Official tank thread and tanking GDT #12 (Sabres @ Stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Oilers win!! 6 pts up on them now!!! 2 man race!!

Now for some stats since the new year.

Here are the records for the 4 "tanking" teams since the new year:

Coyotes:

Jan. 1-8
Feb. 2-10-2
Mar. 1-8-1

Total: 4-27-3 for 11 Pts in 36 Games

Leafs:

Jan. 1-11-1
Feb. 3-7-1
Mar. 2-8-1

Total: 6-26-3 for 15 Pts in 35 Games

Sabres:

Jan. 0-12
Feb. 5-6-2
Mar. 1-6-2

Total: 6-24-4 for 16 Pts in 34 Games

Oilers:

Jan. 5-6-1
Feb. 5-7-1
Mar. 2-4-3

Total 12-17-5 for 29 Pts in 34 games

Last edited:

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
4 - 25 - 3 for the Coyotes.

Edmonton is nearly out of it the way they're going. If we split with Arizona...**** I'm nervous.

ZeroPT*

And this is why people who used advanced stats said that Edmonton would eventually pull away.

Fancy stats indeed

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Wooooo. Even better that it was a ROW win! That puts them 3 ROWS up on us... That surely clinches the tie breaker so we have an extra half point up on the Oilers... Still, Arizona is just so terribad. It comes down to our home and home. Lose both in regulation and 30th is ours. Split or ...gulp sweep the series and hello 29th and 3rd overall :cry:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Wooooo. Even better that it was a ROW win! That puts them 3 ROWS up on us... That surely clinches the tie breaker so we have an extra half point up on the Oilers... Still, Arizona is just so terribad. It comes down to our home and home. Lose both in regulation and 30th is ours. Split or ...gulp sweep the series and hello 29th and 3rd overall :cry:

Since the Oilers are so far ahead we can surely lock up 29th which would still give us 33.5% chance at McEichel.

Bps21*

Yes. Scoring on oneself in the midst of the tank race would net you another go.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Haven't been worried about the Oilers for quite awhile.

10 games left and still fighting for our lives.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Regardless of what happens, we are really going to reap the rewards of getting a fantastic player. That's exciting.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Did anyone notice the sneaky tank move by our bench who didn't give Zadorov a new stick, which eventually ended up as a goal against?

I hear Murray will be sharpening his players skates himself from here on, just to make sure.

Snargitz

Nov 27, 2005
Brisbane
Did anyone notice the sneaky tank move by our bench who didn't give Zadorov a new stick, which eventually ended up as a goal against?

I hear Murray will be sharpening his players skates himself from here on, just to make sure.

Even if they did give him a stick there's no way he would have been able to get back into the play before the goal was scored.

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Don't count edmonton out just yet. All of their last 7 games are against pacific division teams desperately trying to make the playoffs. If they win more than 1 of those games I'll be shocked.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yes. Scoring on oneself in the midst of the tank race would net you another go.

The Penguins were on the power play......

And La Costa said this:

Arizona isn't going to get another point the rest of the season, wow. The only way we can get 30th is if we at worst, split the two game series with them with both games ending in regulation. Arizona is doing a disgraceful job with their tank. At least we have some players who will be on the team in the near future when we are ready to compete, Arizona is full of scrub bum ass players who are terrible minor leaguers. They have OEL and Doan. At least Zads, Risto, Girgs, Ennis, Moulson, Bogo etc will be on the club when we are contenders. They are a disgrace, but what do you expect from a team that employs mr suffering Darcy the nerd Regier.

Sorry bro, but Boedker and Hanzal both went down with injuries. Boedker is a stud, and so is Hanzal. On top of that, you say we have OEL and Doan, but don't mention any other players. You obviously don't know what you are talking about if you think those are the only 2 players that we have.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I fully expect this team to beat Arizona both games.

I don't see how any Buffalonian can't be expecting this.

Listen, The coyotes have had a rough effin schedule. Since Feb 1st, the non playoff teams they've faced:

Columbus
Colorado 2x
Carolina
NJ 2x

22 games.....6 non playoff opponents. You know what the Sabres game is going to look like to a frustrated locker room like that? A big juicy god damned steak dinner. Not only that, but do you honestly think the players in Arizona want to finish last?

I full expect a very motivated AZ club. I certainly don't think we'll sweep them. I split is a fair expectation.

In other good news, with the Columbus win and our loss, the highest we can finish is 5!

Only 10 more games kids. After wading through **** all year, it's like we're almost to the end of the drain pipe and have escaped the 2015 season. KEEP CRAWLING

Karate Johnson*

I don't know about you guys, but if we pull this off and finish last I'm going to be so happy.

If we somehow win the lotto too and get McDavid I'm going to be so obnoxious to other fans.

"It really is the best way to rebuild, we knew it all along. Maybe your team wouldn't be a middling 10th-7th place team if they rebuilt properly, etc etc"

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I don't know about you guys, but if we pull this off and finish last I'm going to be so happy.

If we somehow win the lotto too and get McDavid I'm going to be so obnoxious to other fans.

"It really is the best way to rebuild, we knew it all along. Maybe your team wouldn't be a middling 10th-7th place team if they rebuilt properly, etc etc"

Maybe we should have a party somewhere, crack open champagne and celebrate? :nod:

Of course finishing second I am not going to smash everything in my house just yet. Good chance Arizona or Buffalo win the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad