OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
A few wins to end last season really skewed people’s opinion of Lock’s talent. The wins were great, but he wasn’t. He was unbelievable in one game. He’s been anywhere from average to bad in every single other game he has played in his career.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Elway messed up when he didn’t hire Kyle Shanahan.
Edit: it is entirely possible it’s Joe Ellis’s fault because it’s been said he doesn’t like the Shanahans so he could’ve had a say

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
A few wins to end last season really skewed people’s opinion of Lock’s talent. The wins were great, but he wasn’t. He was unbelievable in one game. He’s been anywhere from average to bad in every single other game he has played in his career.
Last year I was able to overlook the average play since it was his first real action. But now it's pretty clear the game is too big for him. He is starting to look like a backup more and more by the game.

The only thing I will say is he is missing Sutton, and Fant looks maybe 50%, and Jeudy has been an extreme disappointment. So not all him, but he looks pretty damn bad right now.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Just fire everyone and go with the highest suggested play on Madden. It really couldn't be any worse. I also think it's still too soon to pass judgement on Lock with our O line and coaches. He's obviously not some special talent, but I could see him with Tannehill like performance. He's also still recovering from that injury.

God I hope Britney takes over and we just draft 3 straight O lineman.

Edit: Also f***ing cut Gordon! That piece of shit is just cashing paychecks and driving drunk. Screw that guy.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Just fire everyone and go with the highest suggested play on Madden. It really couldn't be any worse. I also think it's still too soon to pass judgement on Lock with out O line and coaches. He's obviously not some special talent, but I could see him with Tannehill like performance. He's also still recovering from that injury.

God I hope Britney takes over and we just draft 3 straight O lineman.
Yeah the offense with this O-line is just made to fail. Jeudy hasn’t looked great so far, but he’s also been put on a shitty team and he plays a dependent position, so I think it’s too early to write him off. The skill positions outside of QB are set on the offensive side and beefing up the O-Line would do a world of difference for the RB and QB’s.

Reactions: sethro109

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Elway scouting QB’s and offensive linemen is a fools errand

I can confidently say drew lock isn’t it.
I just don’t see it.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
He has a cannon. But everything else is just not good enough it looks like.
I like his side to side movement, release and his rollout speed. It also sounds like he's willing to learn. Minor adjustments and I could see him being a good QB. This trash fire of a season will be an unfair test for him. If he can manage to learn through all of this, he might be worth keeping. Sadly I don't see the Bronco's being terrible enough to draft in the top 5, so all we can really do is hope Lock learns and grows out of this shit pile.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That’s what other people have been saying on sports media
It just doesn’t look like even in the ball park of competing with Kansas City
Well I mean him having a cannon doesn’t mean much if he can’t read the play to get the ball down the field.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah the offense with this O-line is just made to fail. Jeudy hasn’t looked great so far, but he’s also been put on a shitty team and he plays a dependent position, so I think it’s too early to write him off. The skill positions outside of QB are set on the offensive side and beefing up the O-Line would do a world of difference for the RB and QB’s.
Jeudy will be fine. If there are three players on offence that I'm certain about, it's Sutton, Fant, and Jeudy.

The rest needs to fall into place for things to be successful, which is no easy task at all. Offensive line has stunk for years and this team hasn't had a good QB since Peyton Manning.

At this point, they're better off going full scorched earth and trading players on the defensive side to rebuild properly. Trade Von Miller to the highest bidder.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Elway messed up when he didn’t hire Kyle Shanahan.
Edit: it is entirely possible it’s Joe Ellis’s fault because it’s been said he doesn’t like the Shanahans so he could’ve had a say

Yep. Like the Rockies and Monfort, I don’t think it’ll make one bit of difference what the Broncos do until Ellis is ushered out the door.

That said, I don’t think Elway survives this. You can’t whiff this horribly on two head coaches in a row. I still don’t understand why he’s so enamored with defensive coordinators. Three of his four hires were from the defensive side. The only one that was any good is from the offensive side.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I am still giving Lock the benefit of the doubt. it's only something like his 8th game in the league and last year he had a different OC. Couldn't work most of the summer with the team and the new OC this year. He's still brand new as far as I'm concerned. The one thing that does trouble me though is the durability of the kid. He seems to get injured pretty damn easily.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I am still giving Luck the benefit of the doubt. it's only something like his 8th game in the league and last year he had a different OC. Couldn't work most of the summer with the team and the new OC this year. He's still brand new as far as I'm concerned. The one thing that does trouble me though is the durability of the kid. He seems to get injured pretty damn easily.
It's tough to give him the benefit of the doubt when he is out there reading plays and throwing balls like Tebow. He has been really bad the last two games missing easy reads, and his accuracy has been horrendous when he does make the read.

It's also tough to give him that benefit when you see guys like Joe Burrow come in day 1 and look competent. More and more guys are coming in day 1 looking the part. Lock outside of one really good game against the Texans has be pretty average to below average.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's tough to give him the benefit of the doubt when he is out there reading plays and throwing balls like Tebow. He has been really bad the last two games missing easy reads, and his accuracy has been horrendous when he does make the read.

It's also tough to give him that benefit when you see guys like Joe Burrow come in day 1 and look competent. More and more guys are coming in day 1 looking the part. Lock outside of one really good game against the Texans has be pretty average to below average.
I mean is it really fair to compare Lock to a 1OA pick? Yeah Burrow is transitioning seamlessly, but he’s supposed to. If Lock was supposed to transition with no issues he wouldn’t have been a 2nd round pick.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Lock makes bad decisions, yes. One shining example was that awful pick six he threw. A smarter QB would’ve rifled that in there knowing full well it was a risky throw. He just aired it out and gave the KC DB plenty of time to get in front of it. He’ll also occasionally be so erratic with his accuracy that it’s quite maddening, like when he had Fant wide open and sailed it about 20 yards over his head.

Don’t know if these are fundamental flaws that can’t be fixed or not, but I will say that I don’t think he has great coaching, nor does he have an adequate offensive line. Both of those things need to be fixed or it’s never going to matter who’s taking snaps back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad