Official tank thread and tanking GDT #12 (Sabres @ Stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Ill be 30 in 5 months and I can honestly say there have been few more important games than this last stretch for me in my lifetime.

Game 6 of 99 SCF
Game 7 in CAR ECF

Both of these games vs ARI are up there

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
For all the *****ing about all our points lately, we're now 1-7-2 in March/since the trade deadline.

Honestly, if we could've been told on March 1 that we could go 1-7-2 through the first 10 games in March, would ANYONE have not taken that?

Things on our end are pretty much going to plan. It's the Yotes and their epic descent that's making things very nervous.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Things on our end are pretty much going to plan. It's the Yotes and their epic descent that's making things very nervous.

Yup. Which is why if they manage to out-tank us i can't even be mad at Murray for not tanking hard enough. It's just like getting beat by a better team. No choice but to acknowledge your inferiority :laugh:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
ARIZONA 1-8-1 in last 10

BUFFALO 1-7-2 in last 10

I think based on our remaining schedule we will pick up 8 points in our remaining 9 games. So Arizona would need to get 2 against us and find 3 more somewhere.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think the most amusing thing is that the games we've seen the past few weeks are the same games most people were describing they wanted to see before the season started. Hard working games where we keep things close and look halfway decent but just lose out to inferior talent. Now that we're getting that people are losing their minds. :laugh:

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
Thursday game is like a playoff game in Reverse. Instead of a sea of white, we should do a sea of black.

Or Green like a tank, or Camo.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007

Not at all..the game on the 30th will decide things potentially, but I will still be nervous even if Arizona wins on Thursday. The only team they have a real chance of maybe beating left on the schedule (aside from us) is San Jose. I believe we play the Leafs, Carolina, and Columbus still - all 3 very winnable games.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Thank you LINDY. Tonight was the best thing you have ever done for the franchise. Was sick to my stomach when it was 3-2 and stopped checking the score. Just checked it two minutes ago and seeing 4-3 Dallas in regulation has me smiling ear to ear. 9 more to go. Please just lose out and all in regulation please.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
ARIZONA 1-8-1 in last 10

BUFFALO 1-7-2 in last 10

I think based on our remaining schedule we will pick up 8 points in our remaining 9 games. So Arizona would need to get 2 against us and find 3 more somewhere.

:amazed:

1) This board would have a melt-down. Multiple meltdowns.

2) I don't think we get that many

3) I really hope we don't get that many

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
:amazed:

1) This board would have a melt-down. Multiple meltdowns.

2) I don't think we get that many

3) I really hope we don't get that many

I think that's worst case scenario, win against Toronto, Arizona x2, and CBJ or Pitt

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Like I said in another thread, fire Nolan Thursday morning.

Make the entire team go "wtf"

Just throw in the towel, no game plans, play Hackett, etc.

Fire him Thursday morning, like he's going o be the coach come next September

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Don't agree with the Coyotes win Thursday clinches it. There would still be 4 very winnable games (@ARZ, vs TOR, vs CAR, @CBJ), so that 5 point cushion goes down to 1. And you can almost count on the Sabres taking a game or two they shouldn't to OT/SO. So it wouldn't make it over, but it'd go a long way to helping us in case we have another mess up (ie WASH, Boston)

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Or if Arizona could actually just start winning other games, or at least getting some points, that'd make things a lot easier around here. Most of the freakout is due to the factor we all see Buffalo probably getting a few more points, regardless of the Coyotes game. But, it's tough to see Arizona getting any points the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad