Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 3-2 (Pettersson, Motte)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Boeser has to nail that "Curling pass"

you just have to make that pass, rainbow flip, or use the boards

all 3 oiler players beneath the hashmarks, and you have possession

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
To be fair, deployment is going to be a huge issue when a roster is as thin (and Covid riddled) as the Canucks are.

But no argument that Bruce shouldn't be deploying players differently, especially in OT. But I *do* believe a lot of the issue there is the missing players

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
People should be talking about how bad boeser was also
Especially that overtime, he got walked absolutely twice, game should’ve ended if not for Martin making two great saves.

What was he doing chasing Draissitle deep into the zone like that?? Like what did he think was going to happen.. Better yet, what was he doing on the ice at all after that dog shit 60 min?

Reactions: cabinessence

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Bro
You just have to laugh at the chaos giraffe, it's so funny at this point
FKAXyHaWQAA6i_t

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Boeser is now 8 games without an ES point. Before Boudreau came in he was 11 games without an ES point.

His career is in a freefall.
Feels like a guarantee they trade him and I think the casuals are going to hate the shit return we are 100% going to get, but it’s better than the alternative of re-signing him when you factor in what the most likely contract is going to be

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
People should be talking about how bad boeser was also
Especially that overtime, he got walked absolutely twice, game should’ve ended if not for Martin making two great saves.

Sad to say, I'm pretty much done with Boeser. Loved his rookie season, loved all the goals he scored as a Canuck, but Im ready to move on from Boes.

I'd rather move him over Miller and Mott ATM.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Bro
You just have to laugh at the chaos giraffe, it's so funny at this point
FKAXyHaWQAA6i_t
Aside from the dump in... look at how much square footage he's taking up on the screen! Him an Tryamkin both - if only they could use their frame for good and not stoopid.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I thought we cleaned out all the idiots from the Canucks yet somehow Chiasson and Dickinson have more ice time than podz and hogs

what gives?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
McDrai just salivate when they get a chance to play this roster because it has 0 shutdown players.. it's like a break in their schedule. Bad matchup for sure.

I dont know if its even that, its just a slow lineup that does not seem to be able to sustain offensive pressure.

Keeping the puck in edmontons own zone is the best way to beat them, but not even in our top players seem fast enough to generate dangerous offensive zone time.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Boeser is now 8 games without an ES point. Before Boudreau came in he was 11 games without an ES point.

His career is in a freefall
Be more dramatic.

He's slumping, playing for a team that had a bunch of missed games due to Covid, now has a ton of missing players.

I'm not saying he's been good lately, he hasn't been. But, "his career is in freefall"? Come on.

Reactions: Nomobo

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Feels like a guarantee they trade him and I think the casuals are going to hate the shit return we are 100% going to get, but it’s better than the alternative of re-signing him when you factor in what the most likely contract is going to be
Yeah, the return won’t be well regarded by most fans at first but long term it’ll look like a necessary move was made and we didn’t really lose out on too much. Kind of like Duchene to the Avs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Gutpunch of a loss. I want this team to win so bad. I’m pretty realistic though that at this point the playoffs are incredibly unlikely.

Aside from that the Defence was bad and just couldn’t stop McDavid and Drai.

The PK is so brutal that even though they didn’t get scored on they still played a big role in us inevitably losing.

bring on the change and let’s see some roster turnover!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

His career is in a freefall.

Have we witnessed anyones career follow this trajectory?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Sad to say, I'm pretty much done with Boeser. Loved his rookie season, loved all the goals he scored as a Cancuk, but Im ready to move on from Boes.

I'd rather move him over Miller and Mott ATM.

Honestly if trading boeser let us keep Miller, You absolutely have to do it.

Even at his age

Reactions: PavelBure10

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
I thought we cleaned out all the idiots from the Canucks yet somehow Chiasson and Dickinson have more ice time than podz and hogs

what gives?

Dickinson had 6 more minutes of icetime then Hoglander and 9 more min then Pod. Hoglander was the only Canuck actually creating anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad