OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I can't believe they actually came back and won that. Why don't we play offense like that all game long? Why do we have to be multiple scores back before we hit the gas peddle?

EDIT: Once Bosa went down is when things changed for the Broncos. Once again it came down to our shitty Oline.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Same old Chargers but fun to watch Albert O and Hamler contribute.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Say what you will about Lock and the rest of the offense's atrocious play in the first 3 quarters, that was a great comeback.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Does this mean Clemson beats the Chargers by 3 touchdowns?
Yeah probably, if you're going to choke games like that. We're at the point where these top end college teams Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St etc are basically NFL teams. And ones like Ohio St and Clemson have QBs that are better than half the QBs in the NFL.

I used to say no way a NCAA team would even come close, but now with the way some of these NFL teams are playing, I'd take the NCAA teams.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah probably, if you're going to choke games like that. We're at the point where these top end college teams Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St etc are basically NFL teams. And ones like Ohio St and Clemson have QBs that are better than half the QBs in the NFL.

I used to say no way a NCAA team would even come close, but now with the way some of these NFL teams are playing, I'd take the NCAA teams.
LOL

MonsterMack

Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Great college team would beat trash NFL team is always a popular hot take, but is so laughably wrong if you take two seconds to think about it

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

The Broncos are bad... but still soooo much better than a college team.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Theres a huge amount of talent that gets filtered through to the NFL from college. There's no college team with the depth necessary to complete with an NFL team. Especially if they're playing with NFL rules.

That's why so many college games are incredibly fun to watch. You have these insanely talented athletes picking on random dudes that'll never even sniff the draft. NFL rookies always say the same thing "It's hard adjusting to how fast the game is in the NFL" or "It's going to take some time to adjust to how fast the NFL is".

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The Broncos are bad... but still soooo much better than a college team.
Neutral stadium, other team has Trevor Lawrence as well as a ton of NFL caliber players, and a competent coaching staff and I'm not so sure.

I'd like to think the Broncos would win but with the way we play, and the way we're coached I'm not sure its a guarantee that the Broncos win. All I know is I'd pay good money to see that game.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Theres a huge amount of talent that gets filtered through to the NFL from college. There's no college team with the depth necessary to complete with an NFL team. Especially if they're playing with NFL rules.

That's why so many college games are incredibly fun to watch. You have these insanely talented athletes picking on random dudes that'll never even sniff the draft. NFL rookies always say the same thing "It's hard adjusting to how fast the game is in the NFL" or "It's going to take some time to adjust to how fast the NFL is".
For the most part I'd agree but these top teams in the NCAA are basically low level NFL teams. Clemson, Alabama and Ohio St. IMO could complete with any of the bottom 10 teams in the NFL and not look any worse than them. Not saying any would do well in the NFL, but they wouldn't be any worse than a team like the Jets.

MonsterMack

Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
They could have current day Patrick Mahomes and they'd still get crushed. If half your roster won't sniff the NFL in any capacity, you aren't competing with any bottom 10 NFL team.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Neutral stadium, other team has Trevor Lawrence as well as a ton of NFL caliber players, and a competent coaching staff and I'm not so sure.

I'd like to think the Broncos would win but with the way we play, and the way we're coached I'm not sure its a guarantee that the Broncos win. All I know is I'd pay good money to see that game.
Dude the worst player on the Broncos is better than 95% of Clemsons players. Clemson 100% has players that would improve this team but their depth is so much worse than ours. It’s just ignorant to think that it’s close.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Dude the worst player on the Broncos is better than 95% of Clemsons players. Clemson 100% has players that would improve this team but their depth is so much worse than ours. It’s just ignorant to think that it’s close.
Of course depth is much superior than a college team. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think a good amount of the starters for Clemson, Alabama and Ohio St. aren't going to land in the NFL. And two of the above mentioned teams have better QB play than the Broncos. Not saying that the college team would win lots, all I'm saying is if you put any of those 3 teams at full health they probably don't finish dead last in the league. And are more competitive than people think.

The gap between top tier NCAA and bottom tier NFL is closer than ever, and it's more because the bottom tier NFL is getting significantly worse every year.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and here I thought the Cowboys/Eagles would be the funniest thing I'll see tonight

Reactions: MonsterMack

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Of course depth is much superior than a college team. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think a good amount of the starters for Clemson, Alabama and Ohio St. aren't going to land in the NFL. And two of the above mentioned teams have better QB play than the Broncos. Not saying that the college team would win lots, all I'm saying is if you put any of those 3 teams at full health they probably don't finish dead last in the league. And are more competitive than people think.

The gap between top tier NCAA and bottom tier NFL is closer than ever, and it's more because the bottom tier NFL is getting significantly worse every year.
Sure. But bottom tier NFL'ers>>>>>>average NCAA players. Hence why an NFL team will never lose to a college team.

MonsterMack

Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Not to mention NFL schemes and playbooks are significantly more complex than college. And most top college players don't just immediately dominate in the NFL. It's a nonsense premise

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
They could have current day Patrick Mahomes and they'd still get crushed. If half your roster won't sniff the NFL in any capacity, you aren't competing with any bottom 10 NFL team.
The Jets got lit up by Ryipen, a good Mountain West qb who went undrafted and was starting his first NFL game. You're dreaming if you don't think Trevor Lawrence, who is already better than a lot of NFL starters, and a bunch of 5 star recruits who are also going to the NFL wouldn't at least give them a quality game.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Sure. But bottom tier NFL'ers>>>>>>average NCAA players. Hence why an NFL team will never lose to a college team.
Sure but we're not talking average NCAA, were talking about top NCAA guys who good chunk are going to at very minimum get drafted and some are only in the NCAA because they aren't old enough to be in the NFL. 80% or more of the Clemson starters today will probably find their way to a NFL roster over the next couple of seasons. Not all will stick but they have the skills to at least get a shot.

You can't tell me that a team with a NFL caliber qb, at least another 5-6 1st/2nd round caliber players, and bunch of quality 4/5 star recruits that more than likely will eventually get drafted, wouldn't be able at least be hyper competitive with the Jets who get blasted almost every week including give up what 37 to the Ryipen lead Broncos. I just don't believe that a healthy Clemson wouldn't have a prayer against the Jets or even the Giants or any other bottom 5 team.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

I chuckle knowing that Stan Kroenke is the best owner in this state, the Kroenkes!

Pandemic + opt out after this year + Poor performances because of injuries = Arenado's trade value must be so low

they should be able to replenish their atrocious farm system if they trade Story though...

Nothing normal about this Rockies offseason?! So they fix the bullpen and find a catcher?

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think an NFL team would smoke someone like Alabama.

sure bama sends like 30 guys a year to the NFL (and prob giving bama credit on that #. I’m counting undrafted free agents in that number). Only about 15ish of those guys probably stick on rosters in training camp year 1 and have actual NFL careers vs an entire roster of NFL players that will 100% have careers.

One could argue that bama has 4 years of those 30ish players but out of those juniors soph and freshman how many have legitimate experience outside of high school and how many have the size at that level to compete vs the NFL? Not many. There’s a lot of dudes that sit the pine at bama waiting until their junior years to start.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The vast, vast majority of NCAA football players will not even get so much as a sniff of the NFL, and that includes a majority of the roster of the best team in the nation at any given time, so, frustratingly bad as the Broncos are, it's ridiculous to think that an NCAA team has even a remote shot at beating an NFL squad, no matter how good the former is or how bad the latter is.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The vast, vast majority of NCAA football players will not even get so much as a sniff of the NFL, and that includes a majority of the roster of the best team in the nation at any given time, so, frustratingly bad as the Broncos are, it's ridiculous to think that an NCAA team has even a remote shot at beating an NFL squad, no matter how good the former is or how bad the latter is.
Yup. Like I said, a couple players on Clemson or Alabama would improve the Broncos. But after the top few players the gulf in quality is just gigantic.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad