Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Jason Garrison To A PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Spent the majority of the year in the AHL last year.

Don’t really get this one tbh. I guess he will battle it out with gravel for the #7 spot?

Reactions: Aerrol

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Might be worth signing to take bombs on the PP. Just go 7 D and give him PP minutes.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Because Chicago knows quality depth Dmen that is 3 now from the Oilers they have signed Gustafsson Oesterle Davidson

The Oilers need to get a mole inside the Hawks board room and determine which depth Oiler D they are targeting and then rely that to Chiarelli to hold onto. They do a better job evaluating our own D than we do :laugh:

Reactions: Aerchon

North

Jun 25, 2009
Dont mind it. But weird Davidson went on a PTO to Chicago and not here

If Chicago likes Davidson they already have the details hammered out for a 1 year contract. They don't want to sign him to it yet though until they see him play.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
K

Surprised he would take a PTO here given that it doesn't look like there is much room. Must be the only offer he got.

Either that or he doesn't think much of Gravel and Jerabik. He might be right honestly, Jerabek has 36 games NHL experience, Gravel has 70 games NHL experience.

He has more than a fair chance of making the team with Sekera out.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I like the move. Big boom or bust potential. He magically turns back the clock 4 years we get our Sekera replacement. He doesn't, nothing lost.

Most likely just competition to keep everyone on thier toes.

I really liked him, back when he was good.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Just stick him on one of the points and have him shoot on the PP, then get him off the ice when it's done.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If Chicago likes Davidson they already have the details hammered out for a 1 year contract. They don't want to sign him to it yet though until they see him play.

Yeah, thats the definition of a PTO. Just weird that a somewhat local player who developed in the Oilers system wouldnt sign a PTO here (with a depleted D core). Or if the Oilers didnt offer him a PTO (but I believe they did), that wed offer a PTO to a pur AHL player on his last legs vs a young player with more recent NHL experience

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Peter's on it! lol

More competition can't hurt but I don't expect him to show much at camp.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah, thats the definition of a PTO. Just weird that a somewhat local player who developed in the Oilers system wouldnt sign a PTO here (with a depleted D core). Or if the Oilers didnt offer him a PTO (but I believe they did), that wed offer a PTO to a pur AHL player on his last legs vs a young player with more recent NHL experience

I don't really see anything odd about it.

We've traded the guy away twice, if he's crawling back for a PTO here, it's kind of embarrassing on his part. I mean you can say "well you shouldn't feel that way", but it's human nature to feel that way it's like crawling back to a partner after they've dumped you twice.

I mean really too, we've seen Davidson for more than an extended stretch now, what's he going to show on a PTO at this point. You either like the player or you don't. So there's that too. He's got to be thinking "if they wanted me, they'd offer me a contract, they already know what I can do".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad