OT: Official Spittin Chiclets Thread

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
^ That was a bit f***ed haha. So is Tipp gonna be the next coach to be canned for indecent conduct after taking his wrench out in the room?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Also told a story about how Bill Daly came into the locker room before one of the Detroit series's and told the Coyotes a list of "infractions" the wings gave to the league.

This sounds like something Babcock would do while thinking a team with f***ing Kronwall on it was above it.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I can't remember if I listened to the Hall interview or skipped over it. Worth going back and listening to?

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
I can't remember if I listened to the Hall interview or skipped over it. Worth going back and listening to?

The one from like 2 years ago? I remember Hall saying he thought Phil Kessel was an unreal hockey player, which is kind of funny in hindsight.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Re-listened. Very safe. Very PC. One thing that stood out was how much he seemed to like living in a big market, that wasn’t necessarily a hockey market. He seemed to relish the anonymity. Which surprised me.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Kinda saw that coming given what he said about Tappen. Or, plot twist, Patrick Sharp made the complaint :laugh:

Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

May 13, 2004
And now NBC has suspended JR...
Will not be good for the future of interviews on this podcast. The stuff Roenick said about Tappen really and truly grossed me out. Having said that, he seemed to have said all of that stuff to her already, and in the presence of his own wife, and their friendship seems to still be strong.

I personally think it’s gross to talk to your friends about wanting to f*** them. I also think it’s gross to talk to your wife about wanting to f*** your friends. I also think it’s gross to be friends with someone that tells you and their wife that they want to f*** you. However, I don’t want to tell anyone that they CANT do any of the above. Even if it offends me. It’s not my business.

That said, Tappen isn’t just a friend. She’s a coworker. That changes things a little, I think. At least from NBC’s perspective. If he was talking about some random woman he and his wife know, rather than about a women he works with, NBC wouldn’t care. If he had actually slept with Tappen but didn’t share it publicly on a podcast, NBC wouldn’t care.

Reactions: MIG

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I always try and live by the rule: "if I wouldn't say it to my mother, then don't say it."

For JR, he should have known that he can't say something on a podcast that he wouldn't say on TV. Seriously. Just because it's a podcast doesn't mean the standards of conduct are suspended.

rt

May 13, 2004
This is a man who spent the 90s calling himself “styles” and wearing sunglasses inside. He very likely would happily tell his mother he wants to bang his coworker and wife at the same time. He’s a cringy guy from a bygone era.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Haven't listened to the podcast, only read an ESPN article describing what he said.

The stuff with Tappen would be bad if she wasn't aware of it. She's a friend so I'm guessing she's not offended.

The stuff about Sharp and Carter sounded like typical locker room talk. Nothing bad, I'm sure they've heard it already.

I think NBC also did themselves a disservice by suspending him. The only people who would have known about this are Spittin Chiclets fans who are for the most part are accustomed to this kind of language. Now by suspending him evvvverybody knows. Even heard about it on the radio today.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You can't make sexual comments about fellow employees at any business. It doesn't matter if your joking or if the other employees are cool with it. Easy decision for the network, and the correct decision, its black and white now days.

I like JR, have met him, and I don't think he had bad intent, but intent doesn't matter with employment law.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
What's amazing to me, and this doesn't just apply to JR, is how often people who should be media savvy step in it. Was he drunk? How is it he thought his comments would be ok? Maybe he doesn't understand that a podcast is essentially a radio interview.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What's amazing to me, and this doesn't just apply to JR, is how often people who should be media savvy step in it. Was he drunk? How is it he thought his comments would be ok? Maybe he doesn't understand that a podcast is essentially a radio interview.
He's a hockey player who has a gift to gab about the game of hockey. It doesn't make him smart. Goes for most of these TV sports personalities.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
He's a hockey player who has a gift to gab about the game of hockey. It doesn't make him smart. Goes for most of these TV sports personalities.

I agree...doesn't make him smart, but JR has probably been in from of a microphone for tens of thousands of minutes in his lifetime. You could train a dog to bark (or not bark) every time a microphone was placed in front of them. Are you saying JR is less trainable than my Cocker Spaniel? :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad