Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
To recap...
  • Broncos are most assuredly losing Chris Harris, but traded for a good CB from Jacksonville
  • Rockies are in spring training, which would be good news except for the fact that Jeff Bridich is still employed
  • Nuggets are struggling a bit lately, mainly on the defensive side of the ball
  • CU...has a head coach

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The Broncos trade for Bouye is actually about a stroke of genius by whoever made that call.

If Harris signs somewhere else the Broncos really don’t have to pick up a CB in Free Agency to replace him, which means they’ll probably get a third round comp pick for him.

it ends up basically getting Bouye and a third for giving up a 4th and Harris

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I'll give Karl Dorrell this, he kept the recruiting class intact. Only one asked to get out of his LOI and he was a lower rated recruit.

Although Chev as an OC is uhhhhhhh and he doesn't have Laviska to bail him out like he did in 2018.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The Colorado Rockies are currently seeking a full-time entry level Quantitative Analyst. This individual will assist in the development and maintenance of player information and projection systems, statistical analysis projects and on field strategy. This position requires strong statistical development skills, ability to program in a scripting language such as Python and/or R, as well as a demonstrated ability for independent curiosity and a commitment to excellence while working within a team.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Colorado Rockies are currently seeking a full-time entry level Quantitative Analyst. This individual will assist in the development and maintenance of player information and projection systems, statistical analysis projects and on field strategy. This position requires strong statistical development skills, ability to program in a scripting language such as Python and/or R, as well as a demonstrated ability for independent curiosity and a commitment to excellence while working within a team.

NEWLY HIRED ANALYST: So as you can see by the numbers here, it might be prudent to employ a more aggressive shift when this batter is up.
JEFF BRIDICH: So we should build another fence?
ANALYST: I'm sorry?
BRIDICH: We should build another fence, that's what I'm hearing you say.
ANALYST: Um, I didn't say that at all.
BRIDICH: No, I think I heard you say that a new fence was in order.
ANALYST: No, I was talking about a defensive shift where we move Arenado--
BRIDICH: --to Cleveland?
ANALYST: What?
BRIDICH: What?

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
The Nuggets have a BRUTAL seven game stretch coming up. If they look anything like they have these last three games they could go 0-7. But they could also completely change the narrative. Right now the narrative is, they are not for real contenders.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
In other news, the Nuggets beat the best team in the NBA, the Milawukee Bucks (of course they were without Giannis, but still).

This Nuggets team confuses me. They get up to beat some of the best in the league, and then shit the bed against some of the worst. I just don't understand it.

Reactions: AvsWraith

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
In other news, the Nuggets beat the best team in the NBA, the Milawukee Bucks (of course they were without Giannis, but still).

This Nuggets team confuses me. They get up to beat some of the best in the league, and then shit the bed against some of the worst. I just don't understand it.
You should be used to this as an Avs fan.

AW8

Apr 28, 2014
Refs felt really really bad for that poor soul that was completely and utterly destroyed

Reactions: Pokecheque

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

The Bucks team they beat was worse than the Knicks. No Giannis, no Bledsoe, no Hill, no Middleton etc. They played their benchwarmers for the entire game.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
At least NFL free agency is keeping us entertained. And some big trades have taken place as well.

So far the only big news the Broncos have made of late (apart from getting Bouye) is that they dealt FB Andy Janovich to Cleveland for a 7th rounder. I mean...why even bother then? Whatever.

I guess they signed an OL by the name of Glasgow, I've no idea if he's good or not. I'm willing to bet he's a tad better than Bolles.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Tom Brady in a Tampa Bay Buccaneers jersey is just going to look wrong.

At least he won't be wearing one of these gawdawful things
N6XJL5SGQ5DD7DLDTVLLLSQDGE.jpg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I can't remember the last time this many QB's were on the move.

Tom Brady to Tampa Bay, Phillip Rivers to Indianapolis, Teddy Bridgewater to Carolina, Nick Foles to Chicago.

I assume we'll still see Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, and Mitchell Trubisky all move to new teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad