Official 2015 tank thread III: Edmonton won!! I repeat, Edmonton won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
What gives me hope is that on January 25, 2014 (last season), we were virtually ahead of Edmonton. We had 35 pts in 50 games while they had 36 pts in 53 games. From there, they earned 14 more points than us in 3 fewer games, and finished 15 pts ahead of us. It's not over.

Another good sign: since relieving Fasth in Calgary, Scrivens has stopped 57 of 60 shots (.950). Perhaps he's starting to show signs of life. Baby steps.

It's hard to believe with as much love as Hall gets and his recent seasons that he will not turn it up as the season goes on. They have too much offense to win at such a poor rate this season, and his production alone at the rate he did last year should get them a few more wins.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
wot_banner_keepcalm_ali_001.jpg

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
This is getting ugly, we are getting killed lately. Seems like we are giving up 5 goals every game the since the first Ottawa game. We might just make a heroic run to 30th.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
This is getting ugly, we are getting killed lately. Seems like we are giving up 5 goals every game the since the first Ottawa game. We might just make a heroic run to 30th.

Injuries/illness. See what happens when Myers and Risto are back. Mitchell and gionta as well i guess, since they played well together.

ZeroPT*

Yep. I'd be interested to see what our record with Myers in the line-up is vs when he's out. Especially interesting if it were after November 1st because we were horrid in october.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
What were the matching equipment violation minors?

Edit: scratch that- Yahoo didn't know what it was talking about. It was a trip/dive, not matching illegal stick curves or anything.

Last edited:

ZeroPT*

You guys gotta stop jinxing it. Gotta jurassic park this ****.
"Nobody, move, a muscle" Nobody, says, a word"

In all seriousness, EDM looked much better tonight. They look like an NHL team. Sorta.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Not sure if this was posted but the BOG approved the Arizona majority sale. Management should know in a few weeks the direction they will be allowed to take. The worst thing for us would be hearing that Maloney was fired or resigned as that would likely signal the start of a full fledged rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad