OT: Official Spittin Chiclets Thread

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Desiring someone is gross just because they work at the same place as you do? Really? The workplace turns off hormones for you? Didn't he say that this woman hung out with he and his wife? Obviously she doesn't think he's gross or creepy or whatever. But now he's gross. Unbelievable.
You aren’t paying attention to the discussion. You’re having a conversation that isn’t happening.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
You aren’t paying attention to the discussion. You’re having a conversation that isn’t happening.

Horse shit. You, like most of society are taking the whole thing way too seriously and I've already given the discussion more attention than it deserves. Continue bashing the guy all you want without my comments. Thank god hockey is back tonight.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Horse ****. You, like most of society are taking the whole thing way too seriously

Sexual harassment, especially in the workplace, is a serious thing. Complaining about 'society' feeling that way is... not a great look.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Been quiet long enough. I know JR, didnt just "meet" him once. He is a self centered, unkind individual. Several years back he had a guy from Chicago, pitching an investment to him out here. They went out drinking, the guy had to piss, so JR pulls over and takes off leaving a Chicago boy out in the middle of the desert to find his way back to civilization. I wouldn't have done that in high school, much less as an adult, but JR was sure to carry on about how amusing it was the next day.
Just one example, that shows the difference between his public and private persona.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Horse ****. You, like most of society are taking the whole thing way too seriously and I've already given the discussion more attention than it deserves. Continue bashing the guy all you want without my comments. Thank god hockey is back tonight.
Everyone is getting way too serious in today's world. If JR was in a bar with friends and this conversation came up, it would all be a big laugh, but because of social media it becomes a way bigger deal than it should be. These types of conversations happen all the time around the water cooler. Woman are just as bad as men. People need to lighten up.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Everyone is getting way too serious in today's world. If JR was in a bar with friends and this conversation came up, it would all be a big laugh, but because of social media it becomes a way bigger deal than it should be. These types of conversations happen all the time around the water cooler. Woman are just as bad as men. People need to lighten up.

A national podcast is not a bar with friends.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
So because people are often idiots and say idiotic things, it's okay? I don't see anything wrong with trying to be better. JR blew it and the funny part is, is that it should have been easy for him to keep his mouth shut.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A national podcast is not a bar with friends.
That podcast never should have gone live, and the way it sounds the higher ups had an opportunity to edit it. We don't know the circumstances surrounding the making of that podcast, but if JR knew it was going live and edits were never discussed then he deserves most of the criticism he is getting.

rt

May 13, 2004
Horse ****. You, like most of society are taking the whole thing way too seriously and I've already given the discussion more attention than it deserves. Continue bashing the guy all you want without my comments. Thank god hockey is back tonight.
Horse shit? I still don’t think you’re following man. I think we have an actual misunderstanding. All of my posts are about words and actions. You’re arguing against thought policing. Nobody has said anything about what somebody is allowed to think or not think. You’re skipping over some pretty key words before responding.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So because people are often idiots and say idiotic things, it's okay? I don't see anything wrong with trying to be better. JR blew it and the funny part is, is that it should have been easy for him to keep his mouth shut.
We all have been idiots or have said idiotic things we wish never happened. I'm sure you have heard some of your coworkers over the years say the same thing JR said, or maybe even worse, but because they aren't in the public eye that is as far as the conversation went. JR may be a jerk, a big mouth, arrogant and what he said may be wrong in most peoples eyes, but because he is a celebrity it's getting more attention than it deserves. Everyone is acting like they are holier than thou.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We all have been idiots or have said idiotic things we wish never happened. I'm sure you have heard some of your coworkers over the years say the same thing JR said, or maybe even worse, but because they aren't in the public eye that is as far as the conversation went. JR may be a jerk, a big mouth, arrogant and what he said may be wrong in most peoples eyes, but because he is a celebrity it's getting more attention than it deserves. Everyone is acting like they are holier than thou.
That's the price you pay to be in the public eye jakey.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There’s “locker room talk”....

And then there’s “locker room talk” with a few million people listening in.....

Neither is really a good thing, but the latter is totally inexcusable. Co-worker or not.
Yup. This is getting more headlines than reading about kids going to bed hungry, or about the thousands of homeless roaming our streets. How about we get our priorities straight and worry about things that really matter?

Reactions: AZviaNJ and RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yup. This is getting more headlines than reading about kids going to bed hungry, or about the thousands of homeless roaming our streets. How about we get our priorities straight and worry about things that really matter?

"This" does matter; why choose? Can't we work on hunger, homelessness, and non-hostile work environments simultaneously?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
"This" does matter; why choose? Can't we work on hunger, homelessness, and non-hostile work environments simultaneously?
Nope, never will happen. It's easier for everyone to chime in on a stupid podcast because of the internet, than it is to give to the food bank or give a homeless person $1 to help them out. It doesn't really matter where you work, there will be people you like and some you don't, and the ones you don't like you will talk about with the ones you like. Humans are mean by nature.

Reactions: AZviaNJ and RemoAZ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
In a recent show Biz revealed AZ (Maloney) was nickel and dining Wheeler on the signing bonus which is why he didn’t sign with us.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

May 13, 2004
In a recent show Biz revealed AZ (Maloney) was nickel and dining Wheeler on the signing bonus which is why he didn’t sign with us.
I don’t actually trust Bissonnette’s interpretation of events. I think he heard something from someone else and his memory or understanding isn’t clear. It was kind of a throw away comment anyway.

As I recall, Wheeler had to take a smaller ELC due to changes in the CBA. He could have earned more on his ELC with the Coyotes than any team in the league. Would have been grandfathered. He took less to choose his destination.

As I recall, he wanted to play with his old Gophers buddy Phil. Of course Phil was in Toronto and Wheeler in Atlanta in fairly short order after the signing anyhow.

rt

May 13, 2004
Morgan is always insinuating on his podcast that Tie was overly involved with Max here in AZ. Joking that Tie called Chayka and Tocchet daily with criticisms. I wonder if the Spitten Chiclets boys asked Tie about Max’s Arizona days. Would love to get Tie’s perspective on events. Morgan and Lapinski are always hinting at but never directly addressing the Domi backstory.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Holy shit...can I get a link to this? I have an insane level of hatred towards Blake Wheeler, I don't think sports hatred can be anymore intense. I wouldn't wish him injury or anything but just barely. If this is true...I...I may need to do some fandom soul searching.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I don’t actually trust Bissonnette’s interpretation of events. I think he heard something from someone else and his memory or understanding isn’t clear. It was kind of a throw away comment anyway.

As I recall, Wheeler had to take a smaller ELC due to changes in the CBA. He could have earned more on his ELC with the Coyotes than any team in the league. Would have been grandfathered. He took less to choose his destination.

As I recall, he wanted to play with his old Gophers buddy Phil. Of course Phil was in Toronto and Wheeler in Atlanta in fairly short order after the signing anyhow.
This is my understanding as well and why I hate Blake Wheeler with the power of a thousand suns. It would really be nice to have the truth but I somehow doubt that will ever happen. So f*** it...back to wishing nothing but the worst (from a hockey perspective) for Blake "bitch" Wheeler.

Reactions: ck26

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Holy ****...can I get a link to this? I have an insane level of hatred towards Blake Wheeler, I don't think sports hatred can be anymore intense. I wouldn't wish him injury or anything but just barely. If this is true...I...I may need to do some fandom soul searching.
It’s either episode 231 or 232 of the podcast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad