Offseason Thread Part III

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Let's talk hockey

Avs don't generate much money. Bottom third in the league.

Y646DzN.png

03BVQgh.png

The NHL Rich List | Richest NHL Teams By 2025

Last edited:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't know if the numbers for Vegas are correct, but I believe that Vegas did not receive a portion of the Seattle expansion fees, which may be the explanation.

Colorado's numbers, although low, may actually be impressive if it is taking into account the loss of cable and related advertising revenue fees due to the Altitude-Comcast dispute.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Well but they do have those there. Isn't Buffalo a huge TV market?

I was meaning moreso with regards to the craphole that organization is in while the Avs have been seen as contenders for the last two years. I know that all things considered, the Sabres would absolutely command more capital if the two orgs were in similar standing performance wise. Must be some gigantic deal they have in place there.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd like to say its time for Byram to make himself noticeable. Not that he's received a huge opportunity to do so, but lets start seeing why he was 4th overall and hyped to the tits, show us what you got kid

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Who has a bigger impact on this up coming season? Newhook or Byram?

I'll say Newhook because of his role. It looks like the Avs are pretty much done so they'll need Newhook to provide offense and he should be put in a position to do so in the middle six.

I think Byram will be the better player and maybe even significantly better but next season he's probably going to be asked to play a smaller role. Then again, he's also the type of player who could force Bednar to give him a bigger role with his play. He had a few games last season where he was so good that he was first or second among defensemen in ice time.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That’s a projection based on revenues from 2012-2019, the darkest years of our franchise. Our last two years would likely have been fairly strong, but…

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Vegas last place at generating money?
*The Vegas Golden Knights first played in the 2017-18 season, hence there is no revenue data available for them before 2018. Also, the Seattle Kraken do not feature on this list as the 2021-22 season will be their first in the NHL.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad