Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Jason Garrison To A PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
A meh move, but he might be better than Gravel and Jerebek.... and that isn’t saying much.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Just stick him on one of the points and have him shoot on the PP, then get him off the ice when it's done.
He has 1 PP goal in the last 4 seasons. We’re half a dozen years removed from him being a real PP threat in this league. Those days are over.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Have to think this is insurance incase Nurse doesnt sign before the season. Why else bring him in with the Jerabek and Gravel signings?

Reactions: Consultant

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
This must be ‘The Plan’ Bob Nicholson was talking about!

He's a fan of PTO's apparently. :thumbu:

upload_2018-8-28_18-23-30.png

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Bruce McCurdy said on Twitter that you need at least 10 vets for preseason... Which might explain these PTOs?

I don't know if that's actually a rule though - can anyone confirm?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
oddly enough I wanted us to trade for Garrisson from Vegas last year instead of give Russell that contract. Russell is better though.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Competition is never a bad thing. Yes it'd be great if he could add a top 4 guy, but if not we should at least have a couple of solid 6 and 7's to round out the roster.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think both Garrison and Upshall make the team. Our depth is horrid.

I wonder if Garrison can still shoot the biscuit, because if so he'd have probably the best or second best point shot on the team.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Isnt a little speed supposed to be one of his assets despite having slowed down significantly over the years ?

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
He has 1 PP goal in the last 4 seasons. We’re half a dozen years removed from him being a real PP threat in this league. Those days are over.
Its not like he went to the Minors and was Fayne he went down didn't complain I'm assuming or it would have made the newsline and put up a decent amount of points in less than 60 games. Guy could easily bounce back if he gets the opportunity. I haven't looked at the stats but I'd assume he wasn't exactly given preemo pp minutes in Tampa when they had Stamkos/Kucherov/Hedman as point shots so lets not used amount of pp goals over the last few years cloud that aspect of it. I bet you he comes in and looks better than Russel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad