Official 2015 tank thread III: Edmonton won!! I repeat, Edmonton won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
As I just posted at the end of the closed thread, if the Sabres win tonight and the Isles beat New Jersey, Buffalo will be in the 9th draft spot tomorrow morning.

Continue.

Might want to add Woodhouse's mod edit so that we don't have anti-tankers telling us we're the scum of the earth for wanting to add McEichel to our already very good prospect core.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Sabres should trade their first round pick for a high end player so this stupid thread can die

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Might want to add Woodhouse's mod edit so that we don't have anti-tankers telling us we're the scum of the earth for wanting to add McEichel to our already very good prospect core.

Sabres should trade their first round pick for a high end player so this stupid thread can die

Man I'm glad you got that in before we hit 5 posts.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Don't get that considering this is the TANK thread.

And the way people are talking, they are expecting a heroic run to The 8th pick or something. Hence the comment.
You missed my point. Finishing bottom 3 isn't tanking enough. Even odds that you don't even get hanifin.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Big five-game stretch here. It won't be too difficult putting a losing streak together if they lose tonight's game. They have to play in Winnipeg tomorrow night. The Jets are sitting at home resting tonight, and the Sabres probably won't get into their hotel rooms until around 5am tomorrow morning. And we've had difficulties playing in Winnipeg since the Jets returned, so that game should be a comfortable loss.

Then we return home to play the Avs, who've been a disappointment but have more than enough offensive talent to beat us. That game is followed by a roadie in Boston and Detroit. If we can keep it to one or two points acquired, some of this pack at 26 and 27 points should break away a little bit, and even Carolina and Edmonton should gain a little bit.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Jack Eichel is a distant memory, it's now McDavid, Hanifin, Strome and Marner. Hopefully we don't play our way out of that grouping now.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Help me understand this tank thread. Is the thought that anti-tank people can't post comments? Does that mean that the pro-tankers aren't mentioning the tank in other threads? Has there been a negotiated no-tank talk in other threads by both parties? Will the moderators add 'tank' to the smut filter?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Help me understand this tank thread. Is the thought that anti-tank people can't post comments? Does that mean that the pro-tankers aren't mentioning the tank in other threads? Has there been a negotiated no-tank talk in other threads by both parties? Will the moderators add 'tank' to the smut filter?

It's a fair question. All I can say is that were probably going to have to keep having the same ugly tired attacks go both ways. The only thing I'll say in tankers defense is that no one really tries to question your decency for wanting to win. It's nice to have a space where that doesn't happen in reverse, as had often been the case.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
As I just posted at the end of the closed thread, if the Sabres win tonight and the Isles beat New Jersey, Buffalo will be in the 9th draft spot tomorrow morning.

can pro tankers who can see the positive in what is happening post here? Or is it just for pro tankers who only see the negative and want to vent about it?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
can pro tankers who can see the positive in what is happening post here? Or is it just for pro tankers who only see the negative and want to vent about it?

I've said time and again that I appreciate the development of several young players, especially in Girgensons. Risto and Zadorov have had some extended flashes, as well. But, in my estimation, their development is not the reason we're winning a lot of these games--you're free to disagree, in which case we'll have to agree to disagree as I have no intention in engaging in one of your day-long to-and-fros about what the "facts" are. Further, I don't believe there to be a mutually exclusive dynamic wherein we have to choose "development" or "losing games where we're badly outplayed"--a dichotomy contrived by many people who post here. I think both can occur, and would occur if we were even a league-average goaltending team.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

I'm happy the kids are playing well and developing. I'm thrilled in fact. That's critical.

However, I'd much rather they were playing well and hard and developing and we were still losing games and in McEichel position. Which would be exactly what would be happening if not for Enroth's hot streak.

I don't think the young players' level of play or development would be any different if they were playing the same way and yet losing the games they should be losing instead of eking out improbable wins.

I don't think it's critical to their development to get a taste of success right now. These guys have all tasted winning at every level of hockey they've played it. They know what it's like to win and I don't think any of them lack confidence in their own abilities.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'm happy the kids are playing well and developing. I'm thrilled in fact. That's critical.

However, I'd much rather they were playing well and hard and developing and we were still losing games and in McEichel position. Which would be exactly what would be happening if not for Enroth's hot streak.

I don't think the young players' level of play or development would be any different if they were playing the same way and yet losing the games they should be losing instead of eking out improbable wins.

I don't think it's critical to their development to get a taste of success right now. These guys have all tasted winning at every level of hockey they've played it. They know what it's like to win and I don't think any of them lack confidence in their own abilities.

You have precisely articulated my position. This is why the "development or losing, but not both" false choice is so maddening.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

I think we are doing "winning" an injustice if we don't allow for it to have an impact beyond records and draft positions.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Exactly. Look at what being on a historically bad team last year did for girgensons. Kid should be ruined by now but he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad