Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Jason Garrison To A PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So why didn't the other half look at him? You know especially considering there are two GM's in ARI and TOR that use all advance stats and could use d help

Didn't sound like he was actually interested in playing in North America anymore.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Because they do things like give players who are long passed their best by dates chances and let other, better players go?

Really, it's not hard.
So name a GM that doesn’t do this.

And hilarious that you saying Auvituu doesn’t want to play in the best league in the world and would rather play in a corrupt financially unstable KHL
He’s not very good..and 31 NHL teams passed on him

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So name a GM that doesn’t do this.

Did you miss the part where I said I think most NHL GMs are dumb?

And hilarious that you saying Auvituu doesn’t want to play in the best league in the world and would rather play in a corrupt financially unstable KHL
He’s not very good..and 31 NHL teams passed on him

He basically said he felt he got jerked around in the nHL and wanted to go somewhere he could actually play while also being closer to home.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
So why didn't the other half look at him? You know especially considering there are two GM's in ARI and TOR that use all advance stats and could use d help
Because all of the smart GMs have decent rosters where a player like Auvitu isn't necessarily needed. On a team like ours with an awful D core, he's a great option to stick on that bottom pairing. Much better than a washed up Jason Garrison. Also, Arizona's defense is pretty damn good.
But you know better right?
If I was given the GM job instead of Chia I'm pretty confident that my results over the past 3 years would have exceeded his.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
If I was given the GM job instead of Chia I'm pretty confident that my results over the past 3 years would have exceeded his.
Of course you would
A guy who looks at stats on his home computer can do a better job than a guy who been in the game his entire life working with scouting departments, ownership, coaches, players agents and other NHL executives hahahahaha

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Well than list the smart ones..surely the list isn’t that long

Poile, Yzerman, Rutherford, Shero would be the cream of the crop in my books. No one's perfect, but they're better than the average GM.

Whatever you need to tell yourself

Yeah why would we listen to the player. Do you ever think before you put finger to keyboard?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Poile, Yzerman, Rutherford, Shero would be the cream of the crop in my books. No one's perfect, but they're better than the average GM.
Yzerman has Dan Giradi and Braydon Coburn on the team..what a moron
Poile's an idiot because he keeps bringing back Mike Fisher
Ray Shero built underwhelming Pens teams...moron
Rutherford hiring Mike Johnston was a major fail...moron

Yeah why would we listen to the player. Do you ever think before you put finger to keyboard?
are you that naive to think he was gonna say "no one in the NHL wanted me?" come on man

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Of course you would
A guy who looks at stats on his home computer can do a better job than a guy who been in the game his entire life working with scouting departments, ownership, coaches, players agents and other NHL executives hahahahaha
It doesn't take a genius to know that the Reinhart, Hall, and Eberle trades as well as the Lucic and Russell contracts are a bad idea. It's sad how random guys on message boards knew those would all backfire and the guy who gets paid millions of dollars a year to be the GM didn't.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Yzerman has Dan Giradi and Braydon Coburn on the team..what a moron
Poile's an idiot because he keeps bringing back Mike Fisher
Ray Shero built underwhelming Pens teams...moron
Rutherford hiring Mike Johnston was a major fail...moron

Even the good ones make the odd mistake. Not one of them has made as many as your precious Chia has in just three years here, but that's a tale for another thread.

are you that naive to think he was gonna say "no one in the NHL wanted me?" come on man

He announced he was leaving for Europe in May. You're not even trying are you?

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
Auvitu didn't get a fair shake because he's a smallish offensive D in his late 20's with no name recognition or pedigree

He deserved a lot more than 33 games last season

Reactions: StevenF1919

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
He announced he was leaving for Europe in May. You're not even trying are you?
and? he doesn't talk to his agent or Chia after the season to gauge interest in teams trading for him for his services?
there was no interest in him
It doesn't take a genius to know that the Reinhart, Hall, and Eberle trades as well as the Lucic and Russell contracts are a bad idea. It's sad how random guys on message boards knew those would all backfire and the guy who gets paid millions of dollars a year to be the GM didn't.
maybe you'd be as good as stats guru John Chayka...

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Auvitu is good enough to play in the NHL, but he'll get to play more and make similar money in Europe, so I definitely can't knock him for moving on. He was one of the Oilers' top 6 defenceman last season for sure.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Auvitu was f***ing awful. This wasn't a matter of lack of opportunity, he just flat out can't defend. Same thing was said by New Jersey fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad