OT: Official Spittin Chiclets Thread

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Taking a bigger role has an ambassador with team, but I have a feeling eventually he's going to be hired directly by the NHL. He's a gem, other teams are seeing that. He's been hanging out with the Predators, stars from each team, etc. Nice that he will always consider Arizona home, however. He's a big voice for our team. Happy to have him as long as he can stay

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Kinda wish the Coyotes would pounce on him while they still can but it might already be too late.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
"...promoting the sports bar branding program." For someone with his popularity in the target demographic, that does seem like a really good idea. Biznasty in y'all's neighborhood, coming soon. And it would explain only home games, because those sports bar appearances have been for road game broadcasts.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Not surprised. Biz is a star and has so much going for him. Funny, friendly, liked by NHLers, liked by fans, entertaining, and a huge departure from your typically commentators, play by play guys, interviewers, tv people, etc.. Can't be expected to hang on to him forever. Don't be sad it's over, be happy we had him for awhile.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
He mentioned on the last Spittin' Chiclets that he's two months sober. He seems really focused on making this media career completely take off. I believe it will.

Really? That’s awesome. Biz has the skills to do anything he wants to in Hockey Media. As I’ve said before, this is just the start. He’s going to be on national TV before you know it.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He mentioned on the last Spittin' Chiclets that he's two months sober. He seems really focused on making this media career completely take off. I believe it will.
So the Coyotes are going to have him visiting bars? That makes no sense to give someone sober for 2 months a job visiting bars. Which step is that in the 12 step program? Put him on TV or give him the the NHL. Don't make him visit bars for a living.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
So the Coyotes are going to have him visiting bars? That makes no sense to give someone sober for 2 months a job visiting bars. Which step is that in the 12 step program? Put him on TV or give him the the NHL. Don't make him visit bars for a living.
Bars sell food and stuff too. He is constantly going on about the crazy parties and stuff he's done. I don't think alcohol is something that really haunts him, it's more just something that combined with all the concussions he's had makes him tick at less than 100%.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Bars sell food and stuff too. He is constantly going on about the crazy parties and stuff he's done. I don't think alcohol is something that really haunts him, it's more just something that combined with all the concussions he's had makes him tick at less than 100%.
That's not what I understood when he said proudly that he has been sober for 2 months.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just because somebody decides to give up drinking and partying for a while to get on track doesn’t mean they are an alcoholic who feels they have a disease and will die if they drink again. This probably isn’t an AlAnon kind of situation. It’s not like he was blacking out and getting arrested. He’s looking for focus and energy and clarity. He’s giving no indication that he has a problem with alcohol beyond the decision to give it up for some indeterminate length of time. I don’t think this is nearly as dramatic as the way you’re painting it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Teaser is out for Biz's "NHL First Timer" on Facebook. Full episode drops Friday.

Can't provide a link because Xenforo wants to embed it... :mad:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Oh no! This is not a Doan appropriate show. I feel bad for him walking into this. He’s a shucks and darnit kinda dude.

I remember a few years back Doan was talking to Roenick about something. The question was like "who was the hardest defenseman you ever played against?" and Doan answered Lidstrom.

Roenick said his was Pronger and that Pronger was a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and Doan, after a slight pause, said "Yes!"

Reactions: 0point1 and ck26

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I remember a few years back Doan was talking to Roenick about something. The question was like "who was the hardest defenseman you ever played against?" and Doan answered Lidstrom.

Roenick said his was Pronger and that Pronger was a *********** and Doan, after a slight pause, said "Yes!"
I remember that interview. It was great. Doan talked about what an awesome rookie Martinook was. Like one-of-a-kind rookie (in the room).

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He also called him Marty Martinook from Day 1 and had the other vets convinced that was his actual name :laugh:

Reactions: 0point1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad