Offseason Thread Part III

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd love to get Kane on our team but there's zero chance Joe or the Avs would do it. We're not that kind of organization.

He'll end up somewhere from dirt cheap though and put up fabulous numbers while continuing to be an off the ice difficulty.

Reactions: AvsCOL

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Kane 7M x 4

The Avs have no room even if they wanted Kane. Maybe someone would say that a cap clearing trade could be made, but this is the same team that allowed Saad to walk and did not get any real replacement just to keep JTC.

Last edited:

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Kane got cleared of gambling on the NHL but is now under investigation for much more serious allegations. The Avs shouldn't go anywhere near him regardless of the cost. I doubt any team will right now.
Was there something more serious than the gambling as far as the allegations? I didn't figure they'd care about the abortion hat trick... Or did I miss some more drama there?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
That's really going to help up his trade value. f*** the Sabres are a mess

I really hope that Buffalo trades Eichel to Edmonton, then Edmonton fans can boast about how they are guaranteed a cup and have the best center depth in the league, only for Edmonton to then run a line of Draisaitl-McDavid-Eichel and continue to fail due to a complete lack of defense and depth.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd love to get Kane on our team

I don't care if he scores 150 goals next season, hard pass.

Was there something more serious than the gambling as far as the allegations? I didn't figure they'd care about the abortion hat trick... Or did I miss some more drama there?

i9Eh3F7.png

Reactions: McMetal

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't care if he scores 150 goals next season, hard pass.

i9Eh3F7.png

That sounds absolutely horrible and no doubt Kane isn't the brightest bulb and by the sounds of it, not the nicest guy either... but at the same time i'm not going to throw Kane under the bus right away. This is only one side of the story. Just like Varly's case, i'll wait for more information to show up before declaring him the worst human of 2021.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
That sounds absolutely horrible and no doubt Kane isn't the brightest bulb and by the sounds of it, not the nicest guy either... but at the same time i'm not going to throw Kane under the bus right away. This is only one side of the story. Just like Varly's case, i'll wait for more information to show up before declaring him the worst human of 2021.
Eh... This is quite a bit different. One was a restraining order. The lawyer for his wife is risking a lot if she doesn't have evidence for the claims. Child abuse, domestic abuse and rape aren't things are quite a bit more serious.

Kane has a lot against him that at least in my mind make it pretty easy to believe these are true. The abortion scandal, cheating, and other abuse claims. The victim shaming on HF regardless of the case is pretty bad. I fully understand how legal stuff works, but Kane has a position of power (wealth, social status). A lot of these guys walk because of that alone. I'm glad we're getting to a time where those who are harmed have a proper audience for how they've been wronged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad