Official tank thread and tanking GDT #12 (Sabres @ Stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
For my sanity I really hope it doesnt come down to that.
I think it would be great fun, as long as the ending was good. This last month or so has been oddly refreshing, in a perverted way, since Sabres games actually matter again for the first time in years.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What's the upside for making it so every team that misses the playoffs has a shot at #1 overall? The old system where you could only move up a certain number of spots for winning the lottery made so much more sense, people are going to riot if a team that just barely missed the playoffs somehow gets McDavid as a consolation prize.

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense why the #17 team in the league should have any statistical chance at the first overall pick. Imagine the LA Kings missing the playoffs and winning the lottery. Instant dynasty.

Upside is marketing of the league. Generate more hype...get more fan bases excited and involved in the process. Make the lottery an event.. attracting more viewers to the actual draft lottery show. More viewers equals more revenue from sponsors.

Upside is money...has nothing to do with the league being concerned about tanking.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Ultimate suffering would be seeing McDavid or Eichel holding up a Coyotes jersey with Regier up on stage, and us Sabre fans knowing we get neither.

If McDavid is holding up a Coyote jersey, that's good news for us, since it means Eichel will be donning a Sabres jersey a couple minutes later.

Now that EDM is basically out of the race, there aren't really any scenarios in which Arizona gets McDavid and we don't get Eichel.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Imagine if Arizona shocks us all and beats the Wings tonight?

How huge would that be?

That would take a lot of pressure off the head-to-head games.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If McDavid is holding up a Coyote jersey, that's good news for us, since it means Eichel will be donning a Sabres jersey a couple minutes later.

Now that EDM is basically out of the race, there aren't really any scenarios in which Arizona gets McDavid and we don't get Eichel.

Not yet. Beat Arizona 2x, Toronto, and Carolina.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia

How do you figure? If Az finishes 30th, and we finish 29th, whomever wins the lottery picks McDavid, Az picks Eichel. And we get Hanifan.

I'm guessing if you mean Az wins the lottery?

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton

How do you figure? If Az finishes 30th, and we finish 29th, whomever wins the lottery picks McDavid, Az picks Eichel. And we get Hanifan.

I'm guessing if you mean Az wins the lottery?

Yes.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I'm doing my part.. I have a class full of freshman that get bonus final exam points if the Sabres finish 30th, and a few extra if Arizona sweeps the 2 against Buffalo.

One student showed up today in full Sabres gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad