Dreger: Oilers trade ask on Puljujarvi too high

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
He and his agent have said he belongs in the NHL and that they don't want him in the AHL.

He's also not waivers exempt next season.
IDGAF what the agent wants. Send him to the AHL right now. Keep him there. This is no different than the Drouin situation but apparently the Oilers dont have a grownup in the room like Tampa had with Yzerman.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Puljujarvi will make anyone that trades him or call him a bust eat crow in about 2 years. His physical tools are off the charts..... mark my words 70 to 80 point winger in 2 to 3 years time.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think he could have been re-schooled at least after he was drafted, has that size and skill, vision. As I understand it he is a natural center but he has been used as a winger for many years now, on the big ice in Europe the center can get a bit defensive, caught deep on the ice.

I'm confused by this. My understanding is that he's been playing winger at age 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20. Was he a natural center as a kid? Or do you mean his game is better suited to center?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I’d easily offer Julien Gauthier or Janne Kuokkanen plus the BUF 3rd that CAR got in the Skinner trade for Puljajarvi from CAR. Any more that that though and you wish EDM good luck.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I’d easily offer Julien Gauthier or Janne Kuokkanen plus the BUF 3rd that CAR got in the Skinner trade for Puljajarvi from CAR. Any more that that though and you wish EDM good luck.
That is way too much for him.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
EDM thinks that they are some how less screwed because they got rid of PC way too late and while that stopped the bleeding they are still essentially a corpse with a long long path to recovery.

If that mgmt wasn't smart enough to fire PC years ago then they likely aren't smart enough to fix this mess that they are pretty much locked into. Its just hard to watch at this point. The other GMs are going to suffocate them to death just like they did with PC as they just have no leverage.
Philly didn't have a problem with throwing the Oil a cap bone. Having said that I don't think this is a situation for Keith Gretzky to handle. Let the new GM bring his people in and let him decide on the kids future in Edmonton.

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
Philly didn't have a problem with throwing the Oil a cap bone. Having said that I don't think this is a situation for Keith Gretzky to handle. Let the new GM bring his people in and let him decide on the kids future in Edmonton.
yes let the new gm it sounds like it agent problem from this point trying to stop him from going down to the ahl as his camp is not happy about possible ressingment

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Nothing wrong with the headline unless it's after the deadline.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Do you want to be the team though that dumps a former high first rounder for 2nd and a marginal prospect only to have him take off elsewhere. I think it's fair for the Oilers to at least expect a middle first round pick(15-20 range) in 2019
Not a chance that's happening.

I wouldn't advocate trading him either. Oilers are the type of team that should be taking on underachieving players for cheap not giving them away.

Oilforthecup

Apr 21, 2017
For the people saying poolparty has exceptional skating, I'm not really sure what you're watching? He is bent over at like 90 degrees at the waste when he skates. He makes it look very tiring when he is skating.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Edmonton is in a real bind here.

a) Nobody is going to give them the reverse Griffin Reinhart deal.

b) They wouldn't know what to do with a non first overall pick if someone gave them a THN Draft Preview.

c) Puljujarvi's value is only going to keep going down as he approaches waiver eligibility, and Edmonton isn't healthy enough of an organization to nurture him into a productive player.

Reactions: amethyst

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
just feel bad for him. they wont play him and wont trade him unless they get a kings ransom what a freakin' JOKE; ruining a young players' career

I think he gets the Dylan Strome get out of jail card at some point and could pick things up with a better organization.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I think he could have been re-schooled at least after he was drafted, has that size and skill, vision. As I understand it he is a natural center but he has been used as a winger for many years now, on the big ice in Europe the center can get a bit defensive, caught deep on the ice.

Sounds just like Pettersson pre-draft. It's not like Oilers have anything to lose trying him as a center on the 3rd or 4th line at this point.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Puljujarvi will make anyone that trades him or call him a bust eat crow in about 2 years. His physical tools are off the charts..... mark my words 70 to 80 point winger in 2 to 3 years time.

Hmmn, I remember similar comments about a young Nial Yakupov.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I haven't read the thread but the price should be high on him. He has insane potential and in the right situation will pan out to be a great top six forward. Other GMs are trying to steal him right now and the Oilers aren't biting.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00