Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 3-2 (Pettersson, Motte)

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Dickinson had 6 more minutes of icetime then Hoglander and 9 more min then Pod. Hoglander was the only Canuck actually creating anything
Agree. Hogs was everywhere creating chances and playing well defensively. No clue why we are not playing him more

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Dickinson had 6 more minutes of icetime then Hoglander and 9 more min then Pod. Hoglander was the only Canuck actually creating anything

Half of that is PK time, but yeah.

I am getting impatient waiting for Rutherford+etc. to clear out the trash. I don't want to watch Chiasson and Dickinson anymore. Vamanos.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The boy band will never win anything if this is all they got

Shot attempts 94 to 43

I mean - we knew the roster composition wasn’t / isn’t great. But they are missing two top six forwards and both their goaltenders. A little latitude is in order, I think. All things considered, their effort these past three games has been very impressive.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I made the point a week ago that you can probably justify holding off on a Miller trade until the draft if you make a bunch of really good retool moves and cap clearing moves prior to the tdl
Picks hold more value at the draft though, plus part of Miller's value is that you sell the other GM on 2 playoff runs with him at a great cap hit

Reactions: DarrenX

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Agree. Hogs was everywhere creating chances and playing well defensively. No clue why we are not playing him more
For one reason or another, both coaches just simply don’t like hoglander.
Obviously has something to do with his defensive work, must be something we’re missing

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.

I am getting impatient waiting for Rutherford+etc. to clear out the trash. I don't want to watch Chiasson and Dickinson anymore. Vamanos.
Didn’t Rutherford say he was waiting for a GM to be in place before making trades?
We’ve got one now

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
For one reason or another, both coaches just simply don’t like hoglander.
Obviously has something to do with his defence of work, must be something we’re missing
He was one of the few that checked in the d zone tonight.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Terrible coaching by Boudreau in OT. These guys gave this plug Dickinson so much money for no reason

Oilers are a shit team with a stupid coach, stupid management, and bad players - especially in net

Can’t believe we couldn’t get Martin a W
"These" guys?You mean "those"guys that are gone now.
I don't want to go back to the Dick thread from the summer when Benning gave up a 3rd round for o player that Dallas was not going to resign and then gave him a 3y/8m contract.Another "gift" from Jimbo who signed 4th liners to bad contracts for no reason.

I told you guys back then that he has 0 offensive skills and only managed 20pts while playing on the first 2 lines, mostly with Pavelski. The Jimbo fans were extatic at this signing: "we've found out shutdown centre". The only thing Dick is shuting down are his own linemates. :laugh:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I mean - we knew the roster composition wasn’t / isn’t great. But they are missing two top six forwards and both their goaltenders. A little latitude is in order, I think. All things considered, their effort these past three games has been very impressive.
Fair comment but the 5v5 play of Pettersson Hughes and Boeser (which stands to eat over 30% of our cap in a few yrs) is not looking that great.

Martin played excellent all you could ask for

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Did OEL and Hoglander even play a single second in OT? Hughes was exhausted and Myers got way too much ice time as well. Lammiko shouldn’t have gotten more than maybe one shift.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Fair comment but the 5v5 play of Pettersson Hughes and Boeser (which stands to eat over 30% of our cap in a few yrs) is not looking that great.

Martin played excellent all you could ask for
EP looks better, he's creating zone entries again, his shot looks good. I'm confident he turns it around. Hughes has been great this season so no complaints there, especially at his cap hit.

Boeser is overpaid since he doesnt really drive play through the neutral zone, he'd be a nice fit for a team that's already good at that so he can just do his thing as a finisher, but on this team he's a bad fit.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015

Yep add Hunt, Dowling and Poolman

Badly need a young waiver claim. Bastian and Pitlick would have been decent replacements

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
"These" guys?You mean "those"guys that are gone now.
I don't want to go back to the Dick thread from the summer when Benning gave up a 3rd round for o player that Dallas was not going to resign and then gave him a 3y/8m contract.Another "gift" from Jimbo who signed 4th liners to bad contracts for no reason.

I told you guys back then that he has 0 offensive skills and only managed 20pts while playing on the first 2 lines, mostly with Pavelski. The Jimbo fans were extatic at this signing: "we've found out shutdown centre". The only thing Dick is shuting down are his own linemates. :laugh:
This will never get old:

Reactions: sting101

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
spencer martin was good tonight. three games. excellent. new backup for demko. trade halak. hogs less mins? wtf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad