Dreger: Oilers trade ask on Puljujarvi too high

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Dreger: Oilers’ trade ask on Puljujarvi ‘way too high’

“There is a trade market for Jesse Puljujarvi, but my understanding is that the Oilers just want too much - the ask on him is way too high. I don’t even know what that is. I can take a guess at it when you start talking about either a top prospect or a first-round pick obviously plus something given where he was drafted.
“But I don’t get the sense that Puljujarvi has much, if any, interest in going to Bakersfield and playing in the American Hockey League. Doesn’t have a choice organizationally, so if the Oilers want to take a tough stand on him then so be it.
“But I think it’s time that they actually seriously consider their trade options.”

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I can't see him having much value at all. Someone is gonna want to take a flyer on him, but at their cost, not the Oilers. Although I don't blame the Oilers for asking for a lot. You gotta try. And if the price is low, you just keep him, and hope he finds himself.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
He's not trash, but he hasn't put it together either.
He's big guy, has a decent shot, and skates well, but really he lacks a lot confidence to bring the puck into the scoring area's. Often shoots it early with nobody around.

He's a project, but should be back in the AHL to grow his game/confidence imo.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Send him down for a few weeks and call him back up for the final stretch of the year. If he can't get his shit together than maybe he goes back home for next season.

At some point the player has to accept he isn't good enough and needs to develop at the proper level

Reactions: NORiculous

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
EDM thinks that they are some how less screwed because they got rid of PC way too late and while that stopped the bleeding they are still essentially a corpse with a long long path to recovery.

If that mgmt wasn't smart enough to fire PC years ago then they likely aren't smart enough to fix this mess that they are pretty much locked into. Its just hard to watch at this point. The other GMs are going to suffocate them to death just like they did with PC as they just have no leverage.

Reactions: bigtim1988

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Why would we move him for trash?

Because they could actually get something of decent value for him right now. A 2nd rounder + doesn't seem like a lot for a guy that had as much promise as Pulj did, but on the other hand a 2nd round pick is a lot more than absolutely nothing which is what they may very well get if you hang on to him for another year and he continues to spin his wheels. It's all about risk/reward. Personally, I'd hang on to him if I were Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->