Official tank thread and tanking GDT #12 (Sabres @ Stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m1 minute ago
More Nolan on @WGR550: Seems everyone's focused on a draft choice, but our focus is trying to get these guys to compete & win. #BUFvsDAL

We pay your salary

Teddy, you can focus them somewhere else.

Like a lovely golf course in Arizona. Please, please....focus them somewhere else.

They've had a hard season.....

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Who is the Yotes best offensive player right now? I would take Ennis, Moulson, Larsson, Girgensons, Gionta over any forward on the Yotes.

Only non-scrub forward is Tobias Reider. He's so dangerous. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack every time he steps on the ice.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Imagine if we go through all of this and get Eichel, and Marner or Strome ends up being better :laugh:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Thursday's game may be the most important game to lose in Sabres history. That's an odd, bold statement.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
More Nolan on @WGR550: Seems everyone's focused on a draft choice, but our focus is trying to get these guys to compete & win. #BUFvsDAL

We pay your salary

Go and "compete", your team just faced 101 shot attempts on goal...if that's competing I don't know what to tell you Teddy.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Go and "compete", your team just faced 101 shot attempts on goal...if that's competing I don't know what to tell you Teddy.

To be fair, Dallas barely outplayed us. Shot quanity =/= quality chances.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'm hoping for Hackett on Thursday. Arizona isn't good enough to get Lindback moving laterally, and I think he'd eat them up.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
And their European clubs next year will thank Teddy.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'm hoping for Hackett on Thursday. Arizona isn't good enough to get Lindback moving laterally, and I think he'd eat them up.

Nolan seemed to indicate that earlier. The one trump for Nolan is "riding the hot goalie" but I can't envision a way Nolan could portray what Lindy did tonight as "hot"

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
To be fair, Dallas barely outplayed us. Shot quanity =/= quality chances.

Dallas easily could've had six or seven tonight when you consider Hemsky's wide open miss and the pad save by Lindback just prior to Buffalo's third goal. There was plenty of quality there for the Stars.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
For all the *****ing about all our points lately, we're now 1-7-2 in March/since the trade deadline.

Honestly, if we could've been told on March 1 that we could go 1-7-2 through the first 10 games in March, would ANYONE have not taken that?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
As as aside:

When the HOLY ****ING HELL is our puck luck going to stop?!?!?!?!?!?!?

How many good bounce goals have we scored since the break? How many good, clean, goals have we scored?????

Our luck HAS to stop soon, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad