OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Jesus, didn’t know until I read Kosmider’s piece that Lindsay suffered a concussion. That dude won’t last another season at this rate.

Did I miss the memo or were players NOT supposed to throw hits leading with the helmet? Sorensen did it TWICE to Lindsay without even close to a penalty called against him. Is this allowed again now? Can they go back to trying to maim one another?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Did I miss the memo or were players NOT supposed to throw hits leading with the helmet? Sorensen did it TWICE to Lindsay without even close to a penalty called against him. Is this allowed again now? Can they go back to trying to maim one another?

They're so haphazard with that rule that it doesn't even matter really.

Reactions: MonsterMack

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Love this article - the good and bad of Lock

GIF Horse: Time for Drew Lock to put up or shut up

Lots of good info here, but I definitely see the trend of Lock drifting back in throws and drifting back trying to make coverage reads vs. stepping up and into the pocket and delivering the ball to a safer area.
I don't blame Lock too much for not wanting to step up into the pocket. Our right side breaks down literally every play.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I mean is it really fair to compare Lock to a 1OA pick? Yeah Burrow is transitioning seamlessly, but he’s supposed to. If Lock was supposed to transition with no issues he wouldn’t have been a 2nd round pick.
Probably not, but my point more so, that guys are capable of coming in right away and performing at a level that makes you think they have something. Lock now is in year 2, despite only playing 8 games, he needs to start showing some signs of progression not regression.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Probably not, but my point more so, that guys are capable of coming in right away and performing at a level that makes you think they have something. Lock now is in year 2, despite only playing 8 games, he needs to start showing some signs of progression not regression.
I mean it's really year 1. He played a few games last year, but it's not like he played a whole season. I don't think he's the answer but 8 games into his career on a team with horrible coaching and an abysmal O-line is a recipe for disaster for most QB's nonetheless a rookie one.

Reactions: Pokecheque

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I mean it's really year 1. He played a few games last year, but it's not like he played a whole season. I don't think he's the answer but 8 games into his career on a team with horrible coaching and an abysmal O-line is a recipe for disaster for most QB's nonetheless a rookie one.
I agree those are also big factors, but simply put Lock needs to start having better performances and quickly, can't have many more performances like last Sunday. That's simply put, not NFL starter quality what he has shown the last 2 weeks.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Drew Lock put up stats against garbage defenses in college and once he faced a good defense, he sucked. I think the only time he did well against a good defense is Florida, but their DC was 3rd & Grantham so

No one should be surprised by this at all.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010

I chuckle knowing that Stan Kroenke is the best owner in this state, the Kroenkes!

Pandemic + opt out after this year + Poor performances because of injuries = Arenado's trade value must be so low

they should be able to replenish their atrocious farm system if they trade Story though...

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
How does the Bronco's OC still have a job? Three straight 3rd downs and they call passing plays that are designed to be short of the line to gain.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I've never thought a NCAA could beat an NFL team but, Clemson would kill the Broncos.

Trevor Lawrence with his college team, would walk out on the field today and beat the Broncos by 3 scores, I'm not even kidding. The Broncos are easily the worst team in the league, coaches are beyond salvageable, Lock sucks, and honestly there isn't even a player I'd keep on the current roster. It will be 15 years before the Broncos compete again. f*** this.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I've never thought a NCAA could beat an NFL team but, Clemson would kill the Broncos.

Trevor Lawrence with his college team, would walk out on the field today and beat the Broncos by 3 scores, I'm not even kidding. The Broncos are easily the worst team in the league, coaches are beyond salvageable, Lock sucks, and honestly there isn't even a player I'd keep on the current roster. It will be 15 years before the Broncos compete again. f*** this.
Kinda crazy to say but the way this team is currently looking that win against the Jets could possibly cost the Broncos Lawrence.

Reactions: Boulder Avalanche

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Let’s not go too overboard here... There’s also players worth keeping and building around. We have good talent in the skill positions(outside QB), but the roster construction is just so bad that they can’t be utilized properly. You can’t prioritize WR’s when your O-Line renders your offense and QB useless, especially a QB that clearly isn’t the answer. The defense is in a decent spot for a rebuild honestly. But the o-line is otherworldly bad and no improvement will be made until they prioritize that.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's really amazing what a franchise QB can do for an NFL club, even when the screw everything else up. I mean, look at the Broncos when Elway was a new arrival. Reeves wasn't what I call a genius GM, but Elway's mere presence meant the Broncos had a legit shot at the playoffs every year. Look at how bad the Bills used to be and now that they have Allen, their fortunes are turning.

Not saying that even a clone made from the DNA of Brady, Mahomes, and Manning could make Vic Fangio look good, but if indeed Lock ain't the guy, well, it might not matter much if everything on the offensive side is screwed up anyway.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Our play calling and adjustments are pathetic. AJ is clearly struggling today and we give him no help on any play. Just constant 1v1s on the out side. All of our runs are inside like the f***ing outside doesn't even exist. Lindsey is probably the fastest player on the field and we only use him inside. And of course our O line can't block anyone again.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Poor Phil, played for a shit team in college (other than 2016). Playing for a shit team in the NFL

Never stay home, kids :sarcasm:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Let’s not go too overboard here... There’s also players worth keeping and building around. We have good talent in the skill positions(outside QB), but the roster construction is just so bad that they can’t be utilized properly. You can’t prioritize WR’s when your O-Line renders your offense and QB useless, especially a QB that clearly isn’t the answer. The defense is in a decent spot for a rebuild honestly. But the o-line is otherworldly bad and no improvement will be made until they prioritize that.
The only guys worth keeping are Lindsay, Fant, Sutton, Jeudy and Risner. That's a lot of holes. It's going to be a long time before we are even remotely passible on offense.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The only guys worth keeping are Lindsay, Fant, Sutton, Jeudy and Risner. That's a lot of holes. It's going to be a long time before we are even remotely passible on offense.
I’m not saying a turnaround will be easy but those guys are good pieces to build around. It’s just a decade of ignoring the o-line is really rearing it’s ugly head right now. And Elways inability to assess QB talent.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I’m not saying a turnaround will be easy but those guys are good pieces to build around. It’s just a decade of ignoring the o-line is really rearing it’s ugly head right now. And Elways inability to assess QB talent.
Agreed. Except there is no light at the end of the tunnel, its going to take another 10 years before we fix all the problems that are wrong with this franchise. Having a few good players here and there is meaningless, have to have players at every position, and we aren't close to that. And on top of that you need competent coaching which we aren't even close to having.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Agreed. Except there is no light at the end of the tunnel, its going to take another 10 years before we fix all the problems that are wrong with this franchise. Having a few good players here and there is meaningless, have to have players at every position, and we aren't close to that. And on top of that you need competent coaching which we aren't even close to having.
I mean as Pokecheque said if we were able fluke our way into a high end QB that makes the team that much better. But the issue is that we have seemingly won our way out of the Lawrence sweepstakes.

Reactions: Boulder Avalanche

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I refuse to believe it would take TEN YEARS to fix the Broncos. Not with the NFL's fluidity when it comes to contracts. I have zero faith they'll be able to fix things so long as Joe Ellis continues to spread his filth within the walls of Dove Valley, but it would not take ten years to fix this team. And you're exaggerating just a bit when you say there aren't any worthwhile players on the roster. If they actually put real effort toward building a real offensive line (and by "real effort," I mean get the f*** rid of Garret Bolles for starters) and getting a head coach who isn't a complete and total disaster, they should at least be respectable.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Until Britney takes over I doubt the Bronco's will ever be good again. I don't know if it's Ellis or Elway (or both) making these bad decisions, but something's got to give.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I refuse to believe it would take TEN YEARS to fix the Broncos. Not with the NFL's fluidity when it comes to contracts. I have zero faith they'll be able to fix things so long as Joe Ellis continues to spread his filth within the walls of Dove Valley, but it would not take ten years to fix this team. And you're exaggerating just a bit when you say there aren't any worthwhile players on the roster. If they actually put real effort toward building a real offensive line (and by "real effort," I mean get the f*** rid of Garret Bolles for starters) and getting a head coach who isn't a complete and total disaster, they should at least be respectable.
Yup. The Broncos are bad, but not quite worst team in the league bad. Like the Avs, if they can focus on the one thing holding them back it will do them a lot of good in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino