OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Bienemy is RIGHT f***ING THERE and the Lions go and hire a clown to be their head coach.

Makes you wonder if Bienemy is that great of an interview? Dude is getting passed up a lot.

We’d already learned that Bieniemy completed interviews with both the Atlanta Falcons and the Detroit Lions on Monday. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Bieniemy also completed an interview with the Los Angeles Chargers on Tuesday and wrapped up interviews with the New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars today.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Makes you wonder if Bienemy is that great of an interview? Dude is getting passed up a lot.

We’d already learned that Bieniemy completed interviews with both the Atlanta Falcons and the Detroit Lions on Monday. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Bieniemy also completed an interview with the Los Angeles Chargers on Tuesday and wrapped up interviews with the New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars today.

Nope. I don't buy that. If he's a bad interview and Dan Campbell is a good interview, I'll eat my hat. No way that rodeo clown is all prim and proper behind the scenes.

We all know what the problem is.

Reactions: Grackle Party

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
So all the things against Bieniemy were basically
-Never calls plays: Sirianni got hired
-Past issues/baggage: Meyer got hired
-Bad interview: Sure this works since we're not in the room but after watching Dan Campbell's press conference, uhhh ok

Also don't believe EB is just waiting for the right team. Most of the jobs available were great jobs other than the Eagles.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Well the Jets passed him up for Saleh.....so you can't throw out the card there....I would have taken Saleh as well over Bienemy though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well the Jets passed him up for Saleh.....so you can't throw out the card there....I would have taken Saleh as well over Bienemy though.

How about we not use that stupid and reductive term anymore, shall we? Nobody said Bienemy was the indisputably best candidate out there. But you can't deny some NFL teams have already interviewed and hired inferior ones.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Matthew Stafford and the Lions mutually agreeing to part ways and he'll be traded this offseason.

Deshaun Watson also has apparently made it known that his preferred destination is the New York Jets, with the Miami Dolphins being his second choice.

Would give the Texans whatever they want for Watson.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Matthew Stafford and the Lions mutually agreeing to part ways and he'll be traded this offseason.

Deshaun Watson also has apparently made it known that his preferred destination is the New York Jets, with the Miami Dolphins being his second choice.

Why??

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Absolutely no to Stafford for the Broncos. Guy has taken one too many big hits for my liking.

Let him go to Indy, have a real shot at playoffs. They are much better spot for where he is at in his career. We are rebuilding, can't see him even wanting to come here.

Reactions: sethro109

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Broncos are in limbo until the ownership situation is sorted. The team needs to fully bottom out (and sadly this was the best year to do so with Trevor Lawrence) in order to make any progress. Right now they are in the worst spot for a team in any sport, not good enough for playoff contention but not bad enough to get high end talent.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Nope. I don't buy that. If he's a bad interview and Dan Campbell is a good interview, I'll eat my hat. No way that rodeo clown is all prim and proper behind the scenes.

per schefter - “Lions HC Dan Campbell and GM Brad Holmes were told that Matthew Stafford was not expected to be with the team before they were hired, per sources. They knew the situation and still embraced it.”

the lions job wasnt as great as it probably seemed. Sounds like a total rebuild.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Perhaps Bienemy himself is waiting for the "right" opportunity?

I mean, why would anyone want to coach the rebuilding-since-1956 Detroit Lions? Why would anyone want to work for the Houston Texans after the last few seasons?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I mean, why would anyone want to coach the rebuilding-since-1956 Detroit Lions? Why would anyone want to work for the Houston Texans after the last few seasons?

why would anyone want to work for the Broncos when you don’t know who the owner will be in 2 years?

Hopefully we just land some decent talent on the roster until the massive inevitable turnover in this organization happens.

maybe Bienemy is waiting for that day to happen - now that we pretty much all know it’s coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad