Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 3-2 (Pettersson, Motte)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If Allvin can find some sucker GM to take Dickinson, that would be pretty sweet, I'd trade him for a cap dump making similar money with 1 year less on his deal, even if it's an AHL player

Reactions: calnuck

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I don't think Dickinson would be my choice, but I think you guys are making a bigger deal out of this than it should be. I'm pretty sure that was his first shift and he had just stepped onto the ice. I doubt Podkolzin stops McDavid either.

Anyway, what about blowing the 2-0 lead and getting thoroughly dominated in the 3rd? More important than stupid OT.

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
i want rebuild including selling petey sadly. hes skilled but not sturdy and we need more sturdy men like hoglander. SEDINS were called little girls but man they are sturdy rock solid dudes by this time in their career. petey was sadly not gifted an nhl players frame. some how quinn makes it work though

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Dickenson, Lamikko, Motte over Podkolzin and Hoglander is a head scratcher.
Yeah the logic behind not playing the two young guys is they might make a defensive screwup costing us the game....

But Dickinson made a defensive screwup costing us the game so....

Shit happens, Dickinson is awful waver fodder and the Hogg and Podkolzin need to earn the trust of the new yet experienced coach

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Pretty terrible, passive performance by everyone. Just left Martin out to dry

the Motte line had good shifst where they made McDavid work hard, but were largely caved in and lucky not have given up like 4 goals

Lotto line looked effective early here, but still way out of sync. I hope they get another game and a practice in before going away

Hoglander carried the team on his back offensively, shame he had to play with stone hands Chiasson and Dickinson

4th line was AHL quality and could hardly move the puck up the ice

Schenn and Myers are back to their base levels which is unfortunate. Trade cup pedigree Schenn and keep Burrughs as the #7 next year

It's criminal that Hunt is playing over Rathbone

Poolman stinks, OEL was great and Hughes is tired from carrying this sorry ass Dcore

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Bingo, But I’m pretty sure Halak has a no movement clause
Really simple here

We should have no loyalty to some random backup goalie with no history with this org

Just f***ing tell him you’ll bench him in favor of Martin

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don't think Dickinson would be my choice, but I think you guys are making a bigger deal out of this than it should be. I'm pretty sure that was his first shift and he had just stepped onto the ice. I doubt Podkolzin stops McDavid either.

Anyway, what about blowing the 2-0 lead and getting thoroughly dominated in the 3rd? More important than stupid OT.
They gave Drai way too much breathing room all game, 11 shots on goal for him, constantly left open in shooting areas

Reactions: Canuckle1970

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Media will not ask Bruce about it either because they’re all scared he’ll react poorly I bet.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Take a good at that replay and watch Dick coast late

lazy play handed the oilers a point

defensive forward? Suuuuuure

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Oh, don’t get me wrong - Canucks were fortunate this game even got to overtime. Martin gave them a legitimate chance to steal this one. The players basically were in a fetal position for the entire final period plus OT.

And even in OT, we had possession multiple times and just gave it away (especially Myers with that ridiculous ring around the boards when his line mates were changing and he had some more time and space)

But - Martin did give us that chance to get there, and Boudreau’s deployment choices there were just frustrating. I think that can be true at the same time as realizing the Canucks should have been thanking their lucky stars to have made it to OT.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Well he sucks offensively, average defensively, below average on face offs and is extremely soft and not physical.

Oh and all the players on the team refer to him as Dick.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Obviously we are now far out of making any playoff run. This may be for the better going forward and will prove to be a huge test for the GM.

Games like these are where you see the big limitations in Myers. Very prone to making unforced errors and turning over the puck and looks overwhelmed when given high minutes or the intensity ramps up.

Boeser is a low IQ winger with shit skating.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
That was some brutal reffing. On a plus Martin looked great.

Dickinson still sucks dickinson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad