Offseason Thread Part III

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It was definitely a Byram ++ for Jones + Elvis thing

I'd be absolutely shocked if Sakic was offering either of Byram/Newhook for a single guaranteed year of Seth Jones. Even Jones extended, the main name they got in return was Boqvist who is simply not on Byram's level.

It is kind of funny to hear confirmation that the Avs were one of the teams coming in down the wire but at the price tag Seth got he definitely would have been a pure one-year rental for the Avs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

10. Nathan MacKinnon confirmed a good little rumour — that Sidney Crosby and Connor McDavid skated as linemates at a Montreal camp; some pre-Olympic practice. MacKinnon half-joked he didn’t like it, because they won every game. “Way to keep it fair,” he laughed. The Avalanche forward, by the way, spent a lot of time on a line with Mitch Marner.

“Half-joked.” You know half of MacKinnon’s sticks ended up in the stands after those games.

Also, Marner to the Avs? Let the rumours begin.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
It's really hard to go wrong with that Canadian roster. I doubt the lines will stay the same the whole time anyway.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd be absolutely shocked if Sakic was offering either of Byram/Newhook for a single guaranteed year of Seth Jones. Even Jones extended, the main name they got in return was Boqvist who is simply not on Byram's level.

It is kind of funny to hear confirmation that the Avs were one of the teams coming in down the wire but at the price tag Seth got he definitely would have been a pure one-year rental for the Avs.

He's not very far off though. Just a tier below.

And let's not forget Chicago gave up the #12 or 13 pick in the draft as well as another 1st next year.

For the Avs... Our 1st at #26 + Byram + 2022 1st is a smaller package then the #13 + Boqvist + 2022 1st from Chicago.

It absolutely would have taken Byram to beat that offer for Jones.

Reactions: PAZ

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Lefebvre, Ronaldo, Bertuzzi...I wonder what these people have in common...

Bertuzzi and Rinaldo live in the same neighborhood.

24752.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad