Friedman: Ottawa could trade Brannstrom

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
A team like Buffalo should be in on him. Young D, will get as much ice time as they want him to and plays on the right. If he turns out to be a legitimate top 4 D they'd have Dahlin, Power, Jokiharju and him.

Not sure what Ottawa would want back though.

Reactions: mondo3

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This king fan offers the sens the choice or Madden or Kupari If the sens take Kupari the sens add a mid pick (like 3or 4th) as i think Kupari has a touch more value . If not feel free to counter offer

Based on what? Brannstrom handily out-produced Kupari in the AHL at the same age as a defenseman.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Really stupid move for Ottawa unless they can get a legit player back. But this going to turn out be some scrub for brannstrom who will have a decent career and ultimately a scrub for Mark Stone. Embarrassing.

Stone was walking at the end of the year for nothing and EB was a blue chip prospect, it didn't work out. Nothing embarrassing about it.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Based on what? Brannstrom handily out-produced Kupari in the AHL at the same age as a defenseman.

People see Brannstrom not being a fixture as an indictment of Brann, while ignoring that literally every prospect besides Brady and Pinto have been brought along very slowly during this rebuild.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
A team like Buffalo should be in on him. Young D, will get as much ice time as they want him to and plays on the right. If he turns out to be a legitimate top 4 D they'd have Dahlin, Power, Jokiharju and him.

Not sure what Ottawa would want back though.

Brannstrom as a good piece in an Eichel trade would make a ton of sense.

Brannstrom, Boucher, X, conditional 1st in 22 or 23. Not sure what the missing piece would be.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
With Bogosian on 4-6 weeks IR leave starting Oct. 14th or so, I wonder if this wouldn't be a really great opportunity for the Lightning. His cap hit and waiver exempt status would be pretty ideal if he can handle at least bottom pair duties on the right side. We have all of our 1sts going forward and no 2nd for 2022 or 2023. I don't believe we can move an NHL player.

He has to be better than Sustr, right?

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021

Brannstrom, Boucher, X, conditional 1st in 22 or 23. Not sure what the missing piece would be.

I did think Eichel but you'd think the Sabres would want a very good forward prospect/young NHLer, something that I doubt the Sens would want to give up.

Olofson was the other that I wondered about going the other way.

Reactions: bsu

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

I think Adams would have asked Norris, Ottawa didn’t agree and on that the deal would be dead. Tyler Boucher is certainly an interesting prospect, but was chosen too high for a reason not entirely clear to me.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
This has Canucks written all over it.
No it one hundred percent doesn't.

We have Hughs, OEL, and Rathbone. All puck moving D, two of them fairly small. Even if, as some have said, Brannstrom plays comfortably on the right (despite being left handed) you would struggle to find a worse fit.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Seems most mention a 2nd rounder and Benning loves trading picks. Match made in heaven.

Zero chance Brannstrom will be dealt for a 2nd. Just really doesnt do anything for us.

Brann is a good prospect and a good player - he just so happens to play a position that is also occupied by two guys who may well be our two best players. He will be in the lineup before too long and would have likely gotten a game already if he was on a 1-way deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad