?
Possibly?

A lot of fans are high on him since we don't have many good center prospects. He looked pretty good in the preseason, is probably the first forward up in an injury.

Reactions: Deku

UED

May 2, 2021
yet another player who got overrated just because, I guess, people these days are scared of being called "racist against short people" so instead pretend every short player is elite. If we're being real, why would anyone want a 5'9" 3rd pair dman(AHLer for now but if all goes right, 3rd pairer) who won't play PK, you want away from the ice at 5on5, and is ideally not on your PP1 either? I can see someone like Arizona or Buffalo want him but not many other teams.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
yet another player who got overrated just because, I guess, people these days are scared of being called "racist against short people" so instead pretend every short player is elite. If we're being real, why would anyone want a 5'9" 3rd pair dman(AHLer for now but if all goes right, 3rd pairer) who won't play PK, you want away from the ice at 5on5, and is ideally not on your PP1 either? I can see someone like Arizona or Buffalo want him but not many other teams.
Racist against short people?

Thats not how that works.

Reactions: TGWL and haveandare

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
This king fan offers the sens the choice or Madden or Kupari If the sens take Kupari the sens add a mid pick (like 3or 4th) as i think Kupari has a touch more value . If not feel free to counter offer

"The Kings fans" send absolutely not the choice of Madden or Kupari.

We already struggle with the size of our defenders, adding another undersized guy does absolutely nothing for us.
This is actually his main problem, not his skillset.
Personally, i stay away from that trade since we don't get what we need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guitpik

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
"The Kings fans" send absolutely not the choice of Madden or Kupari.

We already struggle with the size of our defenders, adding another undersized guy does absolutely nothing for us.
This is actually his main problem, not his skillset.
Personally, i stay away from that trade since we don't get what we need.
Kurrillio re read the first word of my post I said this king fan you are free to disagree as you did but don't assume i said i speak for all king fans as i will never make that claim mostly due to the fact i have a different vision for the kings. The reason we do this trade is to get some offensive out of our defense, Brannstorm would provide that something Edler anderson and Bjornfot do not I have seen you complaining about the same things i do with respect my fellow king fan. We need offense your version is to get a better winger to which i agree totally but i think we also need someone besides drew to score from the defense. Madden and Kurpari are both small forwards which are most likely not going to make the kings in the future.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Awesome! Keep not playing him then.

lol nice retort. I guess that's expected of habs fans when there proven wrong. Do you have some actual evidence as to why it would be a fair trade?

Here let me give you some for why it's not:

poheling:
ahl ppg -0.6 in 66 games
nhl ppg -0.18 in 28 games

brannstrom:
ahl ppg- 0.75 in 75 games
nhl ppg- 0.28 in 61 games

Also if you knew anything about him you know the reason he isn't playing is because the coach is an idiot who hates smaller players.

So do you see now why it's a garbage trade? Oh wait your a habs fan. Those people never admit their wrong. :laugh:

Last edited:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
lol nice retort. I guess that's expected of habs fans when there proven wrong. Do you have some actual evidence as to why it would be a fair trade?

Here let me give you some for why it's not:

poheling:
ahl ppg -0.6 in 66 games
nhl ppg -0.18 in 28 games

brannstrom:
ahl ppg- 0.75 in 75 games
nhl ppg- 0.28 in 61 games

Also if you knew anything about him you know the reason he isn't playing is because the coach is an idiot who hates smaller players.

So do you see now why it's a garbage trade? Oh wait your a habs fan. Those people never admit their wrong. :laugh:
So it's all about stats with you... I see.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
So it's all about stats with you... I see.
lol brannstrom is a DEFENSEMAN. poehling is a FORWARD He is outscoring him is a DEFENSEMAN meaning he can put up points and also play d. what can poehling do that makes him so superior?

Please give me your evidence? Why do you keep avoiding the topic? You have posted ZERO EVIDENCE to show why it's fair. Is it because you have none?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad