Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 3-2 (Pettersson, Motte)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Terrible coaching by Boudreau in OT. These guys gave this plug Dickinson so much money for no reason

Oilers are a shit team with a stupid coach, stupid management, and bad players - especially in net

Can’t believe we couldn’t get Martin a W

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
This felt like a big game, sad we lost. Playoffs likely done. Oilers are still poverty.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Game was a huge nail in the coffin. If we were to magically squeak in it would have had to been at the expense of the oilers. Now we gotta go 12 games over .500 in 40 games lol.

Reactions: calnuck

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Unfortunate that we couldn’t get Martin his W. He was outstanding tonight. Given our roster situation, I think we take the result and we run - but I wanted Martin to get his first win.

Reffing was ridiculous.

Unfortunately, not a fan of Boudreau’s player selection in OT. Not all of it, mind you. Motte certainly deserved to be out there. But in a skills contest that emphasizes speed, it blows my mind that we continue to staple Hoglander and Podkolzin to the bench while a guy like Dickinson gets thrown out there. Poor deployment.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Myers should not be out there in OT. His low IQ is a bad fit for 3 on 3. I mean he skates up the ice and all he can think to do is shoot the puck into the Oilers zone and give the Oilers possession.

Agreed but you really dont have anyone else to put out, outside OEL and Hughes.

Reactions: Canucks LB

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Really concerned with Bruce's line deployment. A game where I think coaching cost them in OT.

Truth is we have a ton of crap on this squad right now in key roles but that OT made me shake my head. Bruce may be in over his head here.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Oilers deserved this win but we did have some legit excuses like Horvat Garland Demko and Pearson all out with the Vid

2 2nd liners, a 3rd liner and a Vezina goalie all out is not nothing

Reactions: calnuck

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
I hope one of the media guys asks Bruce wtf he's thinking trotting out Dickinson and Lammiko in ot. I love the guy but that's some braindead coaching right there

Reactions: wonton15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad