Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Jason Garrison To A PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Didn't you say the same thing last year?
No, but Arizona was 8th in the west after January 1st, playing less games than every team above them.
and if he stays at .930 save% all year
I don't think it's out of the question for Raanta to be a top 10 goalie in the league next season.
Auvitu was ****ing awful. This wasn't a matter of lack of opportunity, he just flat out can't defend. Same thing was said by New Jersey fans.
And yet the Oilers outscored the opposition at even strength when he was on the ice.
I'll believe it when I see it. I'd be willing to do an avatar bet that we'll be better than them this season.
I'd do that. I think we finish 10th in the West and Arizona sneaks in as a wildcard or just misses. I'm more than happy with losing this bet since we're probably in the playoffs if we finish higher than the Coyotes.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
No, but Arizona was 8th in the west after January 1st, playing less games than every team above them.

I don't think it's out of the question for Raanta to be a top 10 goalie in the league next season.

And yet the Oilers outscored the opposition at even strength when he was on the ice.

I'd do that. I think we finish 10th in the West and Arizona sneaks in as a wildcard or just misses. I'm more than happy with losing this bet since we're probably in the playoffs if we finish higher than the Coyotes.
You don't play someone like Auvitu with Mark Letestu that's forsure. He was getting sheltered minutes with our top forwards let's be honest. Useless stat to bring up.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I know it’s just a PTO, but why not send one Emelin’s way instead? He’s not much but at least he can skate and hit and log 15 or 18 minutes a game. I’m not sure if Garry can do any of those things anymore.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
You don't play someone like Auvitu with Mark Letestu that's forsure. He was getting sheltered minutes with our top forwards let's be honest. Useless stat to bring up.
Any bottom pairing dman should be getting sheltered minutes. If they were good enough to handle tough minutes, they wouldn't be playing on the bottom pairing. He did very well in that role and had more success there than players like Russell, Benning, and Davidson.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

You're on. 2 week avatar bet.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Auvitu was ****ing awful. This wasn't a matter of lack of opportunity, he just flat out can't defend. Same thing was said by New Jersey fans.
Can't defend, avoids contact and the corners. Doesn't put up much offense which is what he is suppose to bring.

He's probably a decent #7 or 8, but we were looking for more.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I have some Portuguese ancestry but this past World Cup was the first time that I watched Portugal. That side of family immigrated to Hawaii many years ago.
You picked the wrong time to start following them :laugh:
Can't defend, avoids contact and the corners. Doesn't put up much offense which is what he is suppose to bring.
So like Garrison then, except he was doing those things in the AHL, not the NHL.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Such is life! I've been an Oilers fan since the mid 90's, so a day late and a dollar short on both counts!
If it makes you feel any better, the Oilers suck, Italy didn't qualify for the World Cup, and AC Milan is currently stuck in limbo. I'm not sure why I even bother with sports anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad