Offseason Thread Part III

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
While I can understand why teams and the league wants players to be vaccinated for logistical reasons, it doesn't seem to me like the players who don't want to get vaccinated expect any special treatment for the most part. They seem to realize they will hurt professionally.

I don't particularly agree with their decision. I take the seasonal flu shot each year because I think it's important to contribute to herd immunity to protect others. I just don't think the vicious piling on is going to make anyone change their mind. It might even prevent some from doing so.
Got to make an example out of somebody

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Even if it meant having to get rid of a guy like Mikko in a few years?

Yeah I would.

I dont think it would necessarily have to come to that point though.

I think there's enough money that could be on the table to have Mack, Eichel, and Mikko all here at least through to the end of Mikkos current contract.

It would be tough and would require trimming the fat, but a top like as dominant as what we have now, and then to still have a 2C behind them in Eichel would just be insane.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Yeah I would.

I dont think it would necessarily have to come to that point though.

I think there's enough money that could be on the table to have Mack, Eichel, and Mikko all here at least through to the end of Mikkos current contract.

It would be tough and would require trimming the fat, but a top like as dominant as what we have now, and then to still have a 2C behind them in Eichel would just be insane.
With Eichel as 2C it would be feasible to slot some cheap less skilled guys on his wing who can simply get him the puck and win board battles. A cheaper 3C would also be viable with such an elite 2C.

$2.5m in current capspace plus Compher's $3.5m and Kadri's $4.5m and you already have the money for Eichel. I'd assume that Byram or Newhook would be going the other way, in which case our lineup would look like this:

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Newhook ------- Eichel ------- Burakovsky
Nichuskin ------- Jost --------- Kaut?
Helm ---------- Maltsev ------- O'Connor

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Johnson
Murray -- ??

Kuemper
Francouz

Kinda iffy 3rd line, but you could build a 3rd line around Newhook and Burakovsky as well if you want more balance and just let Eichel go solo with whoever.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I would trade Mikko for Eichel the player 10 times out of 10. Mikko for Eichel the person and I would hesitate. There is just something that doesn't look right with him in the dressing room and with the FO. This is not based on anything except a personal feeling on Eichel's comments on different issues in the past. I would need more info on his character before making that trade.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Oh god no I would not take Eichel over Mikko even without all the injury issues. My god. He is so overrated.
Just to be clear in my case I meant a healthy Eichel. That's why I said Eichel the player. A 1-2 punch of Mack and Eichel would be great.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There is just something that doesn't look right with him
32FI8zM.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Maybe I'm just surprised at all the news coming seemingly at once, but I can't recall a season where so many players weren't going to be ready for the season because of "offseason procedures" in recent memory. Not just the Avs, but around the league. Feels like so many names are going to be out weeks-to-months from offseason surgeries.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Maybe I'm just surprised at all the news coming seemingly at once, but I can't recall a season where so many players weren't going to be ready for the season because of "offseason procedures" in recent memory. Not just the Avs, but around the league. Feels like so many names are going to be out weeks-to-months from offseason surgeries.

Refs aren’t calling games properly during the playoffs.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Eichel is such a hard pass from me at this point... unless we're sending like a 2nd and a b prospect back at the most.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Now I am not sure I would trade Mikko for him regardless of position, but my God people!!! Eichel is a PPG calibre player who would be up there with MacKinnon if he was on this club. I understand not wanting to trade the entire farm for him, but not wanting him due to a talent issue is just absolutely nuts to read.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Rantanen is a great player, but also benefits significantly from the style of this organization and the players he plays with. Eichel has put up fantastic numbers while dealing with constant organizational changes, constant personnel changes, and with significantly less talent around him. I don't know if I would do the trade as well, but Eichel is easily a tier above Rantanen talent wise, even if he is a bit of a head case.

Reactions: AFK

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
There is a reason his value is at an all time low today. A healthy and motivated Eichel is an upper top 10 player talent wise in the league... but the health issues alone scream "stay away." Buffalo backed themselves into a corner, but I would put money down that Eichel doesn't ever get back to the same level he was at before and teams are wise to stay away.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00